Considering Paleo

I've been reading up on the Paleo diet and it makes a hell of a lot of sense. Therefore, I am very interested in trying it. But I have a question first:

Right now, I eat. A LOT. I happened to luck out being one of those people who has a pretty fast metabolism, allowing me to eat without any real weight change. So, what does Paleo offer for snacking purposes that will hold me over between meals? An apple or two won't do it. And I suppose I'm a bit lazy when it comes to food, but given I'm still a high school senior, I can't rely much on always being able to make something, or having leftovers. I'm not asking for some magical Paleo box o' cookies or whatever. I just want to see the variety of Paleo and how much it relies on the kitchen.

Lvl 1 Splinter Cell Assassin

Current Challenge

Starting Attributes:STR: 2DEX: 3STA: 3CON: 2WIS: 3CHA: 2

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED

Best plan is to eat bigger meals so you don't need snacks. Make sure you get protein (meat), fats, and veggies. If you still are hungry and need snacks, add nuts to the apple, or beef jerky.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Paleo does a great job of making you not hungry, which is nice. However, nuts are available, as well as dairy if you lean more Primal than strict Paleo, and of course the classic hard-boiled eggs. Then there's grilling up some chicken and cutting it up and dropping it into some ziploc bags to take with you and eat as needed.

Egg muffins are good too. Egg, sausage, drop it in a muffin pan and bake up a dozen of them.

If you're not dropping dairy completely, then Heavy Whipping Cream is an amazing additive to stuff that makes it filling. And if you drink coffee, check out Bullet Proof Coffee, as an awesome method of reducing snacking urges.

Human Ranger (Level 1)

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Challenge Thread

Paleo does a great job of making you not hungry, which is nice. However, nuts are available, as well as dairy if you lean more Primal than strict Paleo, and of course the classic hard-boiled eggs. Then there's grilling up some chicken and cutting it up and dropping it into some ziploc bags to take with you and eat as needed.

Egg muffins are good too. Egg, sausage, drop it in a muffin pan and bake up a dozen of them.

If you're not dropping dairy completely, then Heavy Whipping Cream is an amazing additive to stuff that makes it filling. And if you drink coffee, check out Bullet Proof Coffee, as an awesome method of reducing snacking urges.

Those muffins sound really good, I'll look into them. And I enjoy coffee quite frequently, so I'll have to buy some of Bullet Proof too.

Edit: or not. BP coffee sounds delicious, but spending 20 bucks on a 3/4 pound bag is a little more than I feel like paying.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Current Challenge

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED

Yeah, the bbutter's the important thing about BP, and within the site there's a recipe of sorts. Also, a guide on how to choose your coffee if you can't afford theirs.

Regarding massive food consumption, I have the same problem, but whast I do is I include a hefty portion of protein and a hefty portion of veggies each meal, and that seems to calm the hunger for a while. While nuts are good for snacking you don't want to depend on them (I did for a while and my body started complaining). Meat and veggies, and jerky if you can get your hands into some :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is insanity. Or practice.

Infinity Knight Assassin

Because not only the World but the Entire Universe is my playground

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

I Cook! Kinda...

No need to buy the special coffee. The important part is the butter.

Ah, good. It sounds delicious.

Regarding massive food consumption, I have the same problem, but whast I do is I include a hefty portion of protein and a hefty portion of veggies each meal, and that seems to calm the hunger for a while. While nuts are good for snacking you don't want to depend on them (I did for a while and my body started complaining). Meat and veggies, and jerky if you can get your hands into some :)

Is there a certain brand of jerky I should look out for? We sell some of the Jack Links brand at my work, but I get the feeling that isn't up to Paleo standards.

Current Challenge

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED

I stock my pantry with big bags of cashew nuts, brazil and macadamia nuts and whatever dried fruit I can find. Then I just mix it all together and put it in a bag and take it to work for when I feel like a snack.

But what folks have said above about not really wanting to snack because you have proper sized meals with lots of protein and fat is really true as well.

'!!@"*

Well, I just had my first completely Paleo dinner- a big chef's salad, devilled eggs and potato salad. I noted 2 things. 1, despite there being bread on the table, I felt no urge to eat it. And 2, I feel the fullest I have in a while.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Current Challenge

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED