What's everyone reading?

Archive binging several new webcomics.

Excited!

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

I can't believe it took me this long to find the book thread.

Fiction: I'm reading a very cute romance novel right now called "Dukes Prefer Blondes" by Loretta Chase.  Very banter-filled, hero is clearly inspired by the BBC version of Sherlock.

Audio: I'm re-reading the Harry Potter books as audiobooks, just finished Chamber of Secrets and am waiting on my library's copy of Prisoner of Azkaban.

Non-Fiction: "Come as you Are" by Emily Nagoski which is amazingly useful to anyone with a vagina, or anyone who would like to interact with a vagina.  One of the most useful "science of sex" type books I've ever read, though the fictional case studies are a bit annoying.

On deck: "The Ballad of Black Tom" which looks like a mashup of a noir mystery and Lovecraft.  It looks delicious.

I just finished "Wise Man's Fear" now I'm waiting impatiently for the next book as remember why I don't like starting series without the majority of the book out.

There's a sort of.. sideline about Auri. Haven't read it, but it might ease the withdrawal ;)

www.goodreads.com/book/show/21535271-the-slow-regard-of-silent-things

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

The Slow Regard of Silent things is not like the other books.  It gives some wonderful insight on Auri, but be warned; there is no dialog.  None.  It's great.  

I'm reading "The Blinding Dagger" by Brent Weeks.  It's the second in a series and pretty good.  It doesn't catch me like the Kingkiller Chronicles or even the Mistborn series, but it's good.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I just started reading At the Crossroads of Fear and Freedom, written by Dr. Robert L. Green, who was a close friend of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He tells the stories of his involvement with the Civil Rights Movement alongside Dr. King and sheds light on the lesser-talked-about side of Dr. King's struggle for educational equality. Dr. Green is a professor emeritus and distinguished alumnus of my alma mater, and I've been having all of these proud happy tears coming up reading about how experiences and triumphs. It's a super fascinating read. Would recommend.

5'11'' Male

SW: 251 | CW: 199 | GW: 175

Battle Log: Grifball's Freelancer Training

"I WILL EAT YOUR UNHAPPINESS." - Michael J. Caboose

Just finished the lovely and witty The Art of Crash Landing. A personal narrative story at its high.

Beginning The Deep End of the Ocean now.

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

I've been on a big fantasy binge lately, which is a nice change from last year's nonfiction streak. I just recently finished up the Riyria Chronicles series (Michael Sullivan), and I'm just a few pages shy of finishing the first book of the Dagger and the Coin series (Daniel Abraham).

Owner/Coach @ Gymless Fitness

My Do Whatever, Whenever Log

"Change is not always growth, but growth is often rooted in change." -Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm mostly working on the reading list for my RYT-500 yoga teaching cert, so right now I'm reading The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar, and Structural Yoga Therapy by Mukunda Stiles.

Very informative... but kinda dry.

Easeful, Peaceful, Useful... "An easeful body, and a peaceful mind, allow you to become a useful person" -Swami Satchidananda

I'm on my way to Gettysburg, and just started Killer Angels last night!

tumblr_m6v10eAZc51rrwqxfo1_500.gif

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

The hubs and I are gearing up for our new project - writing a screenplay together! So I'm taking a break from fiction and doing some research with Save The Cat by Blake Snyder. Surprisingly fun for a textbooki-ish kinda thing!

• Like 1

I'm fighting through jk rowlings "The Casual Vacancy" right now. It's boath really good too read and for trigger reasons also quite hard at times. So overall an amazing book so far.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:25 AM, Twilight said:

Hahaha oh gosh, I bet. I read the first one (really enjoyed it) just a few months before the movie came out. I imagine the author had to come up with increasingly ridiculous reasons to send him back to Mars!

Yes indeed.  Though after the third book he just stays on Mars, and the focus shifts to other characters.  Chessmen of Mars is pretty cool, especially the gladiatorial chess game.  Mastermind of Mars is a great indictment of mindless faith and intellectual superiority.  The last three or four books in the series are just silly.

• Like 1

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

just finished: Marcus Aurelius - Meditations

Currently Reading

David Graeber - Debt: the first 5000 years

Mike Mc Shaffry - Game Coding Complete

Bhante Gunaratana - Mindfulness in plain english

There is one rule, above all others, ... Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

Robert Jordan, The Great Hunt

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR:4 | DEX:2.5 | STA:5 | CON:3 | WIS:5 | CHA:3

Daily Grind

Story of a Ranger: 1st chapter, 2nd chapter, 3rd chapter, 4th chapter