What's everyone reading?

Currently reading:

The name of the wind by Patrick Rothfuss

Conquerer by Conn Iggulden

• Like 1

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

I have just finished reading The Midnight Watch, a story about the Titanic and Californian. I highly recommend it. 

Now I need to find another book to start...

~*~  Cazamoline  ~*~

Adventurer  ~~ Level: 0

==================

STR: 0               DEX: 0

STA: 0               CON: 0

WIS: 0               CHA: 0

"You can start late, look different, be uncertain and still succeed" - Misty Copeland.

Character Profile

On 20.5.2016 at 7:17 PM, Shakeel_R said:

Currently reading:

The name of the wind by Patrick Rothfuss

On 20.5.2016 at 2:52 AM, erosan said:

Just started the name of the wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, because that is what I had handy... Boy it is good.

Somehow this is just hilarious! :D:D

I'm inclined to ask if they have any similarities?

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Somehow this is just hilarious! [emoji3][emoji3]

hahaha sorry to dissapoint… it was a subconscious slip… the name of the book is the SHADOW of the wind (I think I typed the name due to just having read the other title) [emoji14]

this "message" was brought to you through the ether using ero san's arcane magics (and a cellphone)

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

7 minutes ago, erosan said:

hahaha sorry to dissapoint… it was a subconscious slip… the name of the book is the SHADOW of the wind (I think I typed the name due to just having read the other title) emoji14.png

this "message" was brought to you through the ether using ero san's arcane magics (and a cellphone)

D'aww :( ...

;) It's no problem. :D:D

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

On 22 May 2016 at 5:48 PM, Fearkiller said:

Somehow this is just hilarious! :D:D

Not at all. But the book is quite awesome. When I started it, it was on spot 12421432432432 on my list of favourite books. Now I am half way through and it moved up to 9. (Seriously) Starts of major slow. But I would recommend it. 

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

6 hours ago, Shakeel_R said:

Not at all. But the book is quite awesome. When I started it, it was on spot 12421432432432 on my list of favourite books. Now I am half way through and it moved up to 9. (Seriously) Starts of major slow. But I would recommend it. 

I know. I've read it. :P

1 hour ago, Fearkiller said:

I know. I've read it. :P

No spoilers! Or I'll send Kvothe to you :P Or Bast. 

• Like 1

I'm reading The Disappeared by Kristine Kathryn Rusch; it is a sf mystery. Great book so far, but then she's a great author.

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

On June 14, 2016 at 3:36 AM, Bearded_Dragon said:

Finally getting around to reading Ready Player One

How are you liking it? I could not leave the house over the weekend that I read it. 

I've just started The Martian, but I'm also poking around a big book of sci-fi quotations, aptly titled "Science Fiction Quotations."

"Progress is a tension between the notion of perfection and the notion that striving, not finding, is important." - Zebrowski

My pet project shirt store: Grabthar's Hamper 

13 hours ago, Alice_In_Hell said:

How are you liking it? I could not leave the house over the weekend that I read it. 

I've just started The Martian, but I'm also poking around a big book of sci-fi quotations, aptly titled "Science Fiction Quotations."

I really enjoyed it, finished this weekend by reading the last half in one sitting (lots of tea!) - it was super enjoyable and I liked that he actually had a lot of different dimensions to it (it wasn't just a geek novel, it wasn't just a dystopian future novel), so yeah, definitely a recommended read!

I loved The Martian, the attention to detail is splendid and the humour is excellent. Hope you enjoy as much as I did!

How the hell did they come up with the title of Science Fiction Quotations? Talk about obscure!

I'm currently reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I started watching the show and loved it, so now it's book time!  My "To Read" pile is huge though, so hopefully I can get through this one soon so I can get to other books!

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. - Gail Devers

Current challenge: New Game

Previous challenges: 2017 Challenges: Strategy 2Strategy 1 | 1-3 1-2 | 1-1 | Reset
2016 Challenges: 432 | 1 | .5

I just finished the trilogy by Diana Wynne Jones made up of Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Air, and House of Many Ways.

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

On 2016. 05. 19. at 0:11 AM, mightstone2k said:

Just started War and Peace. By the time I finish it, Winds of Winter should be out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you like War and Peace? That is one of my favorite book, even though I don't remember the exact story just the impression and feelings I had while/after reading it. 

For what it’s worth: It’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over. – F. Scott Fitzgerald

Current challenge, Previous challenges: 32, 1