What's everyone reading?

I'm currently reading Emperor of thorns, the last book in the Broken Empire triology by Mark Lawrence.

I'm also reading these series Horus Heresy(several authors), The Gentleman Bastard series by Scott Lynch, Asoiaf by George RR M and Lightbringer by Brent Weeks. Can't want for book 4 in the Lightbringer series and the next asoiaf book.

I'm currently reading Emperor of thorns, the last book in the Broken Empire triology by Mark Lawrence.

The Gentleman Bastard series by Scott Lynch,

Both good series.

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.

Daniel Pinkwater is awesome! One of my favourite books when I was a kid was The Snark out boys and the Avocado of Death. It's about these kids who sneak out to watch midnight movies at a local theatre. Adventure ensues...

You have good taste. :-) His stuff's not just for kids, either; the more you know about art, B-movies, and odd music, the more enjoyable the book is.  You keep finding little in-jokes and bizarro situations.  It also helps to know a little Yiddish.

• Like 1

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Just finished Paper Towns by John Green. Absolutely excellent.

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

I just finished reading All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.

It was so beautiful and funny and heart wrenching and I spent a good ten minutes staring at my ceiling when I was done. I even read every acknowledgement and editor's note at the end because I couldn't bring myself to close the book. I feel all hollow and gutted now. Anyone else get like that after finishing a really good book? 

Challenge | Twitter: @jarnold427 | Obsession

New Goal Progress

0%
0%

Start: 190   |   Goal: 175

Goal Achieved!!!

100%
100%

Start: 225   |   Goal: 190

Battle Log: Operation Avenger

I just finished the scorch trials by James Dashner (I think?) - still so many unanswered questions that I'll have to read the third book but I'm very frustrated by the lack of knowing what's going on.

I don't know which of my bought books to read next but I'm thinking maybe I'll read The colour of magic and see what Terry Pratchett is all about.

TKDgirl Level 3 amazon

STR 7 DEX 0 STA 7 CON 10 WIS 6 CHA 3

Challenges: 1 2, current

20 good form push ups

45%
45%

I'm currently reading Nick Cave's "The Death of Bunny Munro". His debut "And the Ass Saw the Angel" is absolutely epic, and one I'll go back to time and time again.

Also re-read every couple of years is "The Long Walk" by Stephen King, writing as Richard Bachman. First read it when I was 15, as part of the Bachman Books anthology.

If I feel like some fun, light reading, anything by Mike Gayle. He writes from an everyman point of view so well, particularly on the male psyche, aging and relationships.

~~ VALHALLA, I AM COMING! ~~

Season 1 (2015): #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Season 2 (2016): #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12  #13 #14 #15 

Season 3 (2017): #16 #17 #18 

Newly finished:

• The Art of Learning:  fascinating tale of growth and performance psychology
  • Antifragile - Things that gain from disorder: Author raises some interesting points but his disliks for geeks and nerds put me off quite a bit.

Currently reading:

• Living on a budget: reread of a book about basic budgeting
  • Continous Delivery: one of the "classics" for my kind of work
There is one rule, above all others, ... Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

Robert Jordan, The Great Hunt

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR:4 | DEX:2.5 | STA:5 | CON:3 | WIS:5 | CHA:3

Daily Grind

Story of a Ranger: 1st chapter, 2nd chapter, 3rd chapter, 4th chapter

Just finished: 

The tedious and pointless "pilgrimage" of some dude who likes train stations* - by Haruki Murakami  (1/5)

Likeable Average Guy Gets Stuck on Mars with Nothing but Science and a Sense of Humor* - by Andy Weir (4/5)

Currently reading:

Walkind Dead Minus Zombies* by Emily St John Mandel.  (5/5)

*titles may be changed for dramatic effect. 

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

I usually have loads of books on the go because I read very quickly but here's a selection:

Recently finished: 

'I, Lucifer' by Glen Duncan (read this so many times the pages are falling out) 

'The Silmarillon' by J.R.R Tolkein (really didn't like it)

'Extras' by Scott Westerfield (last in the Uglies/Pretties/Specials/Extras...  Quadrilogy? Tetralogy? Agk it's last in a series of four books anyway) 

Currently Reading: 

'Love, Tanya' by Tanya Burr

'The Gaudi Key' by M. Esteban and A. Carranza

'The Blood of Olympus' by Rick Riordan

Up next:

'Rubbernecker' by Belinda Bauer

'The Immaculate Heart' by Andrew Raymond Drennan (who works at my local Waterstones and I had the awkward moment of actually buying the book from him without realising) 

Some other Favourites: 

The 'Newsflesh' trilogy by Mira Grant 

'Pompeii' by Robert Harris 

Orc. Training with the Adventurers, aiming for a Ranger.
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

"Train like it means everything when it means nothing - so you can fight like it's nothing when it means everything" - Andy McNab 

current challenge

I've been on a rereading some old books that I loved years ago.

Last month was - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Now onto - Dune.

Those are two of my favorites! When I was living in Alameda two summers ago, I found all six original Dune books at a used bookshop, so now I own the collection [emoji4]

• Like 1

Battle Log

Lifetime Training Goals

2017 Goals

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Those are two of my favorites! When I was living in Alameda two summers ago, I found all six original Dune books at a used bookshop, so now I own the collection [emoji4]

I only have two of the books, for some reason I found it difficult to get into the second one, i'm going to try again after reading Dune. There is a great documentary about  Alejandro Jodorowskys attempt to make a Dune movie  called Jodorowsky's Dune. The artwork by Giger (and all the team) was amazing and possibly paved the way for Alien and other sci-fi movies. The storyboard book they created with Moebius was awesome.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1935156/

CohenTheBarbarian Level 1

STR 4 | DEX 0 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Current Challenge