What's everyone reading?

Right now I'm reading:

*Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl 

*The Red Tent by Anita Diamant 

*Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery

The Red Tent was one of those books I always saw in the store but never bought until last year. And wow. It was incredible. I also really like the idea of taking a story from the Bible that's really kind of glossed over and expanding it. The attention to detail was incredible, from their food to how they lived. Awesome book. Enjoy!

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

I haven't found a new book in a few months.  I will have to look into a few of the ones posted here.  I am currently re-reading The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

still working on The Dragon Reborn in the Wheel of Time series. Also listening to A Storm of Swords in the Song of Ice and Fire. so long and good but make me angry when people die!

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

still working on The Dragon Reborn in the Wheel of Time series. Also listening to A Storm of Swords in the Song of Ice and Fire. so long and good but make me angry when people die!

WoT is a favorite.  I had a tradition of re-reading the series when the new books came out, starting with The Shadow Rising.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

The Red Tent was one of those books I always saw in the store but never bought until last year. And wow. It was incredible. I also really like the idea of taking a story from the Bible that's really kind of glossed over and expanding it. The attention to detail was incredible, from their food to how they lived. Awesome book. Enjoy!

Yes, I'm really enjoying it! It was recommended to me by someone I met in Doula training, and I'm glad I picked it up

Just finished: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. Holy fuck, that book was awesome. And also lit a fire to delve into islam, afghanistan history, hijabs, burqas, etc.

Currently reading: The Hobbitt!! I saw the first movie. Read the book in 7th grade. Now I'm reading it again before the next movie comes out!

To read: Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone. Another re-read, just because I watched the movies recently and forgot how awesome they are. And forgot how many details I missed.

Also to read: And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini. I might as well read all his books because I loved The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. But it wasn't at the library last night :(

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

I am reading ''shadow of night'' by deborah harness I plan to finish it this week to have time to read ''shadow moon'' (not related to the previous one), a book that is supposed to be the next story of ''Willow'' writen by george lucas, I hope to finish it before mid-octomber to start '' no meat athlete'' when it will arrive in the mail. 

Also I am reading ''the hobbit'' two or tree pages at the time to my son as bed-time story (got the idea while watching one of ''supernatural'' episode last year :) 

also have ''born to run'' as audio book that I listent to while I am you know... running :) 

Mathieu *Gamer Unleashed*,
Level 4 Hobit scout
STR 8|DEX 5|STA 7|CON 6|WIS 7|CHA 4

Just finished Sugar Nation by Jeff O'Connell - scary that instead of trying to head off diabetes with appropriate diet and exercise, the ADA and medical establishment keep pushing the high carb diet along with drugs. In reference to exercise, I loved the line that people should have a doctor's permission NOT to exercise.

Listening to Salt, Sugar, Fat by Michael Moss - how the food industry has made processed food super convenient and super unhealthy. Based on other reading, I think this author underplays the severe health consequences of sugar in the diet in terms of heart disease related to insulin resistance and overstates the impact of saturated fat. Nonetheless, processed food has become a nasty prospect and it is worrisome that so many in the world rely upon it as a source of cheap food.

M2M

- Do something everyday!

First challenge: Avoiding the Demons of Autumn

I am reading ''shadow of night'' by deborah harness I plan to finish it this week to have time to read ''shadow moon'' (not related to the previous one), a book that is supposed to be the next story of ''Willow'' writen by george lucas, I hope to finish it before mid-octomber to start '' no meat athlete'' when it will arrive in the mail. 

Also I am reading ''the hobbit'' two or tree pages at the time to my son as bed-time story (got the idea while watching one of ''supernatural'' episode last year :)

also have ''born to run'' as audio book that I listent to while I am you know... running :)

How are you liking Shadow of Night?  I loved the first book, A Discovery of Witches, but was less in love with Shadow.  I am still really looking forward to the third book to find out what happens.

M2M

- Do something everyday!

First challenge: Avoiding the Demons of Autumn

How are you liking Shadow of Night?  I loved the first book, A Discovery of Witches, but was less in love with Shadow.  I am still really looking forward to the third book to find out what happens.

I think that the reading is slower. the first book had more ''scientific inside'' with genetic and all, the second one is more ''historic'' the pace is a lot different I haven't finished it yet so may be the last few chapiters will have some action, but so far I have liked the first one a lot more. But biology and genetic are a lot more interresting to me than history.  

Mathieu *Gamer Unleashed*,
Level 4 Hobit scout
STR 8|DEX 5|STA 7|CON 6|WIS 7|CHA 4