Laney's Quest Log of Epicness!

Laney

Man, you're doing great! I'm not only impressed with your progress, but also with how good you are at logging! =)

In other news, we drunk-wedding-danced on the same night! =D

Caitriona - Gallifreyan Adventurer
Level 1

STR:1 :: DEX:3 :: STA:2 :: CON:2 :: WIS:3 :: CHA:4

Man, you're doing great! I'm not only impressed with your progress, but also with how good you are at logging! =)

In other news, we drunk-wedding-danced on the same night! =D

Haha thanks! I've actually been using Noom for about 2 years so I'm really good at remembering what I ate XD

Isn't drunk wedding dancing the best? Lol!

This is quite the epic log! Your consistency and dedication to logging everything is inspiring. *Decides to edit his offline log to be neater*

Keep it up! You're doing great.

Haha aww thanks, glad I can inspire! Even if I cheat on my diet a lot :'(

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

Thursday 8-23-12

Food: Breakfast- "bulletproof" tea, lunch- (There was an office party, then we went to the salad bar. I ate lots of junk but luckily still under my calories :) ) salad, fruit, M&Ms, a small piece of kringle, dinner- chicken, snack- half protein bar, grapes. ~1,300 calories

Exercise: HIIT run, 6 fast (up to speed 6.8), 2 cooldown

Daily Quest: Stretched AM & PM

Friday 8-24-12

Food: Breakfast- 2 eggs, iced tea latte, snack- grapes, peanut M&Ms... Lunch- steak salad, dinner- chicken breast with bacon, asparagus. ~1,200 calories

Exercise: Advanced BWW x2

Daily Quest: Stretched PM

| | Cosplay Blog | |

Saturday 8-25-12

Food: Breakfast- iced tea latte, 2 eggs with onion, snack- half rice krispie bar, lunch- carnitas fajita salad, dinner- turkey burger with egg, snack- brownie :( ~1,100 calories

Daily Quest: Stretched PM

Sunday 8-26-12

Food: Breakfast- 2 eggs, onion, bacon, half rice krispie bar, lunch- burger with egg and bacon, dinner- my boyfriend surprised me and took me out for dinner... I had *amazing* Risotto and a Long Island, and we split a Creme Brulee... No regrets! ~too many calories

Exercise: Nothing :(

Daily Quest: Failed :P

| | Cosplay Blog | |

I forgot to mention my pull-up bar came in the mail! I can't do a pull-up yet, but I can if I put a little of my weight on a chair... Way more intense than my bands! I'm also going to get more serious about my diet though, I normally don't cheat as much as I have these past few weeks... It's the damn birthdays and the Peanut M&Ms at my work, I already had half a cookie this morning (the guilt made me throw the other half away)...

EDIT: I made no candy my week 3 mini quest. I need discipline!

| | Cosplay Blog | |

You have to be the most consistent logger on NF. Its amazing to see everything you eat laid out before you and see how much you can actually eat and remain under your calorie limit.

I used to be a sweets addict, it was probably my major downfall on my occasions and killed many "diets" for me. Now that I am eating right and working out I can have sweets once in a great while without it derailing me and sending me into a eat everything sweet in the house tailspin. The kids still have fruit roll ups and granola bars I just don't crave them and am not interested in eating them at all. Good luck with your week 3 mini challenge I know you can do it, I bet your logging will help to keep you from eating the sweets. I know when I log what I eat I think to myself do I really want to write down 1/2 movie box of M&M's, the answer is always no.

You have to be the most consistent logger on NF. Its amazing to see everything you eat laid out before you and see how much you can actually eat and remain under your calorie limit.

I used to be a sweets addict, it was probably my major downfall on my occasions and killed many "diets" for me. Now that I am eating right and working out I can have sweets once in a great while without it derailing me and sending me into a eat everything sweet in the house tailspin. The kids still have fruit roll ups and granola bars I just don't crave them and am not interested in eating them at all. Good luck with your week 3 mini challenge I know you can do it, I bet your logging will help to keep you from eating the sweets. I know when I log what I eat I think to myself do I really want to write down 1/2 movie box of M&M's, the answer is always no.

Haha thanks! I know, I learned a while ago that not logging does not mean I didn't eat it, lol. I jokingly use a method I call 'spreading out the guilt' where I'll eat like 2 Sour Patch Kids, and leave the box on the counter... Maybe eat 2 or 3 the next day, works brilliantly XD

Also, it's surprising how much food you can actually have once you free yourself from the "diet food" traps. I used to eat Smart Ones and lots of bread, and I was never full... Now I'm hardly ever hungry :)

| | Cosplay Blog | |

Okay, Monday was the worst day ever. Turns out I caught the head cold my boyfriend had... Ate eggs for dinner, plus a cookie my boyfriend brought me, those came back up though. Along with everything else I ate last night... This morning was pretty crappy too, I was too lazy to cook so I had some oatmeal (no sugar added) and the OJ my bf brought me from the gas station. He also picked up Chipotle for me which unfortunately has rice, but I don't care right now. I'm happy my fever broke but I wish my head would feel better :(

Monday 8-27-12

Food: Breakfast- Iced tea latte, grapes, half a cookie :| , lunch- carnitas salad, dinner- eggs, snack- grapes, kiwi, pudding.

Exercise: Too sick

Daily Quest: :(

| | Cosplay Blog | |

Hope you feel better soon. When I was feeling sick late last week I was wondering what to do about it. I kind of did the angry bird workout with my typical exercises. If I felt like I could could bust out a set of push ups I would drop and do them. 30 seconds worth of squats while I waited for my work oven to cycle. By the end of the day I had busted out my entire workout with the exception of the upright rows. I ended up finishing those off late in the evening. It worked for me at the time. Good luck and don't workout before you are ready, not working out for a few days is much better than injuring yourself and not being able to workout for weeks.

Hope you feel better soon. When I was feeling sick late last week I was wondering what to do about it. I kind of did the angry bird workout with my typical exercises. If I felt like I could could bust out a set of push ups I would drop and do them. 30 seconds worth of squats while I waited for my work oven to cycle. By the end of the day I had busted out my entire workout with the exception of the upright rows. I ended up finishing those off late in the evening. It worked for me at the time. Good luck and don't workout before you are ready, not working out for a few days is much better than injuring yourself and not being able to workout for weeks.

That's a pretty good idea, thanks! I'm just so used to being able to breath properly that I'm worried about not being able to do anything. I'm definitely going to get something done tonight, my new pull-up bar isn't getting enough use hehe :D

| | Cosplay Blog | |

The rest of last weekend was sooo crazy! I was on staff for a first year anime/scifi convention in MN (running cosplay and registration) and I was CRAZY busy. Thursday I get to the convention and help set up for about 5 hours. Friday and Saturday I was staffing for about 13 hours each day (with limited choices and time for food), and then I might have gotten seriously drunk both evenings XD. Sunday and Monday were a lot more calm, but my shins hurt like MAD (not totally used to my Vibrams yet...) Monday I went to the State Fair and ate a whole bunch of junk and it was totally worth it. Such a great ending to an epic weekend. Now I have to hope I don't get con-plague and get back on track today :)

Thursday 8-30-2012

Food: Lunch- Chipotle Salad Bowl (paleo), iced tea latte, dinner- 1/3 lb bacon and cheese burger, fruit, half a cookie ~1,300 calories

Exercise: Walking around the convention

Friday 8-31-2012

Food: In the AM I was determined to stick with my diet. Hunger (and being on your feet busy as heck all day) will change that. Breakfast- hard boiled eggs, grapes, lunch- subway salad, dinner- small amount of spaghetti, 4 giant meatballs (nom nom nom), drinks- 2 long islands, x-rated shot, scoobie snack shot... Food I ate while drunk- pot stickers, Jack Daniel wings

Exercise: WALKING

Saturday 9-1-2012

Food: WTF Saturday, I woke up still drunk and I was so until I had breakfast around noon... Breakfast- fruit and granola parfait, 2 iced tea lattes (CAFFEINEEEEE), Lunch- 1/4 of a sandwich, dinner- DQ salad, a couple of onion rings and cheese curds, drinks- a few shots of apple pie (SO FREAKING GOOD....), 2 long islands, x-rated shot, some more long island (right out of the bottle baby! This ended with me trying to find a Prius in case I had to hurl...) Food I ate while drunk- Jack Daniel wings, potato skins, peanuts

Exercise: SO MUCH WALKING

Sunday 9-2-2012

Food: Sunday was far more reasonable. Breakfast (I was slightly hungover) 2 eggs, rice krispie bar, lunch- Reese's Puffs with milk (food at the hotel was limited...), dinner- meatloaf, snacks- grapes, mixed nuts. ~1,300 calories.

Exercise: More walking, mostly complaining

Monday 9-3-2012

Food: I went to the state fair... At least I can be honest with myself lmao. Mini doughnuts, Sweet Martha's cookies (they sell them in a bucket of 4 dozen, we probably ate a dozen, then pawned 2 dozen off on my parents. The rest are on my counter), a Belgian waffle with strawberries (best. waffle. ever). Went to my rent's after, had chips with dip and pork rost and beef roast for dinner. I probably ate over 2,000 calories today... Yeesh!

Exercise: Walked

Over the weekend I was on my feet for 40 hours (plus the ones I don't actually remember, probably closer to 50). Monday I was sore from my chin down to my toes, and today I'm back in the game haha.

| | Cosplay Blog | |

i look at your food... and i internally cringe. LOL Holy crap you log everything!

XD I can't tell if it's a bad habit or a good habit! After doing it for over 2 years I basically remember everything I eat and log it at night or the next morning XD

Your weekend sounds like a blast! Glad you had fun and still managed a nice number of your goals!

Haha I had so much fun, luckily all the walking made me feel less terrible about all the alcohol!

| | Cosplay Blog | |

Tuesday 9-4-2012

Food: Breakfast- 2 eggs, venison summer sausage, lunch- DQ Grilled Chicken Salad (didn't get the fat-free dressing I asked for... That plus the few onion rings I ate made this salad pretty high calorie :| ) dinner- grass fed burger with cheese, steamed veggies, small amount of puppy chow ~1,500 calories.

Exercise: Advanced BWW x1 (SO SORE, wtf legs)

| | Cosplay Blog | |

Life + Work = too stressful. the week of the 5th was okay but all of last week was just a whirlwind of BS at work (which followed me home) and my BF having a hundred different things to do. Yesterday (Sunday) was amazing, I had the apartment to myself and I sat on my arse and did absolutely nothing (okay, I sewed a lot and read a lot and ate Twizzlers, but besides that...)

Wednesday 9-5-2012

Food: Breakfast- eggs, lunch- chicken salad, dinner- paleo meatloaf, snacks- grapes, peanuts, protein bar. ~1,500 calories

Thursday 9-6-2012

Food: Breakfast- eggs, lunch- chicken salad, dinner- paleo meatloaf, snacks- grapes, peanuts, protein bar. ~1,500 calories

Exercise: Short run, about 2 miles

Friday 9-7-2012

Food: Breakfast- eggs, lunch- chicken salad (sensing a trend here?...), dinner- chicken, snacks- protein bar. Went to my BFF's house (like 2 hours away...) and had some alcoholic apple pie, ~1,200 calories

Exercise: Couch surfing

Saturday 9-8-2012

Food: Lunch- burger with egg, cheese and some onion rings, dinner- hot dog, half a hamburger, chips and junk food (at a house warming party), alcohol- too much. ~2,000 calories

Exercise:

Sunday 9-9-2012

Food: Breakfast- hangover, eggs and bacon, lunch- Chipotle salad bowl, dinner- turkey kielbasa, veggies, grapes ~1,200 calories

Exercise: Nothing

Monday 9-10-2012

Food: Breakfast- eggs, lunch- chicken salad, dinner- steak and eggs, snacks- DQ sugar free fudge bar, grapes ~1,000 calories

Tuesday 9-11-2012

Food: Breakfast- small omelette, lunch- chicken salad, dinner- almond flour breaded cod, snacks- iced tea latte, grapes, peanuts, part of a dilly bar ~1,200 calories

Exercise: Nothing :(

Wednesday 9-12-2012

Food: Breakfast- small omelette, lunch- chicken salad, dinner- Chipotle salad bowl, snacks- part of a dilly bar, half rice krispie bar ~1,100 calories

Exercise: Nope

Thursday 9-13-2012

Food: Breakfast- small omelette, lunch- chicken salad, dinner- turkey burger, veggies, snacks- bagel and schmear (at work) ~1,100

Friday 9-14-2012

Food: Breakfast- small omelette, lunch- chicken salad, dinner-turkey burger ~1,400 calories

Saturday 9-15-2012

Food: Breakfast- small omelette, iced tea latte, lunch- Chipotle salad bowl, dinner- half a burger, some wings, 2 long Islands ~1,700 calories

Sunday9-16-2012

Food: Breakfast- small omelette, lunch- turkey burger, veggies, dinner- Chipotle salad bowl, junk- Twizlers, rice krispie, dark chocolate ~1,600 calories

| | Cosplay Blog | |

There's a wall of epic food logging right there. I always start logging then stop, it's not that I eat junk and don't want to log it I jus forget.

Work can get stressful for everyone. Do you have a way to relax before you get home or some way of "leaving" your stress at the door at work. You can always pick it up tomorrow on the way in the door. I have a 45 minute commute I roll down the windows crank up the tunes and by the time I get home I don't remember work at all.

Looking forward to your wrap up and the next challenge.

There's a wall of epic food logging right there. I always start logging then stop, it's not that I eat junk and don't want to log it I jus forget.

Work can get stressful for everyone. Do you have a way to relax before you get home or some way of "leaving" your stress at the door at work. You can always pick it up tomorrow on the way in the door. I have a 45 minute commute I roll down the windows crank up the tunes and by the time I get home I don't remember work at all.

Looking forward to your wrap up and the next challenge.

I do basically the same thing! The drive home with music is definitely the best, plus some TV and frozen grapes. I just have to get back into the routine of working out I suppose, and maybe turn off work emails on my phone!

Thanks for all the support Wook :D:love_heart:

| | Cosplay Blog | |

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines