Walking to Mordor with the Group

I'm in. Debating whether I should get a pedometer to track how much I move while I'm at work, since I'm mostly on my feet, or just do my scheduled walks. I can get a cheap-o pedometer for a couple bucks that should do the job, but will I actually use it?

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

I say at least for now get a cheapo pedometer. just wearing mine makes me want to workout more. I am totally in btw. I'm probably going to count my entire day's activities if i remember to put it in. The end of this challenge means schools coming.. so My schedules going to be getting -alot- busier. I can't believe I didnt see this either!

DoodleDwarven Adventurer Level 2= STR-3 | DEX-2 | STA-2 | CON-3 | WIS-2 (+1) | CHA-2 (+1)

When Life pushes Me.. I Push Back Harder

Current Challenge: Doodle's finds her spirit again. (Level 2) | First challenge: Level 1: finding the canvas

Leader of The Mighty Adventuring CompanionsMyFitnessPal | fitocracy

Oh, and I'm just counting the exercise walks and walking around town (library, etc.) since I have no pedometer and have to use google maps to figure out mileage. Hopefully I can get a pedometer and log more off road trips though!

"The future will be different if we make the present different."

Peter Maurin

I'll be using my Fitbit as well. I am counting the random walks, as part of my deal right now, is to walk to/from places as much as possible, even if it's not a scheduled workout (ie.: I'll get off the bus a few stops earlier, and then walk to work the rest of the way)

[table=width: 700, align: center]

AngelCastaneda

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Adventurer

STR: 3 DEX: 2 STA: 2 CON: 2 WIS: 3 CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Eat Paleo. Run 5K. Walk 10K steps. Read Love Languages

Real-time Step Data | Fitocracy

What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are

[/table]

Totally in!

I'm only going to count the longer walks outside. Will be using Noom on my Android. Maybe also Runkeeper... to compare results (they don't give the same?)

On a typical day I already walk a total of 20 min (from car to work, from work to lunch, from lunch to work, from work to car), but I rather just count the "real" walks.

Like for example I had the idea of walking into town today to find a barber. (yes I'm still unfamiliar with the town I live in for a few months now)

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Walked today past a Peregrine Falcon nest in a cell phone tower near my house. 3 of the birds were soaring overhead. I just stood and watched them awhile. So amazingly beautiful, I love watching birds catch the air and soar through the skies

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Went to an art fair today and walked all the hell over the place, with pedometer. I'm just gonna be lazy and assume 2,000 steps per mile, mmkay? I'll measure it later.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

We're gonna get "there and back again" in like two weeks. I don't think this challenge was designed for this many people, although it's a lovely spreadsheet.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.