What's everyone reading?

Just finished Adrift by Steven Callahan, now working on The Way of the SEAL by Mark Divine.

"If you're not waking up in the morning and living your life like a ritual of creation or destruction or life or death or love or hate then you really are just dieing one minute at a time."

- Paul "Grimnir" Waggener of the Wolves of Vinland

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

[STR 6] [DEX 8] [STA 4] [CON 5] [WIS 4] [CHA 4]

Current Challenge: [05]

JJSOMMER.COM | Tumblr | Instagram

Quinte Outdoor Club Meet-Up Group [ON, Canada]

I just got my copy of Mentats of Dune.  I am, however, right in the middle of Heartless by Gail Carriger.  As soon as that's done (which should be soon as she's a quick read), I'll start Mentats.

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Currently reading 2001: Space Odyssey. Catching up on some classics :)

American Gods is one of my all-time favorites, and I enjoyed Good Omens a whole lot.

I'm definitely going to put Anansi Boys on my reading list. I didn't know it was a quasi-sequel to AG. Now I'm curious.

I was disappointed with Anansi Boys when I went into it thinking that it was a sequel, quasi- or otherwise. The best way to approach it is knowing that there is a character in there who was also in American Gods, telling a story that was otherwise unrelated (except for the idea that the old gods are still around and messing with us from time to time).

My second read-through, several years later, was much more fun once I realized that.

• Like 1

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

I've got Sisterhood of Dune sitting on my shelf and my reading list. So no spoilers, please ;)

Wouldn't dream of it.

• Like 1

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Well, see, there's this sisterhood, right, and they're related to Dune somehow.

???

Profit.

• Like 3

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

GB84 by David Pearce - it's like James Ellroy does the miners' strike.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Flicking through a few books, picked up a few from the library yesterday including some by Elizabeth Gaskell, but my main focus right now is "La Curee" by Emile Zola, to work on my French.

A warrior has only one true friend: himself. So he feeds his body well; he trains it; works on it. Where he lacks skill, he practises. Where he lacks knowledge, he studies. But above all he must believe. He must believe in the strength of will, of purpose, of heart and soul. - David Gemmell

@Arlunydd                              Instagram

Just got started on GoT: A Clash of Kings audio. I know it doesn't count as reading, but it's what I do when my hands are busy and I want book. So, I'll take it, darn it!

Audiobooks still count!
  • Like 2

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

Just got started on GoT: A Clash of Kings audio. I know it doesn't count as reading, but it's what I do when my hands are busy and I want book. So, I'll take it, darn it!

Who said audio books don't count?!? If it wasn't for audiobooks and a 40 minute drive to work each way, I might never finish a novel!

Currently, I'm reading Beekeeping For All ... real riveting stuff! And, for the drive, I'm re-listening to the Harry Potter books.

• Like 2

Challenges: Current:Quilaho's L1 Challenge

Battle Log:Q's Warrior Path

BodySpace | MyFitnessPal

LinkedIn | TwitterFacebook

Please send me a message here at NF if you are going to send a request

LSAT for Dummies

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

Just finished The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It broke my heart.

Ditto.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Audiobooks still count!

Who said audio books don't count?!? If it wasn't for audiobooks and a 40 minute drive to work each way, I might never finish a novel!

Currently, I'm reading Beekeeping For All ... real riveting stuff! And, for the drive, I'm re-listening to the Harry Potter books.

Okay, don't feel so bad for it now. Glad to know I'm not the only one who relies on being read to from time to time :D

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

/ STR 1 / DEX 1.75 / STA 2 / CON 5 / WIS 4 / CHA 2 /

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

Picked up The Iron King by Maurice Druon after I saw articles comparing it to ASoIaF. Great stuff so far, but I'm ripping through it so fast that I'll be out of book long before I can swing by the bookstore for volume 2!

Don't you hate it when that happens!

That'S why I always buy a couple of books at a time :)

• Like 1

Okay, don't feel so bad for it now. Glad to know I'm not the only one who relies on being read to from time to time :D

Ha! Now we just have to convince dear old mom to read / record them and it will be just like we'er 6 again!

• Like 2

Challenges: Current:Quilaho's L1 Challenge

Battle Log:Q's Warrior Path

BodySpace | MyFitnessPal

LinkedIn | TwitterFacebook

Please send me a message here at NF if you are going to send a request

Fiction: GoT, Dance of Dragons, although I've lost interest in it and only pick it up when the wife has control of the TV remote.

Non-Fiction:  After reading and watching The Secret, I've been burning through some personal development, meta-physics books.  Master Key System by Charles Haanel (on the 5th lesson currently) and The Sience of Getting Rich  by Wallace Wattles. 

loved loved LOVED these books:  Hitchhiker's Guide, Dark Tower, and WoT (especially the ones Brandon Sanderson finished)

also enjoyed Terry Goodkind's SoT and Hunger Games (although I think they were poorly written)

• Like 1

Ha! Now we just have to convince dear old mom to read / record them and it will be just like we'er 6 again!

After my parents divorced and my dad moved to another state, he used to record himself reading kids books and send them to my brother and I. Then we would follow along in our copies of the books. Before we could even read. Best gifts ever. I loved those tapes. I thank my parents for giving me my love of reading.

• Like 6

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

/ STR 1 / DEX 1.75 / STA 2 / CON 5 / WIS 4 / CHA 2 /

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training