What's everyone reading?

I am about to start China Mieville's Kraken. It's my first novel from him, so I am very eager!

Level 1 Hobbit Adventurer Looking to Become an Assassin with Some Druid and Monk capabilities

Current Stats: (STR) 1 || (DEX) 1 || (STA) 1 || (CON) 2 || (WIS) 4 || (CHA) 6

Just started House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski.

As a high school English teacher, it's tough to find time during the school year to read for fun / me, but with summer starting next week, I'm both attacking the backlog and looking for new recommendations of stuff to read!

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

We were still lambing in May so a light reading month:

Beginning Database Design             Clare Churcher
Tales from the White Hart                 Arthur C. Clarke
Android Developers Cookbook         James Steele & Nelson To

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

Just bought the new Dan Brown book. I know he's just pulp, but I can't wait to start. Only 5 more days until summer break and I get to catch up on my movies and books!

Fitness/Motivation Level Up Blog: IronEdutainer

twitter: https://twitter.com/pjr_ilstu

fitocracy: https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/pjrilstu/

My ScienceCom website and video channels.

"He who lives on hope, will die fasting" - Ben Franklin

We were still lambing in May so a light reading month:

Beginning Database Design             Clare Churcher

Tales from the White Hart                 Arthur C. Clarke

Android Developers Cookbook         James Steele & Nelson To

Light reading huh? I'd hate to see a heavy month! :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Currently reading Dan Brown's Inferno, i loved his other books and so far this does not disappoint.

next up

the spy who haunted me by simon r green

God is not great by Christopher hitchens

the other hitchhikers guide books

Level 3 Half Giant Assassin

STR-7 DEX-2 STA-5 CON-2 WIS-4 CHA-3

“We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art.†― Takashi Murakami 

73%
73%

The Road to 210lb, Currently at 218lb

Can't wait to get my hands on The Ocean by the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. Ordered it yesterday.

Currently I'm reading M is for Magic by the same author and Imagine Nation: The American Counterculture of the 1960's and 70's :)

Summer is for reading! I'm doing a little time travel, revisiting two series I haven't touched in years. First is Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban. In the car, I'm listening to Brian Jacque's full cast reading of Salamandastron. I had most of his novels growing up and I'm still a HUGE fan of most things Redwall. Salamandastron was the first book I read of the series and this is really taking me back!

"You're not in it to get Most [Recognized Rebel Ever]. You're not in it to be eligible for prizes. You're in this because you made a promise to yourself and you refuse to let you down. Walk the talk. And even when you don't talk much, make the walk so powerful that it leaves no room for questions - from inside or out." -note to self Str7.5 Dex6 Sta5.7 Con11.8 Wis10.4 Cha2 Intro post~Challenge 1~Challenge 2~Challenge 3~Challenge 4~Battle Log 1 Ranger Level 3

Recently start reading The Prodigal Mage by Karen Miller, and I'm about to sink my teeth into Nocturne by James Attlee, something which I've been meaning to read for a long time.

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

I'm slogging through Storm of Swords, George R.R. Martin's thrid piece of the Song of Ice and Fire. I started it about a month before Game of Thrones season three aired, in hopes of getting through it... but now the season hath ended, and I'm just about to the Red Wedding in the book...

Oh well, slow reading the past few months  :onthego:

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Recently finished Adam Hochschild's To End All Wars, which is a decent read if you're interested in social history/class issues in the Commonwealth during WWI.  Had a bit of a "Great War for Dummies" feel in the first couple of chapters though, which I thought was weird (he had the same kind of thing in the intro to King Leopold's Ghost, but it makes more sense to assume that an English-speaking audience isn't familiar with Belgian/Congolese history - who in the English-speaking world doesn't know the basics about WWI though?).

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

I just finished The Winter King by Bernard Cornwell.  It is a retelling of King Arthur from a historical fiction POV.  It was an entertaining read with top notch battle scenes if anyone likes well done fight scenes (not really my cup of tea).

I'm about halfway through Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy and I recently started Hyperion by Dan Simmons.  Anna Karenina is a very slow read and is easily my least favorite Russian novel I have ever read.  Hyperion has been... very intriguing so far with some very disturbing moments.  Interesting, but disturbing.

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.~ Steve Jobs

book 2 of The Mongoliad series

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

Currently reading 'Pigeon English' by Stephen Kelman. I picked it up for a coupon I still had around. It's mainly the title (and that the main character is from Ghana) which caused me to buy it, but it's been a very disappointing read. Because it's short (and because I don't like giving up on books) I'll finish it...but I can't wait to start on my next, hopefully better, read.

That's going to be 'In and out of step' (Christine M. Knight) which I won in a giveaway, so once again, not necessarily something I would have picked up normally.. So I wonder if it'll be good, it sounds promising, though :)

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors