A question about burning fat...

Is it true that if one is trying to burn fat, one should do cardio on a relatively empty stomach, like first thing in the morning, or before eating? Someone mentioned to me that if you do cardio while your stomach is full you just burn the energy it contains and not the stored fat on your body. I didn't think this was true but then I looked up the guy who plays the lead wolf on True Blood (who I'd kill to look like) and apparently his trainer does the same thing with him. I've got fat around my waist that doesn't seem to be going away, so maybe this would help?

Shoryuken!

If you are eating more than you are burning, the fat isn't going anywhere. Yes, your body will burn fat if you run while still in a fasted state (before breakfast) but that will all be for naught if you turn around and eat a buffet style breakfast. The guy you are talking about is probably on a strict diet, too.

I really can't write this post without writing a book about aerobic vs. anaerobic and glycogen depletion. Holy crap, I need to get liscenced so I can get paid for this crap.

If you do HARD cardio on a full stomach then I suppose you lose extra calories in the form of projectile vomit...

Fasted cardio only really makes a difference when dealing with stubborn fat deposits, which you really can't even think of worrying about until you're down to low teens/10 in BF%. Burn more calories than you eat, fat should be burned. That's about it.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

This week I got back into working out when I woke up. Doing all the diet and stuff, but I find this works well for me. I'm big into eating breakfast right when I get up, so I think my body happily burns more. But you can't do as much as later-in-the-day workouts. Anyway, it works for me.

And hey, maybe just shaking things up a little and working out when you normally won't will work.

Do you drink or eat some processed carbs? I find if I cut those out for a couple days, or if i eat cookies from the store or some such unreal food, my belly has a little more of a pooch to it.

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->