What's everyone reading?

I just picked up Wolves of the Calla.  I read the first four Dark Tower novels in high school before he took his big hiatus on 'em, and it's time I went back and finished the things.

I'm very glad he had a five page summary of the first four books and their important bits, because I swear I had forgotten so much.

LEVEL 1 Half-Elf Adventurer"Play your part well, for there all honor lies".STG:2 DEX:2STA:3 CON:3WIS:1 CHA:4Fitocracy!

I'm currently reading House of Chains by Stephen Erikson, book 4 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen series.  The books are dense but good reads.  TONNES of characters and story arcs that cross and meander about. 

This is basically my favourite series everrrr. FINALLY letting myself reread them again. The only other thing I can't help but let myself get THIS sucked into is Diablo 2 LoD. It's seriously a good thing I never got into drugs ehehehe

So yeah, just re-started on Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson!

Challenge 1 (incomplete)

Current Challenge

Where I am has nothing to do with where I will be.

I'm currently re-reading "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life" by Donald Miller. Fairly inspirational stuff. A couch potato author gets into the Tour de France and decides that he wants to bike across the country, all while making a movie about his life. Crazy, but it sort of challenges the notion that you can't change your life or do radical things. However, it is definitely a realist piece of literature. He's brutally honest about his shortcomings and the story doesn't play out like you think it will.

I'm re-reading Peter S Beagle's The Innkeeper's Song.  It's been about 15 years since I last read it, and it's interesting to see how I'd misremembered the main plot, and how I feel differently about the characters now.

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

I'm currently finishing up The Scar (China Mieville), and enjoying it - it was a recommendation from the intern in our office, and while it took me a little time to get used to his style, I find I'm really enjoying his work. Though I think of the two I've read recently, I much preferred Perdido Street Station.

I started Emergency: This Book Will Save Your Life (Neil Strauss) last night before I went to bed - seems like an entertaining read.

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA:

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then, the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle." - Phillips Brooks

I've been a die hard Potterhead and historical fiction/fantasy nerd for years but I'm only just getting around to reading the LotR trilogy+The Hobbit + The Silmarillion and all 7 of the A Song of Ice and Fire books. I've in the middle of a book called Roma Victrix which is the sequel to a book called Gladiatrix by Russell Whitfield. I have a huge pile of books in my room (that is the same size as my 'already read' pile) that I have bought but have yet to read. I'm looking forward to reading all of these books! I think nerd is an understatement when it comes to me and reading.

Level 2 Gladiatrix-in-Training

Spartan Warrior 

STR 8; DEX 4; STA 4.75; CON 5; WIS 2.75; CHA 4.5

"A man must accept his fate, or be destroyed by it."

"Do or do not, there is no try."

I'm reading The Vorkosaigan Alliance by Bujould, just started it last night. I just finished the John Scalzi super bundle that was in the last Humble Bundle we downloaded. Before that was the Mongoliad: Part 3. We tend to like Scifi/Fantasy/Cyberpunk in my house :)

Human Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 2 | Sta:2 | Con:3 | Wis:3 | Cha:2

I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me smile or make me frown...

I finished a few days back The Art of Happiness by his Holiness the 14th Dalaï Lama :) a most inspiring book.

I still got a few books to read from Jack Whyte's King Arthur series :P

i'm kinda in a dry spell bookwise right now, no more funds (i'm a student) and in the middle of the exams so no time Xo

Otherwise i'm constantly reading, I love to read :D

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

- Drizzt's saga, from R.A Salvatore (best fantasy author in the world ever :) no, I'm not a fanboy :))

I'm currently reading it (again) because for the first time, he's coming to France this summer !!!!!!

Ten years after my message on his forum, begging him to come...

Also currently have on my night table :

- Neuromancer - William Gibson

Saiyan in preparation - level 1 : http://streetworkout-france.fr/?p=1230

Drow Monk-Assassin

Intro post

My Battle log

I'm currently reading "A tale for the time being" ('time being' being a noun in this case) by Ruth Ozeki. 

So far it's been really good, although it does describe some things in a rather gritty way. I'm about 3/4 into the book now and I'm not sure whether I want to take my time or finish it asap. It's a really intriguing read but I am looking forward to something a bit happier by now... Really wonder how it'll end :)

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15811545-a-tale-for-the-time-being

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

Tarmac: Iron Council is good too.  Worth a couple of reads, as his stuff all is.

I'm on Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian (because the Irathients in Defiance are clearly wardrobed as a "legion of horribles").  I'm not sure I have words to adequately describe it. Perhaps: "The man picked up the book and read a paragraph. Then he read it again. He put the book down hard, like it might get up and bite if it wasn't taught its place.  Five minutes later, he picked it up again."

Finished up 1984 and A Feast for Crows last week. 10% into A Dance with Dragons this week. Probably revisit all of the Ender's Series next. 

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Lifting Goals: Squats - 545 | Bench - 410 | Deads - 585 

I've been a die hard Potterhead and historical fiction/fantasy nerd for years but I'm only just getting around to reading the LotR trilogy+The Hobbit + The Silmarillion and all 7 of the A Song of Ice and Fire books. I've in the middle of a book called Roma Victrix which is the sequel to a book called Gladiatrix by Russell Whitfield. I have a huge pile of books in my room (that is the same size as my 'already read' pile) that I have bought but have yet to read. I'm looking forward to reading all of these books! I think nerd is an understatement when it comes to me and reading.

Just saw your post. Unfortunately book six and seven of A Song of Ice and Fire aren't finished yet. Six should be out in the next couple of years and we are all hoping Martin doesn't die before he finishes the seventh book. Its also a possibility there could be an eighth.

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Lifting Goals: Squats - 545 | Bench - 410 | Deads - 585 

Currently reading a big stack of manga that I checked out from the library. Some titles include:

-Is This a Zombie?

-Full Moon O Sagashite

-Absolute Boyfriend

-Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends

-And several others that I am waiting for....

I'm also finishing up "The World Until Yesterday" by Jared Diamond and a Donald Miller novel that a friend loaned me a few weeks ago.

Just read Divergent by Veronica Roth. I like! Definitely tamer (not as bloodthirsty) as the Hunger Games arena-survival premise but just as intelligent and well-written. Only thing I was slightly unhappy w/has to do w/the protagonist's parents... Might try to read the other books in the trilogy, for sure.

"You're not in it to get Most [Recognized Rebel Ever]. You're not in it to be eligible for prizes. You're in this because you made a promise to yourself and you refuse to let you down. Walk the talk. And even when you don't talk much, make the walk so powerful that it leaves no room for questions - from inside or out." -note to self Str7.5 Dex6 Sta5.7 Con11.8 Wis10.4 Cha2 Intro post~Challenge 1~Challenge 2~Challenge 3~Challenge 4~Battle Log 1 Ranger Level 3

Re-reading the Harry Potter books, I've read them in this order [don't ask me why!]: 5th, 6th, 7th, 1st, 2nd, currently on 3rd.

I'll have to read The Silmarillion and re-read the Lord of the Rings sometime soon. Those will be the next books I read. Or maybe I should read Solzhenitsyn first. (One day in the life of Ivan Denisovich)

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

April was a slow reading month, we've been busy with lambing.

Design it Yourself Clothes  by Cal Patch
Weaving you can Wear by Jean Wilson & Jan Burhen

Also started a bunch of books in April but not done with any of them yet. 

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

Rereading "The Founding" the first Gautns Ghosts Omnibus and "Nie wieder Chaos!" (Never agian chaos!).

First is a Warhammer40k book the second a self help guide to keeping your flat clean and organzied

There is one rule, above all others, ... Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

Robert Jordan, The Great Hunt

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR:4 | DEX:2.5 | STA:5 | CON:3 | WIS:5 | CHA:3

Daily Grind

Story of a Ranger: 1st chapter, 2nd chapter, 3rd chapter, 4th chapter

Getting back into reading. Read Ender's Game when it was part of the Book Club's challenge and I enjoyed it. Yesterday, after saving $ for a month (being unemployed sucks), I bought The Joy of X by Steven Strogatz. So far, me and my sisters like it. x)

Adventurer | Level 1

CON: 0 | STR: 0 | STA: 0 | DEX: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

On Hiatus

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life — It goes on" -- Robert Frost

Carpe Jugulum - Terry Pratchett :)

Oh how I love that book. Excellent choice!

I'm reading "The Apex Book of World SF" edited by Lavie Tidhar. Brilliant anthology of international fantasy and science fiction.

Trying to start "The Shining Girls" by Lauren Beukes.

Level 1 - Adventurer (Cthulhu in dusguise, but don't mind me)

STR: 2 І DEX: 1 І STA: 1 І CON: 2 І WIS: 5 І CHA: 4

Be mindful of your Self-Talk. It's a conversation with the universe.