First challenge! Let's DO this!

Metal Tes

Wow, I can't believe this challenge is almost over already!! I have learned a lot, and most importantly, I have gained a fair bit of strength already! I also have a better idea of what kinds of goals to set for the next challenge...I won't be earning a lot of points for this one, but that's ok, I considered this more of a prelude to a real challenge anyway.

The treadmill won't get me many points because I only use it to warm up now, as I am concentrating on lifting instead.

My back/neck exercises have been worked in with my other lifting, so those points will be good.

The food logging is on & off...stuff from trader joe's is great, just scan it with MFP & good to go. The trouble is, I cook different things all the time, I don't measure when I cook, and sometimes trying to log whatever I made is just a royal pain. I think I need to rethink HOW I log, as in, just write down what it was, without dissecting every dish. I know what's healthy & what isn't. I can still use MFP to help me make better choices, especially when we are eating out. Or maybe I need to play around with some of the other options instead of MFP, I might like one of them better, we shall see.

My website is close, I hope to have it finished up in time!! We shall see about that too...

Back in a couple days with the final results!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mostly Human Adventurer

* STR 3 * DEX 2 * STA 2 * CON 5 * WIS 4 * CHA 3 *

Current Challenge

Join me on fitocracy

"It ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.

How much you can take, and keep moving forward.

That's how winning is done." ~ Rocky Balboa

So, I didn't do great with the actual goals I had made for myself, for several different reasons. Part of it was because I learned a lot about what I want to do, and therefore seriously switched gears. That applies to my working out and to my website. Part of it was the death of my very good friend, which just completely took my mind out of the game right in the middle of the challenge. The last part is a matter of convenience & how much time I'm willing to dedicate to measuring and calculating everything I cook, as opposed to just cooking what I know is good stuff. So...here's how I did:

Fitness goals:

1 - run or walk a minimum of 2 miles, at least 4 times a week - D - I switched gears here, and decided to go with lifting instead wasting time on a treadmill. I do use it to warm up & cool down, and I'm going to try some intervals on it once a week & see how I like that. I get no points for this one.

2 - do my back & neck exercises at least twice a week - A - This is the only goal I aced, probably the most important one anyway, so that's good! My back & neck haven't felt this strong in years. I went from being told never to lift more than 10 pounds (by doctors, just talking about day to day lifting...they've had me doing barbie exercises for years now using 3 & 5 lb. weights...ugh!) to this morning, when I did my last set of goblet squats at 30 pounds...it felt freakin awesome!! I get +3 STR for this one.

3 - start and keep a fitness/food journal -D - I started out good, because we were super busy and eating a lot of pre-made stuff from Trader Joe's, so I could just scan it into MFP & be done with it. Normally, though, I cook a lot of things from scratch, and at first it was kind of fun to put the recipes into MFP, but the trouble is, I rarely make exactly the same thing twice, I don't measure when I cook, and it was basically becoming a time-sucking hassle to try to log everything. I haven't decided what I want to do about this yet. Just write things down? Find a different app for logging? Say to hell with logging it & just eat right? Not sure...either way, I get no points here either.

Personal goal:

- Finish my website and invite all of you to check it out when it's done! - C - Well, it's not live yet, but again, I completely switched gears...I am reworking my entire business plan due to what my customers want, so while the basic site is finished & all the parts are working, I need to finish up some new products and take a bunch of new product shots before I'll be happy with relaunching it. So, while I did do a LOT of this one, the goal was to finish it...so no points here either.

So...for the two weeks that I barely remember, I'm basically treating this as a 4 week challenge, so my +3 STR points revert to +2 points. I also get +1 WIS for the Educate Thyself mini-challenge, and I'm giving myself +1 CON for helping my friend's son with all the things his family wouldn't help him with, like planning a memorial, going with him to pick up his father's ashes, writing an obituary, they left the poor kid (at 21 years old) to do all this himself, so I stepped in...anyway...

The good news...want to see my new stats? Check this out:

Weight = was 145 now 142.5

Waist = was 37.5" now 35" YAY!

Hips = was 42.5" now 41" also YAY!!

Chest = was 34.5" now 33" - oh well, I knew there would be a price. :/

Thighs (L/R) = was 23.5"/24" now 22.5"/23"

Biceps (L/R) = was 9.5"/10" now 10"/10"

So, while I don't get any points for those, they are plenty of reward all on their own! All in all, while I didn't win a lot of points, the challenge was still very valuable. I learned a LOT about where I want to be, and what is capable of me, fitness and strength-wise, and, feeling inspired by the challenges of others, I have decided to try it again....I'll be back tonight with some fresh goals! (and an updated sig!) :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mostly Human Adventurer

Current Challenge

Join me on fitocracy

"It ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.

Thanks! I have a feeling I'll do a lot better this time around! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mostly Human Adventurer

Current Challenge

Join me on fitocracy

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines