Hey Guys (and Gals!) New recruit here, obvi. I found this forum through r/fitness and I've been reading through the blog for hours! Seriously, awesome.

I guess I can start with some "About Me"? Well, why not.

• I'm Alayna, recently I've been going by the handle Laney.
  • Recently 21 year old Female, living in MN (where the weather is disagreeable at least 8 months out of the year...)
  • I graduated in May with my BS in Game Design & Development, and I'll be starting school for 3d Character Animation this fall.
  • I love cosplaying.
  • I don't have any lack of motivation, but I have some serious lack of support. My boyfriend an mother continually discourage me from working out and I'm sick of it. I look in the mirror every day and hate what I see.
  • I've been on my healthy journey for 2 years and although I don't weigh myself, I know I've lost one pants size (about 2" in my waist/hips). Currently wear size 29 w/ 32.5" natural waist, probably about 135-140 lbs and 5'6" tall. I use the app NOOM to track my calories easily, and I've been using it for exactly 2 years through several different phones (truly a great app!)
  • I've tried and quit p90x 3 times, and I'm never doing crap like that again.
  • I'll probably never do the paleo diet for a couple reasons. 1- I have a trouble with the word 'diet', I believe strongly in 'lifestyle change' and I don't think it's sustainable for me. 2- I like my oatmeal. (2.5- family history of IBS from fats... Generally trans fats/ greasy food, but not always)
  • As soon as I get home, I'm breaking out the running shoes. I want to be confident in my bikini and not feel like a fat-ass in a tank top.

Welp, I guess that's all for now... Nice to meet you all <3

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

Game Design and Development? That's so awesome! =D

Welcome to the forum. You will absolutely find SO much support here. I just started last week, and I'm already so much more motivated to seriously work on my body.

And I agree, you should totally do the next 6 week challenge!

Caitriona - Gallifreyan Adventurer
Level 1

STR:1 :: DEX:3 :: STA:2 :: CON:2 :: WIS:3 :: CHA:4

Like they all said, we have no lack of support in this community :) I lol'd at your seconds reason not to do paleo, it might be worth a shot though? At least think about trying it for 30 days, if you want to look good you're going to have to get body fat % down. The most important tool for that is your diet, have a look at Staci's story if you haven't already :)

Anyway, welcome Laney!

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

6 Week Challenge

"I'm not gonna build a wall, I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as it can be laid - you do that every day and soon you have a wall." -Will Smith

Welcome! Too bad with the lack of support from your mom and boyfriend. Any time you feel down, there is something active and encouraging going on here. As long as you are happy with what you do, what they do (or don't) with their lives (=activity levels) does not matter. My partner is not a very active person, and I finally (last spring) realized that waiting for someone else to exercise with me is not the way to do things. If I want to be in a better shape, I can and will do it for ME. It took me no time to be in a good enough shape that I could do my workout in the morning and another one if my partner wants to work out with me in the evening. It is my life and now my activeness depends on just me. Anything extra I get from working out with others is just that: extra. My fitness level is built by me. (A side note: even though my fitness level is now totally different from my partner's, I am just happy to be a part of a fitness regime of someone who seriously needs support from me.

Welcome!

You won't be lacking support here ;)

The 6 week challenges are great for identifying specific goals and getting support for achieving them.

Haha thanks! I'm pretty excited, I'm definitely doing the 6 week challenge! I'm so glad I found this forum close to the end of one so I don't have to wait for a new one to start :)

Game Design and Development? That's so awesome! =D

Welcome to the forum. You will absolutely find SO much support here. I just started last week, and I'm already so much more motivated to seriously work on my body.

And I agree, you should totally do the next 6 week challenge!

Game dev is awesome (till you start nit-picking games XD). What team are you going to try for the challenge?

Like they all said, we have no lack of support in this community :) I lol'd at your seconds reason not to do paleo, it might be worth a shot though? At least think about trying it for 30 days, if you want to look good you're going to have to get body fat % down. The most important tool for that is your diet, have a look at Staci's story if you haven't already :)

Anyway, welcome Laney!

I love Spezzy, her story is the reason I joined this forum, seriously. She has a little too much-ab muscle for my *personal* tastes, but her overall fitness is impeccable! I try to only eat carbs for 1 meal of the day, and I don't eat white bread, white rice or pasta (I only eat pasta made of enriched semolina, not wheat- my mom thinks I have a gluten intolerance).

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I'm seriously in love with this forum >w<

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

What team are you going to try for the challenge?

I'm still in the phase of figuring out what I want from my body and how I want to achieve it, so I'll probably join the Adventurers. For me, a lot of it will be about trying new things that I find intimidating. I think a sub-goal of my challenge (not an official goal) will be to find out which guild I actually belong in.

Caitriona - Gallifreyan Adventurer
Level 1

STR:1 :: DEX:3 :: STA:2 :: CON:2 :: WIS:3 :: CHA:4