Hello,

My name is Karla & I'm 20. I'm currently a student going onto my senior year in college. I started my weight loss journey back in December at 213 and am currently at 162 (51 pounds thus far). My goal is to lose another 30 pounds. How have I done it? Counting calories & working out. I run a lot - about 5-7miles a day. I also do different workouts for core and such. Although counting calories sounds painful, it's actually not too bad and it's been a good experience overall. My eating habits are so boring, it's unreal.

In terms of my nerdy-ness.... So I've always been into way too many video games. I played everything when I was younger (lovelovelove super nintendo). I've played WOW for 5-6 years now, which is ridiculous. I spend too much time on the internet, you know, the usual.

I'm excited to join this website and hope to read some cool blogs (I've already read quite a few that have been great thus far). I also want to just learn about other ways of staying in shape that might be more creative.

Hey hey, Welcome to the Rebellion, Karla! It's always good to have more Californians in here! Weight loss is a fantastic goal to have, it mostly lies in the diet, so keep making more healthy choices and you'll be set. I recommend visiting the Tavern to find out new and interesting recipes to make your eating more interesting. And congrats on losing the 51 pounds! Keep it going!

Heh, remind me to give you a link that has Super nintendo games that you can play online.

So for now, I recommend to have a "Level 50" idea in mind, basically you're dream fitness level, and then start with the adventurers until you can find a class that you can really resonate with. If you run a lot, I suggest the scouts too.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I felt compelled to reply to your thread because we have the same name! But I'm a "c" Carla. It sounds like we're on the same type of journey as well. I've lost 40 pounds since April and yea, it's been all about counting calories ( I do 1200 a day) and running A LOT.

Good luck with those last 30 lbs! I'm sure the people here will give you a lot of great tips to spice up your diet. :)

Human Companion - Adventurer - Lvl 2
| STR 1 | DEX 5 | STA 7 | CON 5 | WIS 6 | CHA 7 |
If you want something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.

*~* Challenge #2 *~*

Thanks Red!

Yeah, I'm pretty good about the healthy choices and such. :]

I haven't quite figured out how this website works, but hopefully will soon...

It's rather simple, each guild (Warriors, Druids, etc) are particular threads that are focused on the descriptions, ie Warriors = Nerds who mainly lift, Druids = Nerds who mainly Yoga, etc. So for you I recommend either the Adventurers (Nerds who are undecided) or the Scouts (Nerds who mainly Run). Basically, you "join" the class, by participating in whatever topics that are there, and we have these 6 week challenges that you can participate in to sorta challenge yourself to try to get 2-3 fitness goals achieved as well as one life goal. Check out the rules for the current 6 week challenge, and you'll get it. It's based of DnD, if you don't know what that is, heh, don't worry about it then. If you have any questions, feel free to ask around.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."