What's everyone reading?

I'm reading Without Remorse by Tom Clancy and The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan.

Eye of the world is a great read! the first book in an extremely long but wonderful series. The wheel of time is simply outstanding, and was completed by Brandon Sanderson (who consequently is my favorite author!) You're in for quite a ride!

•      Awful                                                          Not so good                                                                          Getting better                                                        Super Stud                                       He-Man                                  Artie Strongest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              man.... In The World
  • 61%
    61%
  • Valerius the level 2 Human

STR 3|DEX 3|CON 2|STA 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

Current challenge

•  
  • " If you think you can do a thing or you can't do a thing, you're right."
  • - Henry Ford

Convict Conditioning (Wade) and The Ethical Slut (Easton & Hardy).

"If you're not waking up in the morning and living your life like a ritual of creation or destruction or life or death or love or hate then you really are just dieing one minute at a time."

- Paul "Grimnir" Waggener of the Wolves of Vinland

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

[STR 6] [DEX 8] [STA 4] [CON 5] [WIS 4] [CHA 4]

Current Challenge: [05]

JJSOMMER.COM | Tumblr | Instagram

Quinte Outdoor Club Meet-Up Group [ON, Canada]

about to begin "The Pirate King" by R.A. Salvatore

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I actually just started The Wheel of Time series with The Eye of the World. It's pretty interesting so far. Kind of a LotR and GoT mix.

You're in for a long haul.  Totally worth it, IMO

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

You're in for a long haul.  Totally worth it, IMO

I'm not sure if I'll be in for the long haul. It's good but at this point it's kind of fluffy. They're just running constantly and there's not a lot of explanation. But it also doesn't have the character depth yet to make that okay, like GoT. There are topics in GoT that have never been answered, but the characters are engaging so you don't mind the loose ends.

• Like 1

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

I'm not sure if I'll be in for the long haul. It's good but at this point it's kind of fluffy. They're just running constantly and there's not a lot of explanation. But it also doesn't have the character depth yet to make that okay, like GoT. There are topics in GoT that have never been answered, but the characters are engaging so you don't mind the loose ends.

I absolutely loved the Wheel of Time Series, I believe the only downfall to it ends up being what you call the fluff. The only thing I dislike about Robert Jordan's writing style is that he over-describes things. Its really awesome for author's to go into intricate detail about some things, but I think Mr. Jordan went a little overboard with that some times.

•      Awful                                                          Not so good                                                                          Getting better                                                        Super Stud                                       He-Man                                  Artie Strongest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              man.... In The World
  • 61%
    61%

Current challenge

•  
  • - Henry Ford

Finished 4HWW. Picked up Wild Cards vol 1 and Mistborn at the used bookstore Saturday.

Mistborn is an incredible read by one of my all time favorite authors. definitely check out everything else BRandon Sanderson has written... with the exception maybe of elantris... I think that is the one book I've ever started to read, and just couldn't finish it. I'm a little bit odd like that. I feel guilty if I start a book and get more than a few pages in and don't finish it. I almost feel like I'm betraying the Characters by putting their lives on permanent pause.

• 61%
    61%

Current challenge

•  
  • - Henry Ford

I found that the last third of Elantris was great.  I had to start it three times before I got there.  But I agree with Valerius' assessment.  Read everything by Sanderson.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I found that the last third of Elantris was great.  I had to start it three times before I got there.  But I agree with Valerius' assessment.  Read everything by Sanderson.

Good to know -- definitely going on my New To Me list.

Looking forward to starting The Tao of Pooh tonight after work/ after school.

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

Since we're all talking books in this thread... Who's all on GoodReads?

I Am!

Look me up at heidilove

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace