Hi! I stumbled across this website and forum accidentally - and I am so happy to have found it and super excited to jump right in and start having sweaty fun! I have been on a weight loss/ becoming more healthy journey since February. I was borderline diabetic when I started, and couldn't walk for more then a mile - let alone jog. Since then, on my own, I have lost 25 pounds and can now walk/run a 5k in 45 minutes, not a great time by some standards, but a HUGE improvement for me.

With all that said I have been finding excercising "boring" lately - Which means that I need to change something up- before I revert to my old, much easier, sediatary life style. I am hoping that having a group of people on the same path as I am will give me the added motivation I need to get over this hump. I would have had my friends work out with me - but they are allergic to the word exercise.

Anyways, I hope to get to know everyone better!:topsy_turvy:

A cup full of crazy - with Just a Dash of Geek : www.justadashofgeek.com

Well, you came to the right place, so welcome! Those are some wonderful achievements! I can definitely relate on the finding exercise boring, I've been there. But it's as exciting or boring as you make it. I can say two things: first, there is a lot of exercise experience here, so if you're getting bored, try something you see here; and second, remember the feeling you had when you finished the 5K (no, not the exhaustion, the exhilaration), hold on to it and seek it again with your next milestone.

Again, welcome!

Scorpion1674
Human Ranger - Level 1
STR: 8 DEX: 3 STA: 2 CON: 3 WIS: 4 CHA: 2
"Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

I have been doing some weight lifting, using machines- don't throw stones at me :)) I have thought about trying to do some free weights- but I am so scared of doing it wrong and hurting myself.

My goals going forward - long term - Be able to run a 5k (not walk/jog)- and lose anothe 20-30 pounds

Short term - be able to jog 1 mile straight - no breaks and lose 5 pounds.

I was in Zumba for awhile - which was a lot of fun - but I have a 3 year old and my husband keeps having to work on my zumba nights - so pretty much can't make it. And Zumba dvds are outragious in price - plus I know me - If I have to do it in my home - it wont get done - something will always distract me. I have to get up at 4:45am to go workout before hubby goes to work :)

If you haven't read it yet, read this: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/ that may help remove any fears. Plus there is the form check in the warriors guild where there are critiques of people lifting. I don't use a spotter so all my workouts are alone and I haven't hurt myself yet. (Looks around for something wood to knock on... darn these new fancy non wood desks...)

If you haven't read it yet, read this: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/ that may help remove any fears. Plus there is the form check in the warriors guild where there are critiques of people lifting. I don't use a spotter so all my workouts are alone and I haven't hurt myself yet. (Looks around for something wood to knock on... darn these new fancy non wood desks...)

Wow that is a very inspiring story! I have to say I would love to look like her - I will have to look into the warriors guild. Heck when I play Wow I am always a warrior - so maybe it is fate :)

Welcome! And congrats on your achievements thus far. By the looks of it, you enjoy running, right? Sounds like the Scouts may be the place for you. Regardless of what you choose (and you don't have to choose at all!), remember that if you have any questions or concerns, the entire Rebellion is here to help!

[TABLE=width: 315]

[TABLE=width: 2]

STR:5

STA:7

AGI:6

[/TABLE]

FORTUNE

[TD=align: center]LEVEL II

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FAVORS

[/TD]

WIS:4

CON:5

CHA:3

[/TABLE]

THE BRAVE

[/TABLE]

I guess I enjoy running - I think it is a love hate relationship....I love the feeling after I have ran - I hate the activity of running.....I walk/jog...not going past a 5.6mph yet....and only doing that for 2 minutes at a time right now. I also enjoy the weight training I have been doing. I like feeling the muscles coming out. So I am torn.

I guess I enjoy running - I think it is a love hate relationship....I love the feeling after I have ran - I hate the activity of running.....I walk/jog...not going past a 5.6mph yet....and only doing that for 2 minutes at a time right now. I also enjoy the weight training I have been doing. I like feeling the muscles coming out. So I am torn.

GO GO POWER RANGERS!.......oh, sorry, wrong Rangers. But you catch my drift :cool-new:

[TABLE=width: 315]

STR:5

STA:7

AGI:6

[/TABLE]

FORTUNE

[TD=align: center]LEVEL II

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FAVORS

[/TD]