Shortstuff is back, faster, stronger and smarter

shortstuff

So this is my second challenge. I had this intro already written up, but then I found out that we can only have 4 goals. It was about how I was going to defeat my “evil twin” from the last mini challenge in the last challenge. I figured seeing as I’m more fitness minded, I am actually reducing my soft drink without meaning to, which I hope continues and lastly based on how much soft drink I have as compared to how much I warm up/cool down and stretch before/after a workout, the soft drink goal isn’t as important. Anyway to my goals.

So my goals are

Health / Fitness goals

Run a sub 15min 2.4k – Once I get into the Navy, I have to do a 2.4k run in under 15mins (based on my age and gender) during recruit school. So far the best I have done is 15:57, last time I did it my time was 16:16. The first time I did it, my time was 18:43 or something like that, so I have made an improvement, but lately I have been finding it hard to make any, and besides for that one 15:57 (which was only 3 seconds belong 16 min) my time doesn’t seem to want to go below 16 min. (+3 DEX, +2 STR, + PS3)

Complete stage 1 of NROLFW – I really enjoy working on my strength last challenge, but without the motivation of the 6 week challenge, I don’t seem to spend the time working on it. So I want to complete stage 1 of the new rules of lifting for women, but I will slightly modified the workouts as I don’t have one of those balls, or something I can use for step ups. (+3 STR) Done

Actually warm up/cool down and stretch before/after a workout – I am ok with the cooling down part when I go for a run, but not so good with the rest, or all of it would I work on my strength. This has to chance. Starting with this challenge I am going to warm up before every workout, even if it’s only 10 jumping jacks, cool down after every workout, even if it’s only 10 jumping jacks, and stretch after every workout. Doesn’t matter what I do, or for how long, as long as it counts as a warm up/cool down/stretching. (+3 CON, +1 WIS)

Life Goal

Study for 12 hours each week – I know 12 hours isn’t much, but I want to get more done than what I am doing now. (+3 WIS)

I was thinking of making the soft drink goal a side / unofficial goal, but I will wait to see how I go this challenge and if I think it is still a problem than I will make it a goal next challenge.

Stats from mini challenges

Week 1: +1 STA

Week 2: +1 STR

Week 3: Failed

Week 4: +1 STA

Week 5: +1 WIS

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Nice! Getting stronger will help you run faster too...as will becoming more limber with warm ups and cool down stretching. Good luck.

Celtic ScoutLevel 4Str 8 | Dex 7.5 | Sta 12.25 | Con 9 | Wis 10.5 | Cha 7.75Battle Log"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 hours is a ton of time!! Good luck with your goals!

Up until now I did very little but study not that I did much, and now I want to finish it, I am thinking that if I do a bit each day it shouldn't be as bad

I always have an issue remembering to warm up.... good goal to work on :)

I have never been good at warming up, but good at cooling down as I tend to end up walking anyway

Did 84/720 (720 being 12 hours) minutes of study, and did the second work out for NROLFW, and remebered to warm up / cool down / stretch

How are you liking the NROLFW program? I did it just over a year ago and liked it pretty well. :)

Good luck on your goals!

Thanks, so far I am only up to stage 1, but I am enjoying it so far

How do I keep missing all the challenge logs?!

Anyway, I finally found yours. I've gotta say, you've improved so much.

Liking the life goal of studying, it's so easy to put off.

Subscribing to this thread. More support I guess.

How do I keep missing all the challenge logs?!

Anyway, I finally found yours. I've gotta say, you've improved so much.

Liking the life goal of studying, it's so easy to put off.

Subscribing to this thread. More support I guess.

Thanks, I think the studying goal is going to be a interesting one. It was 15 hours, but I have dropped it back to 12, I thought I would be able to do it, but I seem to be droppping behind this week. Maybe I am just having an off week with my studying. On the bight side, I get to know just how much study I actully do, and I seem to want to do my study more

207/720 minutes of study done

Next Six Week Challenge that is going in my goals.

I need to study, and do homework more.

I've got a Food Technology assignment due tomorrow, I haven't started it.

Not passionate about the subject though.

Anyway, nice work, 3 hours 20 is heaps.

Week Summary

So this week has been interesting.

I have also been volunteering. Monday at the library, Tusday, Wednesday and Firday at the school. I would have never thought of working at a school, I am not a big kid person, but I have been enjoying it so much. I have been working with the younger ones and they are so cute. So I have been busy.

Trying to do study was interesting as I didn't do as much as I had like to. As it turns out I would have ran out of things to study as way as I have finished this unit. In total I ended up doing 6 hours and 29 minutes.

Workout wise I been getting up at 7:30 to go for a morning walk each day which has been great. It may not have helped much with me not feeling tried, but I do enjoy it.

I think it was Saturday or Sunday last week I made a workout plan as I found out the hard way that I can't strength train and go for a run(I went to go for a run after strength training for an hour, I didn't do much running). It was really good, I knew what I was doing each day. I think I may have changed one running day, it may have been a 2.4k day but changed it to a speed, and Friday I didn't do the planned workout as I was tried (been waking up at about 5:30-6am each morning even though I didn't need or want to) so I made up for it Saturday as well as the planned work out by doing one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

I mangaged to do another week of NRoL for Women, and I did do the right amounts of sets each workout, expect for the very last workout when my border collie wanted to help out. Having a dog that size is not helpful when doing sits and getting a "kiss" from her is not something I look forward to. I mean who knows where that tongue has been.

I didn't do too good this my 2.4k run time this week. I think I got 17.19. I am just going to put that down to not doing as much running as I would have liked to. I also did some speed work.

I have remembered to warm up, cool down and stetch after each workout (not including the walking, I don't count that as a workout).

So today I have spent about 15 minutes doing study related stuff. Pretty much been organising the next unit. I am a bit over studing at the moment. I am looking forward to it being over

Been trying to organise my next unit for my study, and it turns out that I won't be starting it until next week. I think it has something to do with the fact that my lecturer for the past unit was/is out of the office this week. Did get in contact with him though. The lecturer for my next unit has to upload the resoures for my next unit, but I think she doesn't have enough time or something to do it today, and doesn't work Fridays so no getting it untill next week.

I am a bit over my study at the moment. I am getting a bit sick of it, and I think the fact that I am only doing it to fill in time doesn't help. I am hoping it won't take much longer.

So finely got some study to do, so did some today -197/720 minutes done. I am hopeing to get another 3 hours done tomorrow. I won't be able to get 12 hours done this week, but I will still make some effect

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines