Awakening the Battle Mage

Blaidd

Weak 3 Update (no, that's not spelt wrong)!

Luckily it was only Tuesday to Friday that i struggled. A tummy bug went around the office, so that could possibly be what i was fighting off.

I noticed the misspelling of week and had to reread it to be sure, then read the parenthetical statement. Also, I love that you spelt "spelt" as spelt, that form isn't used often enough.

Glad to hear that you are over the bug!

On Sunday, i did a 10km charity walk (you mad? i would never run that far!! well not yet anyway). My BFF (and sidekick) messaged me at 3am to tell me that she's too drunk (and still drinking) to bother walking with me, so i was on my own. That made me mad, but i let it go - no negativity in my life - so i got up, made an epic playlist, went back to bed for another 2 hours sleep and then headed out on my own to the walk. The first 6km was miserable as we walked along the beach front in miserable weather with the vicious waves continuously drenching us (also there were 10's of 1000's of people walking and no one scattered for the first 2km so it was crowded). i was ok cos i had my music and although i detest crowds (i think i might have slight agoraphobic tendencies), it was ok. I got to the half way mark and thought, this is actually not bad. Then it started raining!! Really rain too?? It stopped after 15min at which point i had about 2 - 3km to go and i had picked up moment. The last 1km was the hardest, i developed a blister on my big toe and i desperately needed to go to the loo (i'm snooty, there is no way i am using a port-a-loo), but i made it to the end and then onto home. I had decided to use runkeeper while i was going (because there were so many you actually start walking from about 700m back) so my official stats were: 11.47km (or 7.13miles) in 2h4m39s. so a little under 5.5km/h for speed. Woohoo me!!

Way to go! I don't think I could do a 10k walk. Well, I could if I had to, but not by choice, and definitely not with so many people. I'm very much more agoraphobic than you must be. I get very tense around small crowds.

3. Paleo/Primal - this went to pot after the fatigue kicked in. I was getting additional carbs from the energy drinks plus i needed to get veggies in for immune boosting. I just gave up thinking about the diet and concentrated on just having enough energy to get through my days and do my normal stuff. I did however think that thursday was a good day to dedicate to my IF day and that actually went pretty well. I was on the butt end of the biophysical warfare and managed to get as far as the 20hour mark before i couldn't anymore. I broke my fast with half a protein bar, but then couldn't manage to get anything else down that evening. I was of course ravenous by breakfast time and inhaled a big breakfast of eggs, fruit and bacon (I love bacon) - kept it pretty primal! On Sunday after the walk i wasn't particularly hungry so settled for butternut soup for a late lunch/early dinner.

No worries about the diet, you had to do what you needed. Your general health and wellbeing comes before a prescribed diet.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Also, I love that you spelt "spelt" as spelt, that form isn't used often enough.

There's another way to spell it?

Way to go! I don't think I could do a 10k walk. Well, I could if I had to, but not by choice, and definitely not with so many people. I'm very much more agoraphobic than you must be. I get very tense around small crowds.

Yeah the tons of people were a little scary, but the 10km was relatively easy. I do at least one 5km walk a week, so i thought as a challenge i wanted to double that. i know how you feel about crowds - i have all my xmas shopping done by 1 Dec, otherwise the last bits get bought online. I refuse point blank to go near a shop in December. The crowds make me anxious.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Turns out my assistant probably went into prem labour in the office this morning!! She walked into my office and was all like "i'm bleeding, i need to go to the hospital"! Off we went and the doctors think she's gone into labour. Neither of us was prepared for that - she hasn't packed her hospital bag yet and the temp is only supposed to start in a month!! After her hubby got there, i popped round to her place, packed a bag for her (no idea what goes in the thing), dropped it off and headed back to the office to process the factory's wages (normally her job)!! Waiting for her hubby to call with the final diagnosis (either phantom labour or we'll have a little girl in our midst soon enough). What a morning!!

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

Turns out my assistant probably went into prem labour in the office this morning!! She walked into my office and was all like "i'm bleeding, i need to go to the hospital"! Off we went and the doctors think she's gone into labour. Neither of us was prepared for that - she hasn't packed her hospital bag yet and the temp is only supposed to start in a month!! After her hubby got there, i popped round to her place, packed a bag for her (no idea what goes in the thing), dropped it off and headed back to the office to process the factory's wages (normally her job)!! Waiting for her hubby to call with the final diagnosis (either phantom labour or we'll have a little girl in our midst soon enough). What a morning!!

Well that's quite the adventure! Holding thumbs that everything went perfect and that there's an adorable healthy little girl stealing all the attention in the maternity ward now :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gallifreyan Jackal Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 3 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Introduction

CURRENT CHALLENGE!
(seriously updated, for reals guys)

Well that's quite the adventure! Holding thumbs that everything went perfect and that there's an adorable healthy little girl stealing all the attention in the maternity ward now :D

A little girl was born at 2pm that day! She's being named tmrw so don't know yet. I can't tell you if she's cute cos I have a hard time saying babies are cute if they're not! They have scrunched up faces and are pink like rats!!They might become gorgeous little kids though and then I'll gush like a broken faucet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My challenge

A little girl was born at 2pm that day! She's being named tmrw so don't know yet. I can't tell you if she's cute cos I have a hard time saying babies are cute if they're not! They have scrunched up faces and are pink like rats!!They might become gorgeous little kids though and then I'll gush like a broken faucet!

First thoughts were "Tmrw" is a really odd name, then I understood it meant tomorrow. Haha

And finally someone sees babies the same way that I do! I can't say a baby is cute either since they all basically look like mini, pink Hutts to me

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

YAY! I'm also of the opinion that babies just look like little naked mole rats and along with the smell (stale milk, vomit, poo, etc...) and noise, are not really that cute. But apparently it's not good manners to say so :) So I usually manage an "Awwww-how precious!" because an angry woman post-birth is not someone you want to tangle with! At least now that Leadchipmunk has put the image of tiny pink Hutts in my mind, my smile will at least be genuine when I say it :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Introduction

CURRENT CHALLENGE!

Week 4 Update

I said i would try and update my post daily, but honestly I've become such a productivity ninja that updating my posts on NF just don't get priority (sorry peeps)! I have just enough time to pop into a few threads and make quick comments on my friend's progress, so i had to schedule in an update today. Hell, i had to schedule in lunch and a loo break because it's just a little mad here at the moment! It's month end - it normally takes me 3 full days to complete and my assistant 5 full days, now i have to do both sets of work! That's 8 full days of work that has to be done in 5 days! Earlier today i complained that it was utter madness, but i have managed to finish 85% of it already (and sit through a 2 hour meeting).

1. Strength training - what's that? I think i seem to have forgotten!! I had a rest day on Monday (because of the 10km walk the day before), but unfortunately it all went to pot. A staff member was shot dead on Monday evening which left the factory in an absolute mess, i spent Tuesday & Wednesday in individual counseling sessions and then stayed at work to get my other work done (got home 8.15pm and 9.22pm respectively). Thursday my assistant went into labour in the office and that threw my day out completely. By 9pm that evening i was struggling to keep my eyes open. Friday i did a really quick 10min ab workout. BUT not all is lost, i managed to get a few unexpected cardio workouts in.

2. Cardio Training - no Zumba class this week, BUT i literally danced the whole of Friday night away (I quite literally crawled into bed as the sun was coming up for a quick snooze). There's just something so awesome about being out with your friends and dancing with wild abandon (which i find doesn't need to be fueled by alcohol in my case). It's a great workout without thinking about it! Saturday mid morning, i had a quick breakfast, packed a bag and went off to my aunt for the rest of the weekend. They live at the beach, so i got a lovely 3km walk in on Saturday late afternoon and then another 4.2km walk in on Sunday late morning. Such wonderful weather that i just soaked it all up. I also taught my cousin to salsa (there was more laughter than dancing), waltz, two step and boogie for a grade 10 dance that he has been invited to (he's only grade 9 - then playa ;) )

3. Paleo/Primal Diet - Although the week was a write off in terms of exercise, i managed to keep as close to my diet as possible. I discovered two things: A. It's much easier to do an IF day from my normal supper time to late lunch than late dinner to early dinner - so my IF day was much easier this week - and B. There's a Paleo restaurant up the road from me!!! As in 100% Paleo!! :excitement: I stumbled upon it accidentally on Monday night while out with my BFF and her daughter. They don't advertise that they're Paleo because they don't want to scare off customers who are misinformed about the lifestyle (us South Africans don't like trying new things it seems), but the menu clearly shows they're Paleo (including amazing cauliflower pizza). I discovered paradise on my doorstep!! For the dinner party on Saturday night (at my aunt's place), while they ran around panicking, i made an awesome salad that was so loved by everyone i ended up having to make another bowl of it! It wasn't anything special - just leafy things, tomato, cucumber, olives, feta, avo, walnuts, sweet piquant peppers and steamed apples tossed with lemon juice.

4. Epic 30th - This is going well. I spent Sunday afternoon aging 100's of pages for the BoS, I created Mint Vodka - yummy - thanks to the Candy Booze Man, I've got half of the ingredients for my fake blood, 2/4 spider sacs are done, i have the branches for my hangman's tree (there was a storm on Friday night) and my first "Saw" victim is ready!! I'm feeling very relaxed about everything at the moment (not that i am wont to stress about things). So that's awesome!! Glad i began prepping so early, because it's actually been a load of work and it's also helped spreading the finances over the months instead of all at one go.

Have a good week y'all. I am getting on the horse with a gruelling session with Sauron tonight (wish me luck).

My challenge

SO MUCH AWESOMENESS! Good on you for working in impromptu cardio with all that dancing! And your cousin sounds like quite the ladies man-if he's not, he will be after he busts out all those moves on the dance floor!

I can totally relate to this week being insane-I'm going on holiday on Thursday, so everything must be done by then; obviously a short week would also be the week that everything goes wrong at once-LOL. But fortunately no one has been shot-shame, that's a terrible loss.

CPT has everything!!! Including a Paleo restaurant! It actually never occurred to me that Paleo restaurants existed-surely Joburg must have one hidden somewhere?!

Those shots look scrumptious! So keen to see the final decorations for the party, but yeah-there's still 2 months to go :(

Good luck with Sauron! Don't forget to fight back like a hobbit! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Introduction

CURRENT CHALLENGE!

Week 5 Update

I have a chest infection. It developed on Monday, but because I didn't think it was anything serious I pushed myself through a 30min workout with a very hormonal, pissed off and pregnant trainer and then a 45min Zumba class. Of course I woke up on Tuesday morning with a chest burn that required I go to the doctor. So its ARTI and 15 days of antibiotics that make me hallucinate slightly. Also NO strenuous exercise (esp cardio) for the course of AB's. That's not happening but until i can get up to my office without having to sit in reception to catch my breath, i will listen to the doc. I was still struggling on Friday so we will see how it goes tomorrow. This means no weights or cardio since Monday.

Because I was ill this week my diet has gone to pot. When i'm ill i lose my appetite and don't eat. I only started eating properly on Friday (which to me is an indication that I am on the incline). I went out with my mates on Friday night for dinner at an Italian restaurant where it was all pasta and pizza and calzones, but i decided against that and had a divine steak salad (albeit the salady bit was rather bland). No IF this week though (although technically my illness fast could possibly be considered - i just don't).

Even though I haven't been able to exercise, I was able to still get round to sorting my Epic 30th. This week, i collected a few more items to finish off some things. I have 90% of the trick or treat boxes completed. I need to just print out labels, brew some ice tea and pack the boxes. I've also started the next of my vodka experiments. For some reason I really can't remember what else I have done.

Oh well, onwards to the final week of this challenge. I have started working on my next challenge (it seems i might not be able to workout this last week).

My challenge

Shame-sorry to hear you're not well! Good job on taking it easy-your body will thank you with a shorter recovery time and better performance when you get back to the gym! And don't beat yourself up about not eating 100% paleo-when I was sick it was also a struggle to find anything I could stand the taste of, but at the end of the day better to eat something than nothing.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Introduction

CURRENT CHALLENGE!

Thanks for the well wishes guys, i am feeling much better and should be back at gym tomorrow (I;m testing it with a walk this afternoon). Also i have a full medical exam tomorrow (for medical insurance purposes, but it's good to have these stats). Hope you are all having a great week.

My challenge

Week 6 Update

This week was a little better because I wasn't as ill, but I must admit I actually stuck to the doctor's advice and stayed away from strenuous activities until I had finished my anti-biotics (on Friday). My trainer wouldn't train with me anyway once she'd heard the doctor's recommendation. On Friday I did a walk and then spent the evening being all gymnastic and stuff - I think I should become a circus acrobat ;) Sunday I did a quick 5km Fun Walk in under an hour - woohoo! - in the sweltering heat! So I at least got some exercise in. Luckily I shouldn't be ill again this year (I always get a chest infection in the first week of Sept, without fail, every year). One thing that struck me as unusual was my itching desire to get out and actually workout!! What's this? Who is this person I am becoming? Is this possibly the long lost me from years past? I guess I will find out in weeks/months ahead.

Unfortunately due to the antibiotics I had to indulge in a little dairy in the form of joghurt. I have never been fond of dairy (in most forms) but when my tummy starting doing some crazy things about mid week I knew it was time to bring in some probiotic joghurt to assist. It wasn't too bad. A little bulgarian/greek joghurt never hurt anyone (who wasn't intolerant or allergic) and it helps counteract some of the antibiotic side affects. My ex surprised me the other night by looking up a Paleo recipe and making it for me. He actually listens to me sometimes.

I am busy signing up for medical insurance (after my irresponsible ex scolded me about not already having it - told me I was being irresponsible). So I did a little research, spoke to my broker and we settled on a plan that will have me covered in the event of an emergency with a small "savings" account added on for the once in a blue moon where I actually need to see a doctor for something. The insurance company decided that there was no way I was as healthy as I said I was, so I had to be lying. They requested that I attend an independent evaluation to verify my health and I was quite happy to oblige (despite their prejudice based reasons). I honestly haven't had a full medical work up in years. I went for the medical and it came back perfect. Actually the doctor told me I was probably healthier than some of his "skinnier" patients. My cholestral was 3.9 mmoI/L and my blood sugar was 5.3 mmoI/L - which apparently is really good for someone in my "condition" - but I knew I would pull good results here, I've never had a problem before. I also have no pre-existing conditions (which is always a good thing) and I am actually quite low risk. I even had to have a mental test and a stress test. The point of the whole thing was that I got to say "Suck on That!!!" to the prejudiced medical insurance. I understand that generally people who are obese have problems, but I don't. I really am a healthy person - everytime I see a doctor, they're baffled - and I have never fitted into a mould before. They don't know me , of course, so they wouldn't know I am somewhat alien ;) The doctor couldn't find a pulse at first, which is not an unusual problem with me, and when he did, my first blood pressure result was so high he tested me twice more - i mean ridiculously high like 180/90. The last test he got he was happier with - 122/85 (I was laughing so hard at this point, I am a little surprised it wasn't higher). My health insurance was approved today at the lowest premium - in case anyone is wondering.

So I am healthy, happy and insured!! YAY for me!!

I'll post a 6 week round up summary a little later/tomorrow.

My challenge

Wow-good for you for getting your 5km on in that heat! And for showing restraint while being sick (I have been guilty of trying to work out sick-I've paid for it by staying sick too-hahaha)! And for catching the fitness fever so bad that you're actually missing your workouts!

AND for passing your med exam with flying colors! So much awesomeness going on!!! :D

Can't wait to see the summary of your challenge-I personally think you did a damn fine job of kicking ass this past 6 weeks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Introduction

CURRENT CHALLENGE!

Your party sound like its going to be amazing.

Sorry to hear you are sick but glad you are still wanting to work out. It's hard to not work out once you get used to doing something daily.

Vodka experiments sound like fun they usually leave me not being able to remember anything.

Thanks for your support through this challenge, I look forward to our next adventurers adventure.

Woohoo! Lots of good things came from being sick. haha

LOL, yeah i had to go to the doctor and be a good girl and realise i might actually wanna workout :)

Wow-good for you for getting your 5km on in that heat! And for showing restraint while being sick (I have been guilty of trying to work out sick-I've paid for it by staying sick too-hahaha)! And for catching the fitness fever so bad that you're actually missing your workouts!

AND for passing your med exam with flying colors! So much awesomeness going on!!! :D

Can't wait to see the summary of your challenge-I personally think you did a damn fine job of kicking ass this past 6 weeks!

I'm looking forward to your summary too. There was soooooooo much awesomeness going on in your updates that you could only have had flying colours (like Nyan Cat).

Your party sound like its going to be amazing.

Sorry to hear you are sick but glad you are still wanting to work out. It's hard to not work out once you get used to doing something daily.

Vodka experiments sound like fun they usually leave me not being able to remember anything.

Thanks for your support through this challenge, I look forward to our next adventurers adventure.

Thanks Wooks!! I really thought you did wonderfully and supporting you was a pleasure! You've done so well. I personally think you should perhaps join another guild like the Warriors or Rangers and try a harder challenge, but perhaps having you on the Adventurers for at least one more challenge is what we Adventurers need :) Again well done!!

My challenge

Fitness Goals

1. Strength Training: Complete 45min of strength/core training per week - STR +3 | DEX +2

1 - 85min;

2 - plank challenge (for the scouts), tons of working out

3 - 90min

4 - 10min

5 - 30min

6- blegh sick

*I wish I could say I won this one cos I almost managed to do 3h30min over 6 weeks. But i didn't stick to my 45min per week. So I am being a harsh critic because it's not good enough! Honestly, I managed 4 weeks at full "capacity" so I only get a C for this. And anything less than B is a fail for me. NO points

2. Cardio: Attend 1x Zumba Class per week & complete 1x full 5km walk per week - STA +3

1 - Zumba class and 4km walk

2 - no zumba class, but did a 7km+ walk

3 - zumba class, 11km+

4 - no zumba but night dancing away, 7km+

5 - zumba - sickes

6 - sickies, 5km walk

* only 3x zumba class plus a night of dancing away. BUT i managed to almost completely do a 5km every week. YAY!! I liked this so I am giving myself a B+ and i can at least award some points. STA +2

3. Paleo/Primal Change: 2x 100% primal days, 1x early/late IF day & 1x new paleo recipe per week - CON +3 | WIS +1

1 - 100% 80/20, IF, butter chicken

2 - 22hr IF, Cauliflower pizza, 80/20

3- 20hr IF, Tomatie Bredie

4 - 21hr IF, salad

5 - barely any food intake, nevermind diet or IF

6- stuck to my 80/20 even though i had joghurt (it was my only "indulgence"), I made a Gnocchi with sweetpotato instead of potato and although it wasn't as good as potato gnocchi, it was yummy!! I wish I could remember the recipe so I could give it to you guys.

* I found IF actually quite easy. It's a lifestyle change that I am excited and happy to adopt. And easy!! Gosh I love easy. I had tons of fun trying new recipes and even creating one or two myself. I didn''t make it 2 days of 100% paleo but apart from my weak week, i managed to pull off 80/20 paleo. I give myself an A for this challenge.

Life Goal (This will be done over 2 challenges)

4. Using the Event Management diploma I have to actually plan an event (My Epic 30th on 20 Oct) - WIS +3

I have done more than 75% of the prep for my bday. That's more than i anticipated or even planned for this challenge, so I am thrilled. I get an A+ for this.

Mini Challenge points:

Week 1 = +1 WIS

Week 2 = failed. Micro planning my life doesn't work for me, life just gets in the way

Week 3 = +1 WIS

Week 4 - 6 = no challenges posted for us

Starting Stats: Lvl 2

STR 6||DEX 3||STA 5||CON 7||WIS 6||CHA 5

Finishing Stats: Lvl 3

STR 6||DEX 3||STA 7||CON 10||WIS 12||CHA 5

My challenge

Well done Angel, what an inspiring result! You should advertise your services on your signature:

"Infections cured, office dilemmas sorted, labour bags packed, out-of-this world parties organised, etc, etc..."

:congratulatory:

Good luck for your next challenge, (not like you really need it :)). Glad you're feeling better too.

Please keep the party updates coming on your next challenge - I'll be watching from the stands.:encouragement:

L3 (Pending) Half-Elf Ranger
STR :: 9 | DEX :: 6 | STA :: 6 | CON :: 6 | WIS :: 10 | CHA :: 3.5

Previous Challenges:

2 | 1

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.

Haha, Rich! I need a break from being a superwoman, i tell you!! Luckily holidays will be here soon enough (if you count 3 months as soon) so i can relax then. I promise to keep everyone updated on the bday prep and the party itself. I hope to post picks somewhere that everyone can check out especially because i am so proud of my achievements so far. I even had a brilliant idea to send my invites out in little mini coffins (I was originally going to email them, but I was born in the 80's when we still sent paper invitations out to our friends).

Enjoy the break from the challenges, but enjoy levelling up nonetheless ;)

My challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines