DEX- 7

STA- 7

CON- 3

WIS- 3

CHA- 5

Goals-

Fitness:

1. Motivate! [+3 CON] [+2 CHA]

My biggest problem with the last challenge was motivation, which came as no surprise. For this challenge, I'm making my #1 goal to simply stay on track and continue making healthy choices throughout the challenge. I will be posting something motivational on this thread every single day as a little kick in the butt to keep working out and eating right, and I will also try to be more active on the boards to encourage and help others when I can.

2. Lift! [+3 STR]

I have been running somewhat consistently and plan to continue doing so, but I have been very neglectful of strength training. So, during this challenge I will be doing bodyweight exercises 3 times a week, focusing on push ups and pull ups.

Base Stats:

Max push ups: 24

Max pull ups: 6

3. Sleep! [+2 CON] [+2 STA]

I am heading back to SUNY Cortland for my last year of undergrad this month and I realized that my current sleep schedule is not entirely conducive to an academic environment (I usually sleep from 2:00-3:00 til 10:00 or 11:00. Sure its 8 hours, but its not ideal). I also find that I get much more accomplished when I wake up early, so this challenge will mark the beginning of Operation: Morning Person. I will try to ease into it but my goal is to be in bed by 11:00 (computer and tv off by 10:00) and wake up at 7:00-8:00. This one will probably be the toughest for me, I am notoriously talented at sleeping in.

Life:

1. Read! [+3 WIS]

I work at a freaking public library and I haven't read a single book above a third grade reading level all summer! I read a lot of children's books (I'm a sucker for immature humor and good illustration) but nothing with any substance. So, in the following six weeks I am going to read at least 3 books that are actually appropriate for my reading ability. Read on!

Level 2 Scout[sTR 3] [DEX 7] [sTA 7] [CON 3] [WIS 3] [CHA 5]Current Challenge: Keeping it Simple"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." 

Simba- great goals, I can't wait to see how your motivation gets you going!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Looking forward to reading your posts...and I have the same sleeping in problem, though it's not as bad M-F because of work...I love to sleep in though, and find that I get way more done on weekends if I get up earlier. Good luck with moving to mornings!

Celtic ScoutLevel 4Str 8 | Dex 7.5 | Sta 12.25 | Con 9 | Wis 10.5 | Cha 7.75Battle Log"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Glad I had to wake up early this weekend for an 8k, sleeping tonight should be no problem at all, I am exhausted!

I've also decided on the first book of my 3-part reading challenge: Watchmen. I have been meaning to read this for such a long time, I borrowed it from a friend over a year ago and still haven't gotten past chapter three. As far as my other books, I am open to suggestion. I have pretty broad tastes so I'm up for anything good!

Level 2 Scout[sTR 3] [DEX 7] [sTA 7] [CON 3] [WIS 3] [CHA 5]Current Challenge: Keeping it Simple"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." 

What are you studying? Having a decent sleep schedule during college was very hard for me, 8:00am classes could help you be a morning person, haha. I will be looking forward to your motivational quotes.

"It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit""If you think you can or you can't, you're right!"

What are you studying? Having a decent sleep schedule during college was very hard for me, 8:00am classes could help you be a morning person, haha.

I'm studying New Media Design currently and plan on going to grad school for a Masters in Art Education. Gonna be an art teacher hopefully :) And this semester my earliest classes are at 10:00 so I'm going to try to get up and accomplish things before class and resist the (strong) urge to sleep in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDQYFhb-9T0

Adrenaline Shot #2
Its the most wonderful time of the year!* Olympics! Track and field this week, If that doesn't inspire you like crazy I don't know what will. Amazing stuff so far this year!

*Of course, next week is shark week......

Boom! Instant motivation! My bad if the url doesn't work still new to this :)

Also for good books to read I'd definitely recommend Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

Awesome video, great "no excuses" perspective! (and the link worked, you can embed video too if you want by clicking the little film reel looking doodle near the top right, took me forever to figure out lol)

And I've heard wonderful things about Neil Gaiman, any stand out titles for you or a good one to start with?

Checking in, so far this week:

Mon-

Ate: Pretty decent but I actually can't remember specifics, yikes. Lots of chicken, turkey, avocado, grapes, corn on the cob and bananas sporadically throughout the day. Oh, and several handfuls of Mike n Ikes :P

Ran: Went on a little bike ride and played soccer for a bit with my little sister and ran 800m.

Tue-

Ate: banana/peanut butter/vanilla yogurt/spinach smoothie w/ chia seeds (divine!), 3 egg omelet w/ green pepper, onion + asparagus, hash browns, 1 slice wheat toast w/ apple jelly, buffalo chicken + avocado wrap, grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, grapes.

Ran: 1mi warm up, 16 sets (12 laps) 100m walk/jog/strides, 800m cool down

I'm going to start keeping a food journal as an unofficial goal because I have been having some mysterious upset tummies lately and would like to try to hunt down the cause.

I'm all about food tracking! I think because it helps me be present with my food.

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Adrenaline Shot #3

Get out there and do it.

Yep, that is an adrenaline shot, your thread is getting me pumped too. So cool that you're posting all the motivation.

Level 1 Elf Scout

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Wed-

Ate: Green smoothie, 2 fried eggs with avocado and turkey, several handfuls (too many) of sunchips, mashed potatoes, a pear, 2 hamburger patties on tortillas w/ guacamole and bacon, 2 ears of corn on the cob. Everything in pairs today it seems.

Ran: 2mi easy, 1mi walk, 2mi easy + morning yoga.

Since I made strength training a goal for this challenge and didn't really set up base stats, I'm going to do that tomorrow for push ups and pull ups before my workout, shall post it in the morning. Time to meet my bedtime goal with 4 minutes to spare :P

Base stats for one set:

Push ups: max 24

Pull ups: max 6

I will be following the hundred push ups program and doing 3 sets of as many pull ups as I can 3x a week, probably tues/thurs/sat, abs at least 5x a week and stretching/yoga on days without strength training. To achieve my goal I would like to stay consistent with this plan and see some improvement in my push ups and sit ups (at least 35+ push ups and 8+ pull ups by the end of 6 weeks)

I'm loving your adrenaline shots! Fried eggs with avocado and turkey sounds delicious, I have to add that to my list of breakfast ideas.

Current Challenge: Roocifer's Eat and Run Challenge | Fitocracy

Level 2 Scout: STR: 4.25 | DEX: 8.75 | STA: 8.75 | CON: 6 | WIS: 7.5 | CHA: 7.75

I feel my boots trying to leave the ground, I feel my heart pumping hard, I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable and beautiful and afraid of nothing, as though I had wings. - Mary Oliver

Life:

1. Read! [+3 WIS]

I work at a freaking public library and I haven't read a single book above a third grade reading level all summer! I read a lot of children's books (I'm a sucker for immature humor and good illustration) but nothing with any substance. So, in the following six weeks I am going to read at least 3 books that are actually appropriate for my reading ability. Read on!

If you haven't read it yet, I'd recommed The Great Gatsby. It's entertaining, well written and short enough that it'll (hopefully) encourage you to pick up another book shortly after! Bonus point, you'll be able to talk about how the book is so much better than the film when the new film is released next year ;)

Achilles, Level 1 Human Scout

[sTR: 2] [DEX: 2] [sTA: 6] [CON: 2] [WIS: 4] [CHA: 3]

"There is advantage in the wisdom won from pain." -- Aeschylus

Current Challenge | August Battle Log

Distance Traveled This Challenge (on ergo, as of 1 Sep 12): 40km

If you haven't read it yet, I'd recommed The Great Gatsby. It's entertaining, well written and short enough that it'll (hopefully) encourage you to pick up another book shortly after! Bonus point, you'll be able to talk about how the book is so much better than the film when the new film is released next year ;)

I have read the Great Gatsby actually, it was a required read for me in high school but I enjoyed it a lot. And I'm excited to see what they do with the new movie, it looks like it has a pretty strong cast :)

Thurs-

Ate: A banana, some deli turkey and buffalo chicken 3 hard boiled eggs, 1/5 a grilled chicken breast, 3 ears of corn, tortilla chips and guacamole, 3 strips of bacon, one small glass of fruit punch and about 1 scoop worth of snuck ice cream tastes at the end of the summer reading program celebration at my library (I was the ice cream scooper).

Ran: 1mi warm up, 1mi (6:26), 800m (2:58), 400m (1:09), 1mi warm down. Also maybe tmi but I did a 50m excel wearing nothing but my running shoes and socks... It was dark and no one was around and I just said what the hell. Weirdly satisfying. Don't judge.

3 sets push ups til failure: 24, 22, 17

3 sets pull ups til failure: 6, 6, 4

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines