What's everyone reading?

Apparently I'm a pro at finding out "What book is this?" now.

• Like 2

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

I tend to flop around reading several books at once. Right now I'm only down to three things:

The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K Dick

And a complete collection of H.P. Lovecraft for those moments when I just want a short story and/or weird dreams

Questing!

Current / 1

Currently waiting on Mentats of Dune, signed by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson.  /squee

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

I just started Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. I haven't read it before and am a little uncertain if I'm in the right brain space for something funny right now. I missed a Dixit clue on Saturday because I hadn't read it yet, so I figured now's as good a time as any, since I just finished The Curse Workers trilogy by Holly Black.

• Like 1

I just finished South of Broad, after having lived 8 months in Charleston for work. Wow. What a love letter to the city, and beautifully told story of friendship. 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Just finished Seven for a Secret  and started Will Grayson Will Grayson.

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

Halfway through American Gods thanks to a mention here and I am enjoying it a great deal.  Highly recommended.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Please don't take this the wrong way but I'm stunned there are still people discovering American Gods.  It was such a good read, I figured everyone had gotten to it already.  The Anansi Boys is a sort of sequel so check that out if you want more when you're done.

• Like 1

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

I've been busy.  There are a lot of books/movies/TV shows that I haven't seen yet that people are stunned by.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Please don't take this the wrong way but I'm stunned there are still people discovering American Gods.  It was such a good read, I figured everyone had gotten to it already.  The Anansi Boys is a sort of sequel so check that out if you want more when you're done.

Whenever I see that book on my father in law's bookshelf I get this song running through my head:

I read it for the first time last year when the eBook was on sale for $0.99. I figured what the hell - I'd been planning on getting it from the library but at that price, I may as well buy my own "copy".

I've been busy.  There are a lot of books/movies/TV shows that I haven't seen yet that people are stunned by.

Same! I've read lots of books, and seen plenty of movies and TV shows, but there are some gaps that people find surprising.

Still not sold on Good Omens. I'll keep reading and hopefully it catches me soon.

Good Omens is very silly.  To give you an idea, William Shatner was cast in the horridly failed movie as a cruise ship captain.  Neil Gaimen wanted Peter Sellers to play both angels.  Never mind the fact that Sellers was dead at the time.

My Current Challenge

I'm on Book Four of Jim Butcher's Codex Alera, Captain's Fury. Just started this morning. No, I have not read the Dresden Files. Yes, I plan on it. No, it won't be soon. I've put a ban on buying any new books. I first have to read a lot of what I already have (4 bookshelves worth). I need to cut down on books since I'll be moving next year.

I'm also listening to the Game of Thrones audio during my lunch break at work. I'm just about at the end.

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

/ STR 1 / DEX 1.75 / STA 2 / CON 5 / WIS 4 / CHA 2 /

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

Just finished WIll Grayson, Will Grayson and started The Spinning Heart.

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace