La Lingua Per Tu? If you could learn another language...

At the moment I speak:

-German (I´m Austrian, so that can be debatable)

-Italian (learned in school, but still good enough for a job interview :))

-English (obviously)

I am currently learning:

-Russian (Just enough to survive)

-Arabic (A colleague of mine described it best with "I want to know how to say "Don´t shoot";"Water";"Help, I´m being kidnapped"")

I want to learn:

-Spanish

-Japanese or Chinese

I also learned some Latin in school, but I don´t remember anything about it...

Solvitur Ambulando.

I speak passable Spanish and Russian (though it usually takes me a couple of days to get back into them). I can read them both pretty well, much better than I can speak them currently. It's been a few years since I used any spoken Russian. I can also speak enough Mandarin to order at a restaurant and find public restrooms, but beyond general pleasantries I don't know much other than a few specialized vocabulary words.

I can figure out a good deal of written Italian and French, but those are the two languages I'd most like to learn to SPEAK. I'd also like to learn Swedish, since my maternal family is from [sweden].

Newbie scout.

First challenge.

STA: 1

CON: 1

I have a list of six.

I'm learning Latin and German for grad school. I want to read some people in their original language, so there's the Greek as well.

I plan on moving to a Spanish-speaking country so I can learn by immersion, as I took 8 years and still don't have true fluency in the language. The failure irks me.

Mandarin, Korean, and Japanese for their dramas, music, and anime. :)

If I have any brain space left, Arabic and Russian are both very gorgeous languages.

For anyone who really wants to learn:

I've been studying Italian for a year and a half now and can get by in conversation. It's my minor and I want to learn it fluently so my boyfriend got me this program called "Immersion" that's supposed to be very good. It's very similar to Rosetta Stone however it's MUCH cheaper. I'm going to try it out and see how it works (the one he got me is only levels 1, 2, and 3 but it should fine-tune everything). Has anyone ever tried it?

"If you die, you die. A man must constantly exceed his level." - Bruce Lee

I took Japanese for a year in college and absolutely loved it. I speak English and Polish fluently, and have taken French (all of grade/high school), Spanish (self-taught 1 yr; 1 yr high school), and Latin (1 yr self-taught; 2 yrs high school). I've always loved languages and always been good at them (I pick them up really fast, but lose them just as quickly), and Japanese was the first one that really challenged me.

I really want to pick it up again soe day.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise