Tom Kenobi: The Gallifreyan Assassin

Tom Kenobi

Alright! A new challenge is here and I am looking forward to taking this on beside my fellow rebels.

Lets get right down to the brass tacks here, I'm even making room for the entire 15 points in this challenge.

Strength Goal: 12 FBW Pull Ups

Current Max Reps: 9.5 Full Body Weight Pull Ups ( a 2.75 Pull increase from the max test at the beginning of the prior challenge)

As soon as I break through to 10 FBW, I will automatically award myself +.05 Strength (see my prior challenge for this to make sense).

12 FBW Pull Ups = +2 Strength.

Bonus Points: 13 FBW Pulls = +1 Strength, 14 FBW Pulls = +1 Strength, 15 FBW Pulls = +1 Strength

Total Points Available: 5

I have been chasing the elusive 10 for over a year now, and in the last four months I have made the best progress ever. I have gone through and completed the full 8 week 20 Pull Up Challenge , Column 1 - to which I actually added an extra week in there to help solidy the foundation I was creating with the pulls and also because the progression moved really fast in the numbers.

The last six week challenge, I started at Column 1: Week 4, Day 1. I completed weeks 4, 5, & 6 and then did a mid-challenge max rep test and repeated weeks 4, 5, & 6 for the final half of the challenge and took one final max rep test yesterday 7/3012.

Pull Up Plan:

I am sticking with the 20 Pull Up Program. Although 'slightly' aggressive sometimes in the numbers I am supposed to hit, I like how its set up and since I've been doing it for four months now, I'm used to it.

I will be starting the 6 week Pull Up Program back on Week 1, Day 1, but going up to column 2 based on my latest max rep test. Looking at the numbers for the first three weeks, it will be 'easy', but it will give me a chance to continue solidifying the foundation of good form and proper technique. At the end of the three week mark is another max rep test, and then I either go to Column 1: Week 4, Day 1, or Column 2: Week 4, Day 1.

Pull Up Yoda: ETF Nerd

Family Fitness Goal: Do 4 fun fitness oriented activities.

Last challenge, my girls did a mini-challenge with me and had fun - did bear crawls, crab walks, jumping, etc. Looking to do this again.

1 Point per Activity, but at least 3 activities have to be done to get credit. Alternating points between wisdom and charisma because it is not only wise to play with your kids, set the standard in fitness for them and to get them to have fun with fitness - but playing and interacting with my girls helps keep me young and, well...charismatic!

Total points available: 4

Food Goal: 32/42 minimum for positive treat choices and lunches (grade B).

Weight Goal:Maintain or drop below 179.6lbs.

Last challenge I began a great habit of making sure I was bringing a good solid lunch everyday for work. This turned into having good salad (not just lettuce) and a small portion of protein: chicken, beef or shrimp every day at lunch.

For example, my lunch today at work is a salad with broccoli, celery, carrots and green peppers. The protein for today is a serving of boneless beef rib meat.

I also incorporated choosing better treats for myself as part of the prior challenge. Both of these things were designed in order for me to drop below the 180lb mark. My final weigh in was 179.6. I did notice however that my weight would fluctuate week over week between 179 to 181 during the entire challenge. I weighed in this morning for example at 180.2. I'm putting this back in the challenge to help solidify the habit of my lunches and also to keep my weight in the 179 or lower range, however I am upgrading the challenge to include lunches on the weekend too. I don't think I can lose much more, but as you can see from my updated pictures, the 'flab' around my midsection looks like its starting to just 'hang' there, like its just waiting for the right time to melt and fall off. Another positive - I've had at least 3 co-workers all ask me about my weight loss, food and workout habits and multiple customers are now noticing me "losing weight" although I've hovered around 180 - 182 for a long time and only recently dropped to the 179 range - I personally chalk it up to replacing fat with lean muscle mass. Either way: WIN.

I will continue with the weekly grading system for the lunches and deserts/treats. The only difference is that I will not be 'docking' points for making a wrong choice, I will instead just forfeit the point that I could have earned for the day. Total possible each week are 7/7 for lunch and 7/7 for treats.

There is, of course, 42 days in 6weeks, so 42 points on the table for the positive treat choice and 42 for the positive lunches. I chose Charsima this time, because I've noticed it takes more will power than wisdom in choosing the right treats, especially with Dr Idgaf shows up. I will be using percentage grading system just like the challenge, but a D = F in my book for diet/weight, so: A = +1, B = +.75, C = +.50 & D/F = fail/no points.

Food Points: +2 Constitution

Weight Points: +1 Constitution and +1 Charisma (cause I look better every day I work out ;) )

Total Points Available: 4

Life Goal: 435/580 Customer Calls (min grade B)

I am continuing the work production as my life goal. It definitely helped me generate more business and I need to make as much $$$ as possible to pay for the little rebel's medical bills that are due. Since helping my customers is what brings in the production and potential to increase my paycheck, I am making a goal to call on twenty customers every day during the 29 days of this challenge. Every call equals 1 point, with 580 calls on the table. "Good" Loan applications (ones that will/should book) = 5pts and loan closings = 5pts. I am putting the loan application/booking factor into play because both of those take time to get done properly and can hinder my calling times that are available to me. I will be using the percentage of calls made as grading system which will line up with the rebellion grading system. A = +2 Charisma, B = +1.50 Charisma, C = +1 Charisma, D = +.50 Charisma

Total Points Available: 2

Nemesis: Dr. Idgaf (acrostic for: I Dont Give A F&%$). For those who have been keeping tabs on me, you already know who Idgaf is. As a recap: The Evil Dr. Idgaf is the worst version of me: ugly, lazy, complacent, apathetic, lazy, very convincing in his ability to make excuses, angry and spiteful, and an uncanny ability to consume enough sweets to put Chewbacca into a sugar coma. The more I level up my life, the weaker Idgaf becomes.

In order to keep things as smart and simple as possible, I will be posting my overall weekly progress here in this thread like I did the prior challenge. For my Pull Up count I will be using my NF Blog to track more in detail. And, of course, if there is an RPG storyline element like there was last challenge, I will probably create a thread for that, or join a thread made for the Assassins.

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

Glad your attacking the pull ups again, inspired me to make a pull goal for myself this go around.

Nice! Get after it man, if you need any help, feel free to use me for input. See you at the top of the bar! :)

Dr. Idgaf is going down!!!

I'm hoping to get from 6 - 10 on the pulls this challenge. We'll see. I'm currently... stuck.

Side note: Where did Idgaf get his doctorate and in what? ;)

you'll get unstuck, of that i am very confident. as far as idgaf, he has a doctorate from "Whine and Complain and be a no solution pain in the ass University"

Hey Kenobi.

I reside on a little spot on the map about as far from the USA as possible. Mauritius be a tiny island stuck out in the middle of the Indian Ocean. About 4 hours flight east from Africa, about 6 hours flight west from Australia, pretty much straight south of India. The. Middle. Of. Nowhere!

But its a nice little island. Coconuts and banana trees and long white sandy beaches and a coral reef and eccentric Indian locals and stories of pirates and cyclones and such.

I grew up in the wild lands of South Africa, but once I got kids it started to feel a bit dangerous, so we fled to this little island a few years ago.

Life's good here. You should come visit.

'!!@"*

:::the exfiltration...if you could call it that, was slow and methodic. The Gallifreyan came out on top over Dr. Idgaf, however, like many of his fellow guild members, it appears he barely came out of it. He retraced his exact steps out of the throne room and castle, alogn the guard wall and down the south side. He did this for focus and to clear his mind, reflecting on the battle. 'Was it worth it?'...the words of Idgaf still lingering in his mind, a constant echo. Yes...yes it was. Every battle he wins against him, Idgaf grows weaker. He might appear stronger, but it is only smoke and mirrors. Once he reached the ground, The Gallifreyan reached inside his tunic feeling for the small, oddly designed rod that hung on a chain around his neck. Taking it off the chain, he leaned against the outer wall of the castle, pointed the rod - barely bigger than his hand - towards the hide he had stayed at for days before the assault. Pressing a button, a small red light appeared near the end that pointed towards the hide and a wierd buzzing noise sounded from the rod. After a few seconds, he stopped and put the rod back around his neck and under his tunic. A minute later a strong breeze came from nowhere and silently an odd shape imprinted on the ground. The trees and bushes looked like they were bending as if you looked at them through an oddly shaped glass. From the cloaked TARDIS, a small door slid open. The Gallifreyan walked in and minutes later, the shape and bending of the trees was gone from sight. Inside his brightly lit craft, the Gallifreyan collapsed on a long couch-like piece of furniture and fell asleep it had been a long while since he had stepped foot in his craft. Later, he poored over the data. From what he saw, there was still more to do here in this timeline. He might be an assassin from another planet entirely, but the guild knows no boundary of country, planet, race or people. The guild needed him here, for one reason or another, and there was still knowledge to regain...or unlock in his mind. He still wasn't sure how bad the damage was. He would move his craft back near a safe house in the realm and await for orders in the safe house itself.:::

This is how the storyline ended in the last challenge.

I felt that I should clarify a few things regarding my Gallifreyan character. If you recall my backstory, I am not THE Time Lord known as The Doctor, nor do I even want to copy him.

I took my storyline from different angles that presented themselves while watching the first 6 seasons. For instance, in the episode where the Doctor's TARDIS is "transformed" (no spoilers I promise), we learn that a good number of Time Lords have visited the place where the Doctor was. We also learn in different episodes that The Doctor's TARDIS is an older craft and that he 'stole' it, the hints are made to many other TARDIS crafts there were in operation, newer TARDIS crafts, etc and that his was almost in antiquity or something along those lines (but I'm must say here, that I am not a very knowledgeable person on all things Whovian, I'm basing all Time-Lord related materials on what I've learned from the show itself). For a long time, the Doctor's craft was 'broken' and only took the shape of the famous Blue Police Box, now its not so clear as whether she is still 'broken' or if its part of her personality now, etc. With the use of the sonic device, you'll notice its size and 'light color', much different than The Doctors and in the show he came across others who had sonic devices as well. Hopefully by now, you will understand that I'm not trying to duplicate a beloved "Mad Man in a box".

Regarding Kenobi the Gallifreyan, I've written him very much as an Assassin who happens to be a Gallifreyan. He is a Time Lord, but due to circumstances that have happened to him, things are 'clicking' right in his head - memories, skills, things that he had learned and mastered are now being relearned, etc.

Anywho...just wanted to clarify so when you see certain things in my storyline, you'll have a better understanding and hopefully, enjoy the ride. :)

If it isn't the original NF Galifreyan himself. No metcons for those two hearts of yours?

Joking aside, I am excited to see this. :)

had to look up what met-con meant. hahahaha. thanks man! maybe next time i'll do some :)

Great goals! Good luck on the pullups and good job on getting your family involved!

Just google mapped you. WOW! You aren't kidding! I think I will have to put your island on my list of places to visit!

I'm going to steal this.

LEVEL III ASSASSIN-MONK

STR: 8   STA: 10

AGI: 10   WIS: 5

CON: 7   CHA: 4

We must DARE to be GREAT;

and we must realize that GREATNESS is

the FRUIT of TOIL and SACRIFICE and HIGH COURAGE

Great goals! Good luck on the pullups and good job on getting your family involved!

I'm going to steal this.

Thanks man, much appreciated. Sounds like Kingmuzza might see a Rebel meet up on his own island! haha!

Yeay! Great challenge. Officially subscribed :) I love your family fitness goal as well. Can't wait to see how it goes!

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

Nice goals sir.. Great idea to incorporate fitness and spending quality family time! Although not a goal, I'm trying to incorporate that one into my family's lives as well. My oldest daughter and I are taking weekly beginning parkour classes.. and my wife and I just started taking Movnat classes.. Playing with my 3.6 year old at the park has shown to be a workout in its own right as well! Little kids are great to mimic for natural movement and play.. they don't need instruction, its usually the older folks!

I like your pull up progress and have been following it even before I became a member; I'm right around where you are.. 10 pullups is my max ATM. Gonna be focusing on trying to get my first bar muscle-up!

You provided good updates on your previous challenge, so I will be interested in seeing you succeed!

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. - Bruce Lee

Nice goals sir.. Great idea to incorporate fitness and spending quality family time! Although not a goal, I'm trying to incorporate that one into my family's lives as well. My oldest daughter and I are taking weekly beginning parkour classes.. and my wife and I just started taking Movnat classes.. Playing with my 3.6 year old at the park has shown to be a workout in its own right as well! Little kids are great to mimic for natural movement and play.. they don't need instruction, its usually the older folks!

I like your pull up progress and have been following it even before I became a member; I'm right around where you are.. 10 pullups is my max ATM. Gonna be focusing on trying to get my first bar muscle-up!

You provided good updates on your previous challenge, so I will interested in seeing you succeed!

It is an honor. Thank you Don!

Movnat and some of the stuff that they do actually inspired me about 8 months ago to try and incorporate some Movnat based exercises and make them like a game with the kids: ie - doing a follow the leader walk where everyone does exactly what the leader does. This last challenge provided a great opportunity to put it into action a little bit. This one, I wanted to incorporate it as part of my challenge in order to put it more into practice.

Go get that muscle up man!

So....since last week was our 'off' week. I got the cravings out of my system, had two poor junk food dinners (not back to back) and a handful of desserts. Now that all that is out of my system, I'm focused on knocking this challenge out!

Last night, a buddy brought over some of his workout gear for me to try out. He brought olympic rings and a kettlebell! I think I've found a new love!

I hooked up the rings last night and did two strict form pushups: interesting. I didn't like that my hands touched the pushup bars that are on the "feet" of my power tower, so I felt I was robbing myself of utilizing more of the stabilizer muscles. So, I adjusted the rings again, now clear of the feet and pushup bars and then grabbed a chair for my feet to try out some elevated push ups on the rings.

I got into position: OH HELLS YES! Immediately I felt my body firing up and engaging. I did two elevated pushups and called it quits, the second one I let out a rebel grunt to get it done.

I did a couple pulls, but eh...with the height of my tower, even with the rings adjusted, i didn't like the height. However, it still provides a good workout, mainly because I went right from a pull to a chin without thinking about it. So it definitely helps with your peformance. I would just prefer the rings to be higher for the pulls (playground anyone? ;) ).

I REALLY REALLY REALLY like the rings. I will definitely be buying me some!

Kettlebell: I can't remember the weight he brought over, but it was enough. Went through some exercises - clean & press, kettlebell swing, and a few others. Yeah, the Kenobi likes the Kettlebell. Will have to add that to my equipment aiding me in my pursuit of badassery.

With gear, I've made it a rule that I cannot buy things until I can do a certain type of exercise. For example - the rings - I will not buy the rings until I can do at least 25 elevated good form pushups.

So, going into Column 2 - Week 1, Day 1 tonight for my pull program. I am a little tender from yesterday and didn't even work that much! I love it.

Will be reporting as usual in the next four hours or so with the results of my pulls.

Much love for my fellow rebels!

I agree kettlebells are fun! I had junk food on my break too. Some potato chips (yes I stll do love them) frosting and lots of coconut milk ice cream. I was going to have french fries but they were coated in wheat-and my body can't hack the wheat.

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I agree kettlebells are fun! I had junk food on my break too. Some potato chips (yes I stll do love them) frosting and lots of coconut milk ice cream. I was going to have french fries but they were coated in wheat-and my body can't hack the wheat.

Es no bueno when your body doesn't agree with something. Next break, you can find some good french fries! ;) I did notice that my body is like: DUDE WTF?!?! With all the sweets....lets just say: its been a gas. Hahahaha

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines