What's everyone reading?

I just finished reading:

The New Destroyer: Dead Reckoning <--Favorite book series!!!

The Fall <--Will start the third and final book soon probably

I am reading:

Chicken Soup for the Soul: What I learned from the Cat: 101 Stories about Life, Love, and Lessons <--a story here and there, kind of like when I read World War Z; short stories are perfect for before bed.

I am going to start reading:

Homer's Odyssey: A Fearless Feline Tale, or How I learned about Love and Life with a Blind Wonder Cat <--one of my best friends is also a cat lover, and has given me many cat novels, LOL!

[Deleted]

About halfway through Looking for Alaska by John Green.

• Like 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

yay! Books!

I am reading The Story of the Human Body by Daniel L Lieberman. as my nonfiction choice. Incredibly interesting, and I'm sure not unknown to people on this site.

and I am about to start Theft of Swords by Michael J Sullivan as my fiction choice. I know this has been out for a few years, but I've just discovered this author after I recently read his prequel work to this saga, The Crown Tower.

Jessi

A work in progress. Daily trying to chisel out the best version of myself.

Just started Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson.  Liking it so far.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I've finally made a proper start to the Wheel of Time series after a few failed attempts. Enjoying it so far, I'm just glad I didn't properly pick this up during term time, or my uni work may have suffered some more...

Just started Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson.  Liking it so far.  

That's definitely on my to-read list. First I was waiting for it to come out, and now I'm waiting until I have a little more spare cash (the library around here can't get it in).

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Ruins of Gorlan - Ranger's Apprentice Book One

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

Just finished:

Leviathan Wakes, Caliban's War, and Abbadon's Gate; all by James S.A. Corey and part of his Expanse series. Great reads! Had me hooked for most of the past week.

Starting:

The Mote in God's Eye - Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle

Raevn

Level 2 Wood Elf Assassin

Challenges 1 | 2

“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard.†- John F. Kennedy

I got into this massive trilogy beginning with The Reality Dysfunction. Finished that, tore through the Neutronium Alchemist, and I'm 8% of the way through The Naked God.

I gotta say, this writing has really really taken me in. The characters are so damn real! And totally dynamic. No flat liners at all. With 1500 pages to go, I'm actually looking forward to jury duty next week!

Then I think I'll go back to book II in the Long Earth series.

Sent from an alternate universe using Alien tech.

----

Don't Chew what you should Eschew!

Oooo, please let me know how American Gods is. Think I might put that next on my list.

Damn good. My favorite of his for sure.

It's been many many years since I've read 'The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul' by Douglas Adams, but I think I will read it again now, as Gaiman seems to have borrowed his predecessor's theme and I'm curious to go back and compare.

Sent from an alternate universe using Alien tech.

----

Don't Chew what you should Eschew!

I got into this massive trilogy beginning with The Reality Dysfunction. Finished that, tore through the Neutronium Alchemist, and I'm 8% of the way through The Naked God. I gotta say, this writing has really really taken me in. The characters are so damn real! And totally dynamic. No flat liners at all. With 1500 pages to go, I'm actually looking forward to jury duty next week! Then I think I'll go back to book II in the Long Earth series. Sent from an alternate universe using Alien tech.

I read those books a few years ago, really enjoyed them! The only thing I didn't like was the way every thing got wrapped up in The Naked God.

Raevn

Level 2 Wood Elf Assassin

Challenges 1 | 2

“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard.†- John F. Kennedy

Mark Rippetoe - Practical Programming for Strength Training
Mark Levin - Ameritopia

Robert Kaplan - The Revenge of Geography: What the Map Tells Us About Coming Conflicts and the Battle Against Fate

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

• Your Last Diet by Kathleen DeMaisons (for dealing with sugar addiction)
  • A Crown of Swords by Robert Jordan (Book 7 in the Wheel of Time Series)
  • Meditations from the Mat by Rolf Gates and Katerina Kenison (Daily Meditations based on the 8 limbed path outlined in the Yoga Sutras)

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Oh! And for "Books on Tape" I just finished:

DC Comics: Crisis on Infinite Earths <--a few spots got me really emotional!

its such a great story, but it was so long and all over the place

Lvl 3 Half-Orc Warrior Assasin

Male, Age: 30

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 5- CON 2 - WIS 4  - CHA 3

Intro Post --- Current Challenge

"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try" Jedi Master Yoda

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

Reamde, Stephenson

&Heidi

Spoiler

Steven Pressfield's "The War of Art"

Never fails to get me off my ass and doing SOMETHING, ANYTHING.

"Strong in purpose and strong in action; strong within and strong without; strong against foes that are seen and strong against foes that are unseen; all the way up and all the way down, all the way around and all the way through; first, last and always—strong!"