What's everyone reading?

Currently in-progress are The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime and The Walking Dead Compendium 1. Both are great so far.

Though at the moment those are both on pause so I can get in a quick re-read of Mockingjay before the movie comes out :D

Level 0 Wood Elf

Aspiring Scout/Assassin

STR:0  | DEX:0  | STA:0  | CON:0  | WIS:0 | CHA:0

bbop's first challenge!

Zombies, Run!

Currently in-progress are The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime and The Walking Dead Compendium 1. Both are great so far.

Though at the moment those are both on pause so I can get in a quick re-read of Mockingjay before the movie comes out :D

Both are great.  I've read through to #96, but I'm debating getting the remaining books.

Race: Gnoll

Class: Ranger

Level: 0

I'm reading the D&D Fifth Edition Monster Manual. Real quality reading there, but the plot sucks.

Ha! Love it!

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

Listening to the second book of the Challion thilogy. Paladin of Souls. The first book was Curse of Challion, Excelent series, very political and theological. lots of plot twists and character development. Fiction, and set in a fantasy world it is a excellent read if you are a fan of Tolkien or Goodkind or Brooks

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Michael Scott's The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel: The Magician.  Book two of the series.  Not sure if I'll continue it, even though the first one set quite the stage, I'm having a hard time keeping my interest after having put the story down for a while (see: a year).

Gotta find a new fantasy series to start.

"Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion.  Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare.  Impossible is potential, impossible is temporary, impossible is NOTHING." -Muhammad Ali

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." -Hellen Keller

Ferocity (2),  2 Becoming Capable, Becoming a Ranger

Michael Scott's The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel: The Magician. Book two of the series. Not sure if I'll continue it, even though the first one set quite the stage, I'm having a hard time keeping my interest after having put the story down for a while (see: a year).

Gotta find a new fantasy series to start.

I thought the same during book 2, but kept going... have read each book in about 24 hours time, and after finishing the 5th one today, am halfway through the sixth. I'm enthralled.
  • Like 1

Current Challenge #39 - 15.02.23  |  Challenges: #38, #29  |  Fitocracy: redtomato501

I thought the same during book 2, but kept going... have read each book in about 24 hours time, and after finishing the 5th one today, am halfway through the sixth. I'm enthralled.

Glad to hear that!  Maybe this one is just the not-so-great one in the series... :)  I saw this post and decided to order that book out of the library.  My branch doesn't have it, so I requested it from another branch.  I also ordered A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin The Legend of Drizzt:  Book 1, Homeland by Andrew Dabb.  Which confuses me, because I thought it was written by R.A. Salvatore.  I'm wondering if anyone can explain that one to me...

I just went to the library to get books for the first time in at LEAST one year... but most likely more.  I miss the years I spent in the library... as pretty much my main hang out... it was so annoying as a teenager when I had so few friends that loved to read.  Since I started college and working regularly in 2010 I'd lost all interest in reading, and now I know a bunch of book worms so I'm way behind!  I haven't read Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Divergent... the list goes on... but almost everyone I know has read them multiple times. O_o  It's so weird.

That nostalgia moment brought to you in part by: books.  Read 'em.

My adventure to the library also got me a book I had given a shot at reading but never finished because another book had me tangled up already.  It's called Gifts by Ursula K. LeGuin.  I had read The Midnighters Trilogy by Scott Westerfeld and loved all three so much, and Ursula K. LeGuin had given the trilogy a really good review, so I figured I'd read something by her. :)

"Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion.  Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare.  Impossible is potential, impossible is temporary, impossible is NOTHING." -Muhammad Ali

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." -Hellen Keller

Ferocity (2),  2 Becoming Capable, Becoming a Ranger

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen & Seth Grahame-Smith. Been sitting on my TBR shelf for a while, finally got around to it. I hear they are making a movie now...

I actually just started Pride and Prejudice because I've wanted to read P&P&Z but feel like I should read the original first to really appreciate it.  That, and I fancy myself a semi well-read lit kid but have never read Jane Austen and that seems incongruous. :ph34r:

Mekong, level 11 Cherek Adventurer STR 37|DEX 27|STA 35|CON 32|WIS 35|CHA 27

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

Current Challenge

I actually just started Pride and Prejudice because I've wanted to read P&P&Z but feel like I should read the original first to really appreciate it.  That, and I fancy myself a semi well-read lit kid but have never read Jane Austen and that seems incongruous. :ph34r:

I thought the same thing and opted for an audio book instead. Never finished it tho LOL got too bored. I've never read Jane Austen either simply because it really isn't my taste. Maybe I should Cliff Note the original, is that cheating? lol. To be honest I'm having a slightly difficult time keeping interest in it, but I am by far more into it than Wicked (also a recent read). I only read half and never picked it back up again.  :neglected:

Rising Heroes Faction: HAVIK 

Fitbit | Art Page | Instagram

Just finished Singin', Dancin', and Gettin Merry like Christmas  by Maya Angelou. Working my way through her autobiography. What a woman!

Currently half way through the Power of Habit. Highly recommend it to anyone who's into... anything! It really has me thinking about some of my triggers and how to change my "default settings"

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I'm reading Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and while I am enjoying it, I'm rather confused as I thought I read a review somewhere saying it was about chess.

So far, it is also reminding me of the Daemon series by Daniel Suarez.

I also just finished The Broken Eye by Brent Weeks... I've read through the three books in the Lightbringer series over the last couple of weeks, really enjoyed them and am now looking forward to the next book in the series. 

• Like 1

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."

Challenges: 1 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Goodreads

Hey fellow Rebellion readers! I was introduced to a new method of keeping track of my reading through this blog post and have found it to be oddly satisfying to my data-keeping brain. I thought some of you might also enjoy it. http://bookriot.com/2014/09/18/track-reading-ultimate-reading-spreadsheet/

Spockgrrl

Level 2 - Amazon - Aspiring Ranger

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 5|CHA 4

"The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads | MyFitnessPal

Hey fellow Rebellion readers! I was introduced to a new method of keeping track of my reading through this blog post and have found it to be oddly satisfying to my data-keeping brain. I thought some of you might also enjoy it. http://bookriot.com/2014/09/18/track-reading-ultimate-reading-spreadsheet/

Yes! I do this too, although without some of the columns she has... started it in 2011 sometime, and have been keeping track since! Love the idea of tracking author sex, ethnicity, country of publication, etc! Already do date finished (not started), # of pages, rating, category, etc. I love the idea of tracking start dates, but I usually take pictures/screenshots as I finish books, and update my spreadsheet with that data every month or two, so I'd have to figure out how to distinguish start vs end screenshots with enough publication info... I've also been timing myself with my reread of Harry Potter, and I'm tempted to try and add that as a new column, but again, tracking on the go.... hmmm!

Thanks for sharing that!

• Like 1

Current Challenge #39 - 15.02.23  |  Challenges: #38, #29  |  Fitocracy: redtomato501

I just started Tina Fey's Bossypants - I feel like comedy memoirs get me back to reading when I'm in a rut.

I read/listened to that on my roadtrip. It was hilarious, particularly because it was read by Tina herself. :P

I recently picked up Aisha Tyler's "Self-Inflicted Wounds," which is kind of like Bossypants, but different. Tyler is more eloquent than whacky.

I'm also reading/listening to "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand. It's a GREAT book!

• Like 1

- — Thister — -

Level 3, Cylon (Humanoid IntelliScout/Ranger)

STR 6 | DEX  7 | STA 7 | CON 5 | WIS 7.5 | CHA 4

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (Checking in most days, weekly updates)

"If people did not sometimes do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done." â€• Ludwig Wittgenstein

Have just finished reading Assassins Creed, its not bad, not a huge page turner but throws in some cool historical bits and bits from the game.

Not sure what to read next...I have a pile of books, but I know as of January I am going to be reading lots of Health and Safety related bits and pieces for my Diploma...not sure how involved to into something.

If you are a reader, also feel free to add me on Goodreads, I find its a good way to keep track of what I'm up to :)

https://www.goodreads.com/CrackerWatson

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads 

I'm reading the series Protector of the Small by Tamora Pierce. I'm hoping to finish reading all her books by the end of the xmas break. 

I also have a friend that keeps pushing his books my way so I'll be reading nothing but sci-fi from then on. I'll keep my goodread up to date.

Just finished Aisha Tyler's "Self-Inflicted Wounds". Tyler is a funny, sharp, eloquent comedian with a lot of life experience. There were many stories I couldn't personally relate, but of the ones I could I felt reassured that the mistakes we make help us grow and learn so much more about ourselves. While we often try to pass off these mistakes, typically blaming them on some external force, the ultimate lesson Tyler pushes is that we should own them because they help shape us. 

There are a lot of funny moments in the book, and hearing Tyler, much like hearing Tina Fey read "Bossypants," was great. The added characterization and contextualization made the book more real and fun. 

I'm now reading/listening to "Unbroken" (still) and then I'll start "Yes Please" by Amy Poehler. (I feel like I'll need some comedy after Unbroken.)

• Like 1

- — Thister — -

Level 3, Cylon (Humanoid IntelliScout/Ranger)

STR 6 | DEX  7 | STA 7 | CON 5 | WIS 7.5 | CHA 4

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (Checking in most days, weekly updates)

"If people did not sometimes do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done." â€• Ludwig Wittgenstein

Currently reading "Tehran at Twilight" by Salar Abdoh (ebook) and the 4th Harry Potter (physical).

Recent books include the 6 book series by Michael Scott starting with "The Alchemyst", the first three Harry Potters, "the Broken Lands" and "The Boneshaker" by Kate Milford, "The Goldfinch" by Donna Tartt, and "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" by Junot Diaz.

Downloaded to read from the library are "The Cuckoo's Calling" by Robert Galbraith/JK Rowling, "Jackdaws" by Ken Folett, "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn, "Endurance" by Alfred Lansing, and "The Worst Hard Time" by Timothy Egan.