Hammlin: A break in the clearing

Hammlin

Thanks mily and tin. I will be sure to take it slow!!!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Tried to go run at the gym today. Got sixty seconds in and my knee pain came back in the worst way. I felt defeated and pissed but went to the all motion trainer instead. Got thirty minutes on that plus a little upper body free weight action. I left feeling ok, but I'm still upset about the knee. My mom has had both knees replaced already and she's only 50, so I just have that in my mind.

Sigh.

Doing well on this week's mini challenge. Still no ice cream, froyo, or gelato, despite plenty of whining and complaining.

Also approaching the year anniversary of the loss of a dear friend, so a bunch of people are going to get tattoos together that day. I would love to hit 100 and be able to go with.

Only part of my goal 4 that's left is the garage! Yay!

My Blog | My Story

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Mini challenge success! One full week sans ice cream or anything resembling it!

I also did a 60 second headstand as well as started Musical Headstands. I take requests!!!

My Blog | My Story

Mini challenge success! One full week sans ice cream or anything resembling it!

I also did a 60 second headstand as well as started Musical Headstands. I take requests!!!

Yippee!!!!!

So amazing!

And the musical headstands made my day!

And the upside down Lucy kisses!!!

Wait now... what's a musical headstand? Even Google couldn't help me.

And way to push through... my knees hate running.

I created them because headstands are boring and I fixate on the clock. If I'm singing then I forget the time and finish the song! Tada!

My Blog | My Story

awe come on man, you've seen the video!!!

My Blog | My Story

The only German song I know is Zieguenerleiben :)

My Blog | My Story

Goal update:

1. Handstand w wall 90 seconds. I'm not sure I'm going to get it this time around, mostly because I am SO enjoying my headstands! I'll walk up a couple more walls to see how long I can get, but 15 or so seconds was about it last time.

2. Kitchen is still a clean eating domain.

3. Weight loss goal of losing 8#. I'm still chugging along here. Slowly and surely.

4. Organizational overhaul. 3 of the 4 locations remain clutter free and organized. All that remains is the garage!

My Blog | My Story

More goal updating, since there is only one week left:

1. Handstand is out of the running, but my headstand is great.

2. Kitchen is still awesome!

3. I gained a little after my race, most likely from being injured and not working out, but brought it down a tid bit. We will see...

4. Tackling the garage this weekend!!! Must. Do. It.!

My Blog | My Story

More goal updating, since there is only one week left:

1. Handstand is out of the running, but my headstand is great.

2. Kitchen is still awesome!

3. I gained a little after my race, most likely from being injured and not working out, but brought it down a tid bit. We will see...

4. Tackling the garage this weekend!!! Must. Do. It.!

Not so shabby, Hammi! Get after that garage!

And you can relate to this: knees are dumb. I tried to run a couple days ago and it still got unhappy around mile 1.5. Urgh.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

It sucks! I hate how slow I have to go right now. If I start going my old pace I feel the pain coming on. Boo hiss.

My Blog | My Story

Moving along... The garage...

Let's just say I won :)

Before:

[ATTACH]5373[/ATTACH][ATTACH]5374[/ATTACH][ATTACH]5375[/ATTACH]

After:

-bicycle in garage instead of office

-all product being sold with the business moved to far right rack

-stuff stored by purpose (Christmas, camping, gardening etc)

-all trash finally thrown out

[ATTACH]5376[/ATTACH][ATTACH]5377[/ATTACH][ATTACH]5378[/ATTACH]

post-4625-1356724487127_thumb.jpg

post-4625-13567244871438_thumb.jpg

post-4625-13567244871591_thumb.jpg

post-4625-13567244871838_thumb.jpg

post-4625-13567244871968_thumb.jpg

post-4625-13567244872193_thumb.jpg

My Blog | My Story

Here is my 90 second musical headstand. Please don't share this with others. Thanks :)

My Blog | My Story

Goal Write Up

1. Perform a handstand (wall usage is OK) for at least 90 seconds (+4 STR) (+1 CON)

a. Grade: C

b. Did not complete a 90 second wall assisted handstand. Only completed 20/90 seconds. DID complete a 90 second unassisted headstand as well as a 2 minute+ wall assisted headstand.

c. +2 STR, +.5 CON

2. Clear out kitchen. Have been eating primal/paleo for 5 months. It's time for the garbage to go. (+2 WIS, +1 CON)

a. Grade: A

b. Completed swiftly and thoroughly and maintained a paleo kitchen for the duration of the challenge

c. +2 WIS, +1 CON

3. Lose 8# (Current 175- Goal 167) and get tattoo to commemorate 100 pound weight loss at 167(+2 CON, +2 CHA)

a. Grade: C

b. I lost 4# out of 8. No tattoo. (it’s taunting me…)

c. +1 CON, +1 CHA

4. Organize the following: Closet, Night stand, Dresser (top), garage, and Office/Filing (+1 WIS, +2 DEX)

a. Grade: A

b. Cleaned, organized and maintained ALL of the areas listed above. HUGE WIN!!!

c. +1 WIS, +2 DEX

I am sad that I didn’t hit my weight goal. I know where I went wrong, and am working towards changing it. I hope to get my tattoos in the next go-round. I’m THRILLED about my organization, in the kitchen as well as all of the other areas I was focusing on. While I didn’t get my handstand where I wanted, I’m super excited about my headstand progress. All headstands were documented with a song. You’re welcome.

My total points are: 10.5 (again)

Total Points earned over weekly challenges:

+1 WIS

+2 STA

+1 CON

+1 STR

HAMMLIN's NEW STATS:

Strength (STR): 10

Dexterity (DEX): 12.25

Stamina (STA): 12.5

Constitution (CON): 9

Wisdom (WIS): 13

Charisma (CHA): 7.25

My Blog | My Story

Those weight goals are really difficult the closer you get to goal. I've been bouncing around my last 5lb for what feels like AGES. 96lbs is still incredible, and I'm in awe of your 100% paleo kitchen! Here's looking forward to the next challenge :).

Level 0 Undine Druid

"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food.†~ Finding Nemo

June challenge thread.

Hammi. You go around being all awesome. Then you remind me that you're closing in on 100 pounds lost. You're amazing :) And yayyy organization!

You're so sweet! Thanks friend! PS I love that when you post I see tin-man trogdor on my page :)

My Blog | My Story

I see a tattoo in your super near future! Especially now that we're dang near back to our regularly scheduled programming!

I love seeing your progress!!!

You are truly and inspiration to me and I can't wait to get to hang out with you fo' realzz yo!

I just love the heck outta you! I couldn't do this without your support! (And the support of all the badass people, mostly those in chat!)

3.3 away.... I can taste it (it tastes like bacon...)

My Blog | My Story

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines