What's everyone reading?

I want to thank you all for your posts on this thread.  I have been checking out a lot of books from the posts here.  Just requested American Gods and I should have it in this weekend.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I usually have 2 or more books going at once, one audio and one print.

Right now the audiobook is "Stories", edited by Neil Gaiman.  Great collection of short stories, some realistic, some fantastical, some SF.

Print is "The Merchant's War" by Charles Stross.  It's the fourth book in his "Merchant Princes" series.  The whole series is great stuff; not his best work, to be sure, but cracking good all the same.  Stross has a thing for economics and historical politics, and he's very good at making them both interesting and funny.

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Currently reading "The Paradise War" by Stephen R. Lawhead, "The Fight for Jerusalem" by Dore Gold and "The DNA of Relationships" by Gary Smalley

Vasilis, level 3

Lycan, Ranger

STR |5.5| DEX|4| STA|4| CON|6| WIS|5| CHA|0|

Previous Challenge: Level 1 RebelRangersRangersMonks Current Challenge: Monks

Track Calories with MyFitnessPal (4.5% per comp)

9%
9%

MOSSA Power and Fight (5% per comp)

0%
0%

No Soda (4% per comp)

8%
8%

Bed by 10:30 awake by 6:30 (2.25% per each per comp)

0%
0%

I'm almost done with A Dance with Dragons, and it's dragged on and on...so I looked up spoilers to motivate me to finish. It didn't work. I mean, I'll still finish, but now that I know about all the cliffhangers, I'm more annoyed that The Winds of Winter has no release date.

After that will be Los Juegos del Hambre, but it won't get here until later in the month, so I might need a short in-between.

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Reading NASM Essentials of Sports Performance Training. Spoilers: Periodization is a very effective training method for performance enhancement.

bwhahahahaha :)

good to know :D *Goes to Google periodization*

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

At the moment reading Last Argument of Kings by Joe Abercrombie - While I enjoyed the first two books in the First Law trilogy, this one is the best of the three IMO in terms of pacing and drama. It feels like with this third book Abercrombie has really hit his stride with his writing style - very exciting and engaging, and though I'm only two-thirds of the way through, there have already been more 'wow, awesome!' moments for me in this book so far than both of the previous books combined.

I'm trying to finish Geekomancy. It's cute, very easy read, and chalk full of geeky references from Firefly to Farscape to Star Wars!

• Like 2

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

I'm trying to finish Geekomancy. It's cute, very easy read, and chalk full of geeky references from Firefly to Farscape to Star Wars!

The sequel, Celebromancy, is even better.

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Finished up Last Argument of Kings and thus the First Law trilogy. The ending was very brutal and a lot of bad stuff happened to a lot of good characters but it was still a satisfying conclusion. Will definitely be checking out Joe Abercrombie's three other books set in the same world.

Now starting on The Warded Man by Peter V. Brett, just to see what all the fuss is about.

I am now reading Bodhi Sanders' Bushido. I recently finished Pavel's Simple and Sinister.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Mark Rippetoe - Practical Programming for Strength Training

Mark Levin - Ameritopia

Robert Kaplan - The Revenge of Geography: What the Map Tells Us About Coming Conflicts and the Battle Against Fate

That sounds really interesting. How did you like it? Was the writing engaging?

Race: Ferret | Class: Assassin | Level: 4 | STR: 6  DEX: 3  STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 7  CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenges: 1, 2, 3

In print: John Scalzi, "The Human Division"

Audio: Dan Ariely, "The Honest Truth about Dishonesty"

I tried reading Octavia Butler's "Fledgling", but I got bored with it.  There were some elements that kinda squicked me out as well. I'll have to try some other stuff by her; no way I'm going to write her off just because i didn't like one piece.

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson