1/2 Brady Bunch Challenge

Thanks Angel I really gave it my all for this first challenge and plan on doubling that effort for the next one.

Well done! You blew those goals out of the water this challenge!

I was pondering your troubles in getting the kids to eat healthy, and thinking it wasn't so hard, but then I remembered your goal is healthy *paleo* meals for all. My kids are adapting to the healthier food regime, but then, they're still getting potatoes and tomato sauce etc., and often a dessert too (even if we adults don't have them), so that's a much easier path for me than yours.

Future plans will be modified accordingly. I will find "healthy" condiments using real sugar instead of HFCS and minus all the other yuck. They ate the paleo foods just fine and ate more veggies than usual.

Hey, nice work! Sounds like it's tough having a goal that's dependent on other people - good idea modifying the future goals to take into account the kids' love of ketchup, etc. And WOW on the pullup achievement, that's awesome.

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Hey, nice work! Sounds like it's tough having a goal that's dependent on other people - good idea modifying the future goals to take into account the kids' love of ketchup, etc. And WOW on the pullup achievement, that's awesome.

Thanks Aeryn, this is my first challenge so I am glad I can take from it the lesson of not setting goals dependent on others. I will definitely keep this in mind as I set goals for challenge #2.

Yeah I figured I would get brave and post the before and after photos. I figure this is just the start of my weight loss journey and know it will take more weight loss to really be noticeable. I started losing in June and did not get a before photo so I missed my chance for a picture at my largest. My plan is to not get that big again so I won't get another chance to take a starting pic.

I think you did a great job with this challenge! You checked in often, stayed accountable, did what you set out to do and then some!! Excellent!! :)

Also, flowers in the form of a bracelet for the final week was a nice touch. Those ones she can keep!

I was on the fence about doing another challenge right away, but you have helped me to decide to just go for it...excuse me while I go figure out my new goals, and thanks for the inspiration! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mostly Human Adventurer

* STR 3 * DEX 2 * STA 2 * CON 5 * WIS 4 * CHA 3 *

Current Challenge

Join me on fitocracy

"It ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.

How much you can take, and keep moving forward.

That's how winning is done." ~ Rocky Balboa

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines