Glad to have found this site some great information on the site.

I'm 29 IT Tech here in Buffalo. I've started loosing weight and exercising more back in July when I stepped on the scale and it said I was 300.6 lbs. I've never been that heavy before and was disgusted with myself. The month before I gave up smoking and told myself if I can do that then I can loose weight also.

Today I'm 25 lbs lighter, still smoke free (8months woot!), engaged (May 22nd is the big day), going to a gym and have enjoyed running. Something that the 300lbs pack-a-day person I used to be would have never have done. I started slowly, first with Wii fit then EA Active then to the gym and started running after christmas.

The bad thing is that since Christmas I haven't been really able to keep a workout schedule with marriage plans and life events getting in the way but the good thing is that my weight has stayed the same. Now that pretty much everything is planned out for the wedding things have started to slow down I can get back into going to the gym.

I'm calling this the "Workout Reboot". Before I still didn't keep a good workout schedule and I was still learning how to workout, what my limits in weightlifting, what and what not to do etc. With this reboot I'm going to really keep to a solid workout schedule and build on what I've learned so far in loosing weight. From what I've read so far on this site, I think this place is really going to help me out.

Thanks!

Hey Jmac!

Glad to have ya, and congrats on quitting smoking and already dropping 25 pounds. If you can drop 25, you can drop another 25. Just remember that your diet is 80% of the battle, so keep that under control when you can't work out and you won't be able to do too much damage.

Let us know how we can help!

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.