Laney's Leveling

Haha, love "L" words, works so well with Laney.

Anyways, I've been lurking the forums a little and I think it's a good idea to start a log for... Accountability ^^

Feel free to share your advice and tips here!

I had planned to work out yesterday when I got home from work, but my boyfriend's work contract ended unexpectedly (as is the nature of contract working) so we sat around and talked and planned finances, etc. I had to pay rent (all instead of half), plus electricity and internet so unfortunately I can't spring the money for the books just yet...

INFO

• 21, F, 5'6", ~135-140 lbs, BMI unknown
  • Eat <1,500 calories a day, probably should lower that number
  • Sit on my tush for a 9 hour work day, plus about 1hr-1.5hrs in traffic a day
  • Want to tone stomach, arms.

GOALS

• Make it 2.5 miles while interval running (25 minutes, including warm up/ cool down).
  • Lose 15 lbs or so, tone up stomach (biggest problem area, obvi).
  • Do 20 real push-ups.
  • Run a 5k without breaks.
  • Join a group/team sport/activity.

WEEKLY GOALS

• Work out *at least* 3 days a week (20min+)
  • Do yoga *at least* once a week (45min-60min)
  • Limit carbs to one meal a day
  • Go for a walk at lunch *at least* 2 days of the week

WEEK 1 (7/26-8/1)

Thursday 7/26/2012

Food: Breakfast- 3/4c egg whites plus 2% Greek yogurt with high protein cereal (350 cal). Snack- grapes (150 cal), gummy bears (50 cals, I'm weak). Lunch- half sandwich on whole wheat, iced tea latte (300 cal). Dinner- chicken with steamed veggies (400 cal)?

Exercise: None :(

Friday 7/27/2012

Food: Breakfast- egg whites and leftover yogurt with high protein cereal (250 cal). Snack- grapes and blueberries (200 cal). Lunch- chicken salad (400 cal)? Dinner- Pollock, batter, veggies, brown rice (325 cal).

Exercise: 5:15 am- interval running. 25 minutes= about 1.6 miles. 7:30 pm- interval elliptical. 15 minutes ~320 calories burned today.

Saturday 7/28/2012

Food: free-ish day (~1,500 cal)

Exercise: 8:15 am- beginners body weight workout, 3 sets (knee pushups, 30 s. planks)

Sunday 7/29/2012

Food: Breakfast- 3 eggs, half apple with pb (350). Lunch- Subway salad, no dressing (350 cal). Dinner- Steak and eggs!! (350) Snacks- grapes, blueberries, string cheese, a cookie... (400 cal)

Exercise: Ultimate frisbee for about 90 minutes (250 cal)?

Monday 7/30/2012

Food: Breakfast- 3 eggs, cottage cheese (300). Snack- Grapes, gummy bears... (250). Lunch- Chicken salad with veggies (450). Dinner- went out, Parmesan crusted walleye with veggies, yum! (500).

Exercise: 30 minutes stretching/ yoga. Too sore to run :|

Tuesday 7/31/2012

Food: Breakfast- oatmeal (200), Snack- grapes and an orange (150), Lunch- chicken salad (400), Snack- cookie (250) :( Dinner- steak and egg whites (400)

Exercise: Walked 1.5 miles, beginner body weight workout x3 sets (knee push-ups, 30 second planks) (275 calories)

Wednesday 8/1/2012

Food: Breakfast- 3 eggs with cottage cheese (350), snack- orange (150), lunch-1/2 chicken breast and bacon hoagie on wheat (650 cal- to be safe), dinner-

Exercise: interval run- 30 minutes, 2.5 miles (250 cal)

If posing food is annoying I won't do it, but I'm also looking for improvement in that area (sans the Paleo diet, I'm not sold).

WEEKLY RATING

I personally feel I could have done way better. My diet was actually worse this week than normal (people kept bringing junk to work, it's so difficult to turn down sweets... Much easier to not have them at home) and I didn't work out nearly as much as I would have liked. Well, next week will be better!

starfulle.pngstarfulle.pngstarhalf1.pngstarnone.pngstarnone.png

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

Measurable ,achievable and time-bound goals. Very nicely done, Laney :) I'm sure if you stay determined you'll get there, remember one brick at a time :P

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

6 Week Challenge

"I'm not gonna build a wall, I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as it can be laid - you do that every day and soon you have a wall." -Will Smith

"Join a group/team sport/activity."

That is big. Having a physical group you meet with for a exercise activity or a sport, will help with so many of your other goals. I joined a martial arts school, just a beginners class and it had made everything snap into focus easier. I feel you on the finances front, except that I am the one who is currently jobless. Its rough, but staying focused on something helps. The library is awesome and you can get alot of yoga videos online.

tonic

Shapeshifting Rebel

It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish. - J.R.R. Tolkien

tonic's taking it back

"Join a group/team sport/activity."

That is big. Having a physical group you meet with for a exercise activity or a sport, will help with so many of your other goals. I joined a martial arts school, just a beginners class and it had made everything snap into focus easier. I feel you on the finances front, except that I am the one who is currently jobless. Its rough, but staying focused on something helps. The library is awesome and you can get alot of yoga videos online.

I used to be in karate, I actually received my black belt tae kwon do about 4 years ago. I was in dance as well, but unfortunately I had to leave those when I started college. I love the p90x yoga video so I'll probably do that one, I just really want to find a dance class or a dojo that won't rob the wallet...

| | Cosplay Blog | |

It saddens me to hear that you had to stop training, but it's good you're looking for a place to further your training (although I view this strictly from a Martial Artist's point of view, it applies to dance as well!). My theory (and it's probably EXTREMELY biased) is that if it's important enough, you'll find a way! Good luck, and I hope you find something soon!

[TABLE=width: 315]

[TABLE=width: 2]

STR:5

STA:7

AGI:6

[/TABLE]

FORTUNE

[TD=align: center]LEVEL II

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FAVORS

[/TD]

WIS:4

CON:5

CHA:3

[/TABLE]

THE BRAVE

[/TABLE]

It saddens me to hear that you had to stop training, but it's good you're looking for a place to further your training (although I view this strictly from a Martial Artist's point of view, it applies to dance as well!). My theory (and it's probably EXTREMELY biased) is that if it's important enough, you'll find a way! Good luck, and I hope you find something soon!

I do agree, but being in class for 32+ hours a week and then working 30- something hours or so was tough, and then doing homework on top of that (homework for Game Design can take WEEKS). Now that I'm done with that job and school I have more time, but I'd prefer to do dance/yoga than martial arts, at least for now...

| | Cosplay Blog | |

I do agree, but being in class for 32+ hours a week and then working 30- something hours or so was tough, and then doing homework on top of that (homework for Game Design can take WEEKS). Now that I'm done with that job and school I have more time, but I'd prefer to do dance/yoga than martial arts, at least for now...

Well, my view is because I am a martial arts instructor, and I think of all things in terms of martial arts. I'm not trying to pass judgement or sway you (ok, maybe a little :sneakiness:), but if you want to do dance or yoga, go for it! And 32+ class hours a week? That's some serious dedication there. I only take between 6-8, usually just two classes, but I'm in no rush to finish. I work a LOT, but my job rules so much that I hardly ever feel like I'm actually working, so it never bothers me. I hope you find some dance/yoga soon, you will love yourself for it!

[/TABLE]

FORTUNE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FAVORS

[/TD]

[/TABLE]

THE BRAVE

[/TABLE]

Well, my view is because I am a martial arts instructor, and I think of all things in terms of martial arts. I'm not trying to pass judgement or sway you (ok, maybe a little :sneakiness:), but if you want to do dance or yoga, go for it! And 32+ class hours a week? That's some serious dedication there. I only take between 6-8, usually just two classes, but I'm in no rush to finish. I work a LOT, but my job rules so much that I hardly ever feel like I'm actually working, so it never bothers me. I hope you find some dance/yoga soon, you will love yourself for it!

Haha Touche! Yeah full time school sucked, but that's over now, I just need to really pick something. I want to do everything but we don't have an everything gym around here XD

| | Cosplay Blog | |

Haha Touche! Yeah full time school sucked, but that's over now, I just need to really pick something. I want to do everything but we don't have an everything gym around here XD

If you're having trouble deciding, you could always go with the old faithful, and my personal favorite way to cure indecisiveness. Flip a coin :excitement:

[/TABLE]

FORTUNE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FAVORS

[/TD]

[/TABLE]

THE BRAVE

[/TABLE]

WEEK 2 (8/2 -8/8 )

Thursday 8/2/2012

Food: Breakfast- oatmeal (200 cal). Snack- strawberries, raspberries, 2 chai tea lattes (stressful afternoon! 450 cal). Lunch- half sammie on wheat (350 cal). Dinner-

Exercise:

Friday 8/3/2012

Food:

Exercise: .

Saturday 8/4/2012

Food:

Exercise:

Sunday 8/5/2012

Food:

Exercise:

Monday 8/6/2012

Food: