What's everyone reading?

Book two of the Scavenger series by KJ Parker. I already read the Fencer and Engineer trilogies. That dude (gal?) Is twisted.

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.

Cold Days by Jim Butcher (Dresden Files) as well as re-reading Harry Potter and Hunger Games :3

Dresden files is one of my favorite series. I just found my copy of Fool Moon in a box in the basement yesterday. I had started re reading the series, I have to get back into it.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I'm currently working through Anna Karenina.  I love my "free Kindle books" binges.  Without that, I highly doubt I would have ever dabbled in as many classics as I have.

Oh, I love my free Kindle book binges too! If only I used them for something as worthwhile as classics! :P One that really was worth reading, though, was the Delver Magic series by Jeff Inlo - I got the first three free, they are still free a couple years later, and they were fantastic.

Just started "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn just to see what all the fuss is about.

I started and though, "Oh, this is well written, how nice" but didn't get the fuss. Then I got through it, and felt all kinds of topsy-turvy by the end. Loved it. A friend said her other books weren't nearly as good, but Gone Girl was definitely an interesting read.

Just started Anna Karenina, and it's living up to the hype. I wonder if it will keep me spellbound for the 700+ pages I have left, though. 

I had to read that for school, and I remember that being one of the books I actually enjoyed. Although, I"m starting to wonder if I just have a thing for Russian lit, since I love Dostoevsky.... should explore that.

I'm currently reading Taste What You're Missing by Barb Stuckey, and it's making me all kinds of happy with the information I'm learning. It was in my "read and give away pile", but a few chapters in and I'm sure that I'm keeping it. So much good information about how you taste food! Also reading The Glassblower by Petra Durst-Benning - just started that tonight, so not much to say yet.

• Like 1

Current Challenge #39 - 15.02.23  |  Challenges: #38, #29  |  Fitocracy: redtomato501

Delver Magic, huh? I may have to look that up. Sounds fantasy-like, which could make me all manner of happy if it's still free.

It is definitely fantasy-like, it's long books (~450 pages?), and the first three books are free (at least in the US for Kindle) as of when I double-checked right before posting about it! They've been free since I "bought" them in 2012 - it's books 4-8 that aren't free (but only 99 cents each, so...)

Current Challenge #39 - 15.02.23  |  Challenges: #38, #29  |  Fitocracy: redtomato501

There's hype? What sort of hype?

Anna Karenina is considered by many to be the best novel ever written, period. That's the hype to which I am referring.

Spockgrrl

Level 2 - Amazon - Aspiring Ranger

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 5|CHA 4

"The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads | MyFitnessPal

Anna Karenina is considered by many to be the best novel ever written, period. That's the hype to which I am referring.

Really? I mean, it's good, but that's a bold statement. Granted, I very rarely label things "best" or "worst"; I'm skeptical about those kinds of assertions. What's your take on it?

Battle Log

Lifetime Training Goals

2017 Goals

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Finished atlas shrugged, now onto daring greatly by brene brown

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me

Race Orc (if I am to be honest, that or giant blob), Level 2, Attributes str 5, dex 1, stam 1, con 2, wis 3, cha 3

I just finished Every Dead Thing by John Connolly, and a little bit before that Ticker by Lisa Mantchev. The latter is a steampunk-mystery-action sort of novel with quite a bit of cliche in it, but a good read.

I'm trying to read Synapse by Erika Price, but oh so many typos keep pulling me out of it.

There are plenty of books I started a while ago but have yet to finish: House of Leaves, "S." by Doug Dorst/JJ Abrams, Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, plenty others I've forgotten.

Level 0 Vampire

Battle Log :: MFP :: Tumblr

'The Emperor's Blades' by Brian Staveley - about 80% through - story is interesting and overall a good effort for his first book. Some of the characters are a bit one-dimensional and can be unbelievable at times but aside from that no dramas.

'Traitor's Blades' by Sebastien de Castell - finished this a month ago - think swashbuckling adventure. Not a brilliant book, but a fun read and I will be reading the next one.

Race - Human

Class - Jedi / Sentinel Level - 4 / 0.5
Battle Log: Holo-Log

Current Challenge: Nil

Thanks to @SpecialSundee for the loan...I will now be reading Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe :)

• Like 2

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads 

Just got Code Zero the latest in Jonathan Maberry's Joe Ledger series

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

Due to activities at the weekend I decided to take a smaller book than SS so currently reading 59 seconds: Think a little change a lot by Richard Wiseman. Its the self help book that beats self help books into submission :)

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads