1/2 Brady Bunch Challenge

This mornings BW workout 5:20 AM

3 sets each:

1. Dumbell Rows 15 /15/15 at 30 pounds

2. BW Squats 20/20/20

3. Push Ups 10/10/10

4. Hip Raises 20/20/20

5. Plank 30 /30/30

Tomorrow and Friday I have to be to work four hours early so it's bedtime now and my morning workouts will be delayed by 12 hours. Went for a 30 minute walk with the family while two rode bikes and one his skateboard. It was really nice to walk around the neighborhood. Got to see some nice gardens that we normally don't see.

I figured I would post my plans here for the rest of the month as per mini challenge 2. No post yesterday as I went into work at 2am not enough sleep between Wednesday night and Thursday night.

DONE! Th 8/16 - Mwod + Yoga - Complete yesterday after work Kids paleo dinner Home made chicken Nuggets, grilled sweet potato wedges & mini sweet peppers, onions, carrots. After dinner was a run in the park with the kids and wife, as usual we jog on flat surfaces, walk down hills, sprint uphill and do 5 push ups on each bench we pass.

DONE! Fri 8/17 - Bodyweight Workout as noted in challenge. Get flowers for my wife, the roses from last week are done.

DONE! Sat 8/18 - 60 min outdoor activity (run / bike / play) if raining indoor activity (stationary bike)

Sun 8/19 - Rest Day

DONE! Mon 8/20 - Bodyweight Workout as noted in challenge. (increase reps for each by 5, increase plank by minimum 5Sec) increase to take effect entire week.

DONE! Tue 8/21 - Mwod + Yoga \ Run with kids

DONE! Wed 8/22 - Bodyweight Workout as noted in challenge. Kids paleo dinner (Chili)

DONE!Th 8/23 - Mwod + Yoga \ Run with kids

Above plan for +1 Wis

Below plan for +1 Con

DONE! Fri 8/24 - Bodyweight Workout as noted in challenge. Flowers will be purchased on the way home today. 6.99 for a dozen roses! I will arrange these with the brightly colored Daisys that are still alive and well.

DONE! Sat 8/25 - 60 min outdoor activity (run / bike / play) if raining indoor activity (stationary bike)

DONE! Sun 8/26 - Rest Day

DONE! Mon 8/27 - Bodyweight Workout as noted in challenge. (increase reps for each by 5, increase plank by minimum 10Sec) increase to take effect entire week.

DONE! Tues 8/28 - Mwod + Yoga \ Run with kids

DONE! Wed 8/29 -Bodyweight Workout as noted in challenge. Kids Paleo Dinner

DONE! Thursday -Mwod + Yoga \ Run with kids

DONE! Friday -08/31 Bodyweight Workout as noted in challenge. Flowers

[ATTACH]5231[/ATTACH]flowers and a rose by any other name. My wife and I spent our second anniversary in a condo in Door county, Wi. We spent a lot of time tasting wines and ended up at Stones Throw winery. Her favorite wine was the rose I am glad I can get it in Lake Geneva now.

Workout for Friday completed a little later than normal but my body refused to get up earlier than 2 am to get it done this morning. I will be school supply shopping tomorrow and will ride my bike while my wife works tomorrow night.

post-7796-13567244800327_thumb.jpg

Woo hoo thanks to MamaT for challenging me to makes plans. I decided to toughen up my challenge for the remainder of the month. Consider my butt kicked this morning.

3 sets each:

1. Dumbell Rows 20r/20l /20r/17l 17r/16l at 30 pounds

2. BW Squats 25/25/25

3. Push Ups 15 / 15 / 15

4. Hip Raises 25/25/25

5. Plank 35 / 35 / 35

I was exhausted by the end for the first time during a workout. I think I needed a kick in the pants to focus up and really nail this.

On a side note my wife and I had a conversation about the changes I have made and how she can't make any changes. She is an insulin resistant person relying on medicines to help. She want to sit down with the doctor and see what pills she can stop taking during a whole 30. I have been waiting for her to want to make this change since I started eating paleo and read it starts with food and came to understand what is happening with the junk I was filling myself with. Hopefully she will read iswf and see that a life with less drugs may be a possibility. She has already cut bread out of home life for herself. We are on our way, we just need to make the appointment and talk through what we want to do with the doctor.

Wed morning BW workout 5:20 AM

3 sets each:

1. Dumbell Rows 20r/20l /20r/18l 18r/17l at 30 pounds

2. BW Squats 25/25/25

3. Push Ups 15 / 15 / 15

4. Hip Raises 25/25/25

5. Plank 35 / 35 / 35

Morning Yoga routine and MWOD 15 this morning

We have been super busy at work so the updates may come less frequent as I am trying to get to bed earlier and get more sleep. I will keep this updated, maybe not on a daily basis but often. I also started tracking my food, I want to ensure I am meeting my nutritional needs and without tracking it I think I get slack with how much I eat. As I have said before I am Paleo about 95 % of the time. I eat until I am full and don't snack between meals as I am not hungry. I tend to take shortcuts with the meals if I am not tracking, leaving out vegetables and eating a sweet potato instead. This will make me accountable for my food choices and help me reach my goals.

Friday morning BW workout 5:20 AM

3 sets each:

1. Dumbell Rows 20r/20l /18r/18l 15r/15l at 30 pounds

2. BW Squats 25/25/25

3. Push Ups 15 / 15 / 15

4. Hip Raises 25/25/25

5. Plank 35 / 35 / 35

Good workout this morning. My mother in law comes to visit from Michigan tonight and is staying most of the week. I will have to move my regularly scheduled living room workout to the basement for most of next week. It might be moved down there permanently depending on how it goes and how cold it gets down there in the winter.

We will be spending Saturday at the Milwaukee County Zoo.

u4apage5.jpg

Fridays flowers combined with last Fridays flowers to double up the total.

Cheese kicked my butt yesterday and continued to this morning my workout had to be paused due to intestinal issues. I hope it's cleared up by days end so I can finish the workout.

Week 3 update

Paleo kids meals are going as planned. They seem to be ok to transitioning to eating whole real foods. Pull up work is going as planned my chin is almost over the bar. Workouts are being completed as planned. Flowers are a huge success! Three more weeks then on to the lifetime.

3 sets each:

1. Dumbell Rows 23r/23l /22r/21l 20r/20l at 30 pounds

2. BW Squats 30/30/30

3. Push Ups 17/17/15

4. Hip Raises 40/40/40

5. Plank 40/40/42

I did Mondays BW workout but just spaced out on posting the update here. The workout was extremely similar to the one I have posted above.

I weighed in at 235.6 pounds on Sunday and can really notice the change in my body composition. I have before pics and have take more pics every two weeks.

My wife bought whole lot of beef yesterday, steak, steak and more steaks. I was super excited because we never buy steak as we are extremely frugal and beef is expensive. Apparently flowers every week leads to six boxes of steak... I have been eating Paleo since mid June and at first she said it was another one of my fad diets, which I used to do for two weeks at a time and never stuck with any of them and never lost any significant weight. She said I need it because of the way I eat now, hello lifestyle change goodbye diets.

I have a special surprise for my wife for week six of the challenge. She will be getting something a little more permanent than flowers, what is it stay tuned for 2 1/2 more weeks and find out...

Morning Yoga and MWOD 20 on Thursday as planned.

3 sets each:

1. Dumbell Rows 24r/24l /22r/21l 20r/20l at 30 pounds

2. BW Squats 30/30/30

3. Push Ups 17/17/16

4. Hip Raises 40/40/40

5. Plank 40/40/38

It was a good workout week this week. With that planned workout I earned +1 CON from challenge #2. A cool down was included after every BW workout this week as that was my goal for challenge #3. I will be spending a day at the county fair this weekend. Not planning on eating non paleo but we will see what calls my name at the fair.

Monday mornings BW workout

3 sets each:

1. Dumbell Rows 26r/25l /26r/25l 23r/23l at 30 pounds

2. BW Squats 35/35/35

3. Push Ups 20/20/20

4. Hip Raises 45/45/45

5. Plank 40/38/38

Morning Yoga and MWOD 21 on Tuesday as planned.

3 sets each:

1. Dumbell Rows 28r/28l /26r/25l 23r/23l at 30 pounds

2. BW Squats 35/35/35

3. Push Ups 20/20/20

4. Hip Raises 45/45/45

5. Plank 42/40/38

It was indeed a pull up and another one followed the next day just to be certain.

I missed a few days of updates in there but everything's going as planned.

Looking forward to the end of the challenge as I like to change my workout routines around quite a bit Figured I would take a few minutes with my coffee on the new patio this summer and enjoy the morning sun. We put thr patio in over our old veggie garden. When we ended up turning the soil over we got a pleasant surprise and huge cost savings for the three boys. We have a pumpkin patch growing next to our patio. Free jack o lanterns this year!

Since this is the last week of this challenge I have to decide which flowers to get for the last week.

I am leaning towards the hand made cuff over the commercially produced necklace. [ATTACH]5333[/ATTACH]

The cuff she has saved as a favorite, the garnet necklace I found on my own and will match her garnet earrings. Our wedding anniversary is coming up in October so there is a good chance she will end up with both of them.

Everyone chime in with choices for flowers this week. She has been bugging me about spending so much money on flowers that die so I figure here are some flowers that will not die, wilt, or lose any petals.

post-7796-13567244858948_thumb.jpg

post-7796-13567244859087_thumb.jpg

Yesterday was Mwod 24 and Yoga in the AM

3 sets each:

1.Dumbell Rows 10 at 20#

2.BW Squats 15

3.Push Ups 10

4.Hip Raises 15

5.Plank 30 Sec

I dialed it down so I not burn out and quit like has happened in the past.

I will be ordering the bracelet on the 15th of this month so it will arrive slightly after the week is over. The flowers from last week and the week before are still alive and kicking so there is definitely no lack of flowers around the house.

Wook - I'm late to the party here and I must admit to being a little envious of your posting frequency. Great job! I look forward to tackling the next challenge and keeping tabs on your progress along the way.

Ranger Adam
STR:3 | DEX:8 | STA:7 | CON:7 | WIS:7 | CHA:3.5
My Current Challenge | MyFitnessPal

"It is very wrong for people to feel deeply sad when they lose some money, yet when they waste the precious moments of their lives, they do not have the slightest feeling of repentance." - Dalai Lama

Thanks Adamallen I don't post daily but managed to keep up with it for the entire six weeks. I will be following your next challenge and post there too so you can get fancy email reminders that someone posted.

I am looking forward to the next challenge. My wife is almost expecting flowers on Fridays at this point and is rather annoyed that I am spending money on something the dies so quickly. So I am really looking forward to the final flowers which have been ordered but not delivered.

I have had excellent success with this challenge and am looking to continue this moving forward. Next challenge I might log all my foods. I have an empty photo album and thousands of photos that need printing and mounting might see what I can do there. That's either going to be digital album or physical haven't decided yet. I will plan these out and have some time to finalize it before it happens. I will post a wrap up in the next few days. I might even post some progress photos. I have taken photos every two weeks during thr challenge and while weekly I don't notice too much difference I do notice changes from first to last. Thanks for checking out my thread.

Challenge Summary:

Starting Stats:

Level 1 UberHairy Adventurer Challenge starting stats: STR: 2 DEX: 2 STA: 2 CON: 3 WIS: 3 CHA: 3

Fitness:

1.I will do my first pull up ever. I am breaking up my stats for this one because I believe it is going to take both strengh and stamina to get my chin above the bar. +3 Str +2 Sta

Complete, I have done 6 seperate pullups on 6 seperate occasion. I give myself an A for this goal.

2. I will follow the following fitness schedule and stick with it. I will be doing a BW workout on MWF and will be doing a Yoga / MWOD workout on T & TH I am currently doing a BW workout on MWF and yoga/MWOD on T & Th but its different every time. +2 Str +2 Dex

I completed 18/18 BW workouts and 12/12 Yoga / MWODS. This goal also gets an A.

Diet:

3. I will make 1 Dinner per week full paleo for everyone eating. The current situation is more like Flo's Diner than family dinner time. Sandwiches for one, sausages for one, black olives for another. +3 Con

This goal was troublesome. The kids always want ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, bread, dessert, everything non paleo. I managed to get the kids 4/6 paleo meals through the challenge. During the challenge I was offered 2 hours of overtime any day I could stay late so I kind of ended up staying late on nights when I had planned paleo dinners and if I am not home anything goes for dinner. I will give myself a B- for this goal.

Life:

4. I will buy my wife flowers 1 time per week because she is amazing and deserves them. +3 Cha

This goal was a huge success, I did get here flowers 5/6 weeks and for the last week I got her a bracelet with flowers on it. This goal gets the big A.

Points from Mini-Challenges:

+2 WIS, +2 CON

I also participated in Athena's "Missing the mini Challenges" for no stat points and Athena's "Final Mini Challenge" for no stat points.

FINAL GRADE & STATS:

Level 2 UberHairy Adventurer

STR: 7 DEX: 4 STA: 4 CON: 7 WIS: 5 CHA: 6

Overall Grade: A

Left side images are before the six week challenge right side are the last Sunday of the challenge. The belt as you can tell has been well used. The destroyed part is where I wore it when I started this challenge and the screwdriver is where I am currently wearing this belt as I type!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines