new assassin

Swiftly and silently I move across the vast openness which is the roof tops. I hope I don't hesitate again this time, I think as I approach the edge. Here goes nothing! I tell myself before I...... don't jump. Damn I did it again! What kind of assassin is scared of heights! I mean seriously. Oh well maybe next time...

Hey all, as you can guess i'm new to this whole thing aaand i'm scared of heights. I am 18 years old and I want to learn more parkour. I started about 2 weeks ago and i love it. At the moment me and some friends do parkour at a play ground close to where i live (which is in the middle of nowhere-_- ) so I dont have much i can learn there.

Oh also I will be joining you all on the next 6 week challenge

Aannyways my goals for the next month are:

study Japanese (my major) for at least 30 mins a day WIS+2

Jump of the 9 footer at the quarry in the next month

Jump of the 17 footer eventually

Jump off the full height of the castle (5-6 ft) (jungle gym) and land right DEX+1

5 push ups (in a row) i can do 1 STR+2

1 pull up STR+2

do my work out program 3-5 days a week STR+1 CON+1

do yoga 2-3 times a week CHA+3

PARKOUR

30 mins (at least) 3-5 times a week DEX+2 STA+1

learn 3 new tricks (i'll post later) DEX+2

DIET

welll i'm already vegan so all i can really cut out is candy and soda

Only 1 junk foot (candy, soda ect.) thing a week (for now) CON+2

I'll post a log one week at a time =)

(i start college again on the 27th of august so it will be harder to work out after that)

BAM! I edited it :subdued:

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

日本語が分かるアサシンは「忍者」と言うと思うね :P

Most of your goals are good, but really general goals tend to do little, in my experience. Instead of "Study Japanese" and "eat less candy/soda/junk food", try "Study [appropriate amount of] Japanese per day" and "Eat no more than one serving of candy/soda/junk food per day". Giving myself goals like that has already gotten me in better habits. And always remember, not meeting your goal 100% doesn't mean you can't still try to make 99%, so don't be afraid to set goals that sound kinda tough.

Level 4 AssassinStr 8.50, Dex 7.25, Sta 6.75Con 6.00, Wis 8.00, Cha 6.00

My tumblrtumblr for silly band names

いや、忍者は日本からのアサシンです ;)

agree with RBW, you should try making your goals measurable by giving them an objective. it'll give you something to actually work towards and will help you understand how you have progressed 6 weeks from now.

parkour, especially at a beginner level, is not really about jumping off high stuff. normally id say go forth and do your thing, but for untrained people landings from height are a disaster waiting to happen. work on your precisions, plyos, climb ups and climb downs in the quarry instead, you'll progress a lot more and won't run the risk of injuring yourself straight away. plus you'll learn the skills to actually move through the environment in all directions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

Welcome fellow assassin! good luck in your challenge and parkour training. Also I highly suggest starting your own log like most of us do here(you can find mine in my signature). In the log we post our daily workouts and training.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

いや、忍者は日本からのアサシンです ;)

agree with RBW, you should try making your goals measurable by giving them an objective. it'll give you something to actually work towards and will help you understand how you have progressed 6 weeks from now.

parkour, especially at a beginner level, is not really about jumping off high stuff. normally id say go forth and do your thing, but for untrained people landings from height are a disaster waiting to happen. work on your precisions, plyos, climb ups and climb downs in the quarry instead, you'll progress a lot more and won't run the risk of injuring yourself straight away. plus you'll learn the skills to actually move through the environment in all directions.

This^^^ is excellent advice. That I'd like to second. And also, 17' is HIGH I'm not sure someone with years of training and experience would take that lightly, if at all. I'd definitely drill the basics before you try anything 'impressive'. And you're going to want phenomenal leg strength to cushion and redirect the impact from a fall/jump down.

But welcome to the guild! :) it'll be awesome to see you level up.

And remember our motto has to do with allowing your mind and body to be free. Which is nearly impossible if you're bound up in a cast or something. So just remember the caution is the better part of valor.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

I'm starting out with rolls lol.. I also practice precisions, the max I jump off at this point is 3 feet. I'm taking this inch by inch and making sure I have the basics down. I think that is the sane and safe way to go. I don't plan on doing any 10 foot jumps any time soon. I'd listen to the advice of the above people on that one :P.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Thanks for the advice guys and welcome guys =)

I'll edit my post so it has more direct goals. Also about the quarry its a relativity safe place as long as I land right in the water I should be fine. Jumping is more about conquering fears than anything else. It'll take me a while to get to the 17 footer but the 9 isn't too hard (oh and just as a side note my 10 yr old brother does back flips off the 17 ft one -_- but I think its appropriate to say that he is insane) Also I will be with my friends who have jumped off of this thing thousands of times so they can instruct me :courage: . I wont try jumping off of anything more than 5 feet from the ground though cause I don't want to hurt myself. I know I can land that. I've done it before.

And It would be a really good place to practice climb ups and climb downs! (why didnt i think of that) but as for precisions and plyos there is no ground that i could use to push off.

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4