Thunder Cats are GO! First Challenge!

smazzon1

Just joined Nerd Fitness just in time for a challenge!

I'm starting this challenge while abroad, so for the next week or so all I'll be logging in are bodyweight work outs, running, and ab workouts.

My 3 Fitness Goals:

• Do 20 push ups without stopping
  • Cut out ice cream completely
  • Do 3 one-minute planks in a row

My 1 Life Goal:

• Finish reading the Italian translation of Matilda

I would have more fitness goals with weights, but since I'm away I can't measure a starting point. The last time I was on a scale was a few months ago and I weighed 135 lbs at 5'5".

How I Plan to Achieve My Goals:

• I plan on doing push ups at least 3 times a week during bodyweight workouts along with planks. My record for planks was 1:03, but I'm down to 0:56.
  • My sweet tooth is one of the reasons why I'm not losing weight. I don't drink soda but chocolate and ice cream are the enemy. I plan on slowly but surely cut out ice cream and if I can do that I will cut out chocolate (it helps that I made the change to dark chocolate this year).
  • I would like to finish Matilde, Italy's version of Roald Dahl's novel. I'm a couple of chapters in, but it would be great if I actually finished. I'm going to try to do 10 pages a day.

Here we go!

"If you die, you die. A man must constantly exceed his level." - Bruce Lee

So cool! Welcome to the NF community! Good goals!

Ah, I´ve got a sweet tooth as well :( thats hard :(

and enjoy your travel (?)

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you,whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price.Therefore honor God with your body."- Corinthians 6:19-20 Join me on fitocracy.

Cool, it's my first challenge too...let's kick it's butt!! :D

I have a similar problem with ice cream, and milkshakes are even worse.. Try frozen bananas instead!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mostly Human Adventurer

* STR 3 * DEX 2 * STA 2 * CON 5 * WIS 4 * CHA 3 *

Current Challenge

Join me on fitocracy

"It ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.

How much you can take, and keep moving forward.

That's how winning is done." ~ Rocky Balboa

Welcome smazzon1!

Great idea cutting out one thing at a time (ice cream), I found this strategy helpful when I started eating primal. Also found slowly changing my dark chocolate from 60% to 85% cocoa worked well for me.

I also like your achievable goals for the planks & push ups, good luck:)

'Don't quit, two words, that's it' :-)

Alright, time to start. Here's a picture I took two days ago:

tumblr_m88pcjZfR01rscsijo1_500.jpg

Please ignore the ugly shorts. I'm hoping to get rid of the small amount of fat on my lower abs, and add muscle to my arms and core. Time to work!

Day 1 of the Challenge!

Fitness

Body Weight Workout Cycle

Body Weight Squat:

20 reps

20 reps

20 reps

20 reps

Push-Up:

10 reps

10 reps

10 reps

10 reps

Body Weight Lunge:

20 reps

20 reps

20 reps

25 reps

Reverse Crunch:

15 reps

15 reps

15 reps

15 reps

Jumping Jacks:

30 jumping jacks

30 jumping jacks

30 jumping jacks

30 jumping jacks

Plank:

30 sec

30 sec

30 sec

30 sec

What I Didn't Eat

My friend bought a chocolate croissant and I resisted the temptation to ask her for a piece :D

Life

Reading in Italian

Read my 10 pages of Matilde. I'm at the part (for those that have read the book) where Matilda just freaked out her family by putting a parrot in the chimney. She's so sassy.

Part of me is so excited to get back to the States so I can really start working with weights again. Plus I can also work on my long term goal of doing a pull up.

Day 9

Fitness/Health

I started the Paleo Diet yesterday. The only time I "cheated" was eating 2 cheese sticks. But I resisted pasta salad and angel hair tonight :)

Push Ups: So far I keep stopping at 10 when I do a set of 20 push ups. I'm back in the US and have already gone to the gym to lift so hopefully it'll help.

Planks: I'm at the point during long workouts to get to 47-53 second planks. I know that I can get to a minute since I was able to before I left.

Life

I don't remember where I was in Matilde when I started this, but I am currently on page 63. I finished the chapter where Matilde(a) puts blond dye in her father's hair gel and his hair turns into a bright orange.

Day 23

Fitness/Health

Push Ups: Up to doing 15 in a row before stopping!

Plank: I'm still at high 40s, low 50s. If I do them before a workout I make a minute on all three reps. I think I have to not superset them with another ab exercise like I've been doing.

Ice Cream: Only had it twice so far on both cheat days! And honestly I don't crave it that much anymore :)

Life

Haven't gotten far since I get really frustrated when reading sometimes. I'm at page 98 now so very close to halfway.

Looks like you are making a lot of progress! Great job with the push ups. You will be doing 20 in no time. It's also great to see that you are getting your sweet tooth under control. That's no easy task :) Keep up with the reading and planks. Push through and I'm sure you can reach your goals. Also, make sure you are giving your body time to rest between workouts. That's when you will build strength and get better. Good luck with the rest of the week

Rogue Assassin

"You just have to get up one more time than life can knock you down."STR-3.5 DEX-10.25 STA-4 CON-3.5 WIS-6.25 CHA-5 

Day 42

Update

In the past 3 days I've been very sick, worked, and broke up with my boyfriend. My battle log has been updated almost everyday during the challenge, but I wanted to put all of my goals to the test today to see if I achieved any (and I believe that I have). However, at my state it would be unwise to workout until I get better (which will hopefully be tomorrow or Wednesday). My head is pounding as well so reading the final chapters of Matilde has been impossible.

UUGGHHH

Completed Goals

No more ice cream!

60+ sec planks!

Incomplete Goals

So I found out I've been doing push ups with the wrong technique. Because of that, I was not able to complete the goal

Was not able to finish Matilde in time. I will finish for next

Obviously I still have work. But, honestly, I'm so happy I've been keeping up with finess and nutrition so well. I'll get better next challenge :D

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines