Assassin recruit ready for some leaps of faith!

Greetings, Here is my intro thread! - http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?14265-A-Random-Wanderer-enters-the-room

I'd like to officially request induction as an Assassin trainee!. While looking over the classes and their related exercises, the Assassins seems the right place for me.

Im 34 and had weight loss surgery near on two years ago, so my weight is not an issue as much as building a lean muscular, flexible body. I had a trainer for a number of years(before and after surgery) who showed me the light and how I can get a workout while rarely if ever using a machine(a lot like Steve actually). I've taken to parkour as it was a goal of mine as something I wanted to do when I was physically fit enough to do it. I'm just doing basic moves and conditioning. I also enjoy doing body weight exercises and when I take my nephew to the playground.. I get more of a work out then he does and I'm the only adult running round doing moves and playing.

Scary part about having surgery is that 30% of people gain the weight back.. it's all about the mental aspect of things, so bottom line for me is that for me to do any kind of exercise it has to be fun to keep me going.. and Parkour, running, and body weight exercises is where it's at because I don't want to go back to how I was.

These guys here are my main source of parkour education. This guy(Ryan Ford) has great videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/DemonDrills

http://www.apexmovement.com/

I also practice Pa Kua Chang(http://youtu.be/XflbVCy3G8c) , which is a style of kung fu with no closed fists or kicks, I'm a Buddhist and also do meditation and a bit of yoga(so I may be a multi class with the druids down there lol)

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Welcome!! Glad to have another assassin join the fold. I really like the fact that you actually get out there and play with your nephew. So many people miss out on so much because they're "too old to play" (I'm only 21, so I can't do too much talking. I play all day, everyday, cause my job RULES). And I FIRMLY believe in the philosophy that if you can have fun and work out at the same time, you will get twice the workout! Just remember, especially when doing parkour, you WILL take some hard falls, and I mean HARD. However, you gotta get back up and keep going. And if you have any questions, comments, w00ts, or what have you, there's an entire community here for ya!

[TABLE=width: 315]

[TABLE=width: 2]

STR:5

STA:7

AGI:6

[/TABLE]

FORTUNE

[TD=align: center]LEVEL II

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FAVORS

[/TD]

WIS:4

CON:5

CHA:3

[/TABLE]

THE BRAVE

[/TABLE]

Thanks Ninja( you a big barefoot/vibrams guy?) and Nuke for the welcome. Nuke what is your area of focus? My focus with Parkour is to do true parkour, I'm not looking to do free running with the flips and tricks etc.. maybe one day lol, but I'm no spring chicken anymore, although I am in the best shape of my life.

and Nuke... Valar Dohaeris

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha

Glad to have you.

Grazia Mentor

You guys are all youngins lol.. I guess I'm one of the "Elders" of the group eh?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Ninja( you a big barefoot/vibrams guy?) and Nuke for the welcome. Nuke what is your area of focus? My focus with Parkour is to do true parkour, I'm not looking to do free running with the flips and tricks etc.. maybe one day lol, but I'm no spring chicken anymore, although I am in the best shape of my life.

and Nuke... Valar Dohaeris

My focus is gymnastics and calisthenics.

All men must die, all men must serve. Good to have another fan among the ranks.

Glad to have you. Nuke I didn't know that. Jealous. I need to hit it up sometime soon.

Yeah dude. Super fun place.

Valar Morghulis
Thanks Ninja( you a big barefoot/vibrams guy?)

Most definitely. I wear my Vibrams when working out outside, otherwise I am completely barefoot. Working at a martial arts school has its perks. I keep a pair of well-worn flipflops in the floorboard of my truck for when I need to go somewhere and they require shoes of some sort, because Vibrams take a minute to put on.

Oh, and my Guild Leaders, you are both making me quite jealous, as there is absolutely NO parkour gym in my little podunk town (really, it's not THAT small, but still). And they police are pretty strict on you NOT practicing parkour on the park equipment. They don't like that.

[/TABLE]

FORTUNE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FAVORS

[/TD]

[/TABLE]

THE BRAVE

[/TABLE]

Most definitely. I wear my Vibrams when working out outside, otherwise I am completely barefoot. Working at a martial arts school has its perks. I keep a pair of well-worn flipflops in the floorboard of my truck for when I need to go somewhere and they require shoes of some sort, because Vibrams take a minute to put on.

Oh, and my Guild Leaders, you are both making me quite jealous, as there is absolutely NO parkour gym in my little podunk town (really, it's not THAT small, but still). And they police are pretty strict on you NOT practicing parkour on the park equipment. They don't like that.

I don't have any Parkour gyms near me either.. granted I could drive an hour and a half to either NYC or Philly, but that defeats the purpose. I have yet to practice on park equipment without my nephew there so I haven't had any police issues, they just assume I'm a good father exercising with my son haha. You should see some of the looks I get from other parents, especially the big fat ones sitting around wondering wtf this guy is doing. I'm thinking about practicing on the equipment in the early mornings actually, no one around.

Hopefully as time goes on, parkour will be more well known and accepted so we will have gyms near us.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah someone tried to make a group in my town on American parkour a few year ago, I sent him a pm a few months back to see if it's still active, seems like it died

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you stay to low low stuff and don't use parks that might help. And check out the wfpf or americanparkour.com to find local groups.

I'll check it out. I hope there is. I'd love to play some parkour CTF, and there's plenty of places to do that around my town at night, and apparently the cops don't really care about a bunch of college kids playing stupid games in the abandoned parking garages and old alleyways in the middle of the night.

[/TABLE]

FORTUNE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FAVORS

[/TD]

[/TABLE]

THE BRAVE

[/TABLE]

I'll check it out. I hope there is. I'd love to play some parkour CTF, and there's plenty of places to do that around my town at night, and apparently the cops don't really care about a bunch of college kids playing stupid games in the abandoned parking garages and old alleyways in the middle of the night.

Parkour ctf??? omg I'm so there lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]