Cita's Back to the Basics

citabean

What a good robot, having all your meals programmed. :) Looks like you're off to a great start!

Hehe, and that was before I read the article. Woot! Thanks!

great progress, keep up the good work!

Thanks!!

Sounds like a fun and productive day!

I like fun days. They even out the dull and boring days. :)

i love when there are no dishes in the sink!

Me too. My wallet however, doesn't care for it.

As always, an awesome challenge. Keep kicking ass, Cita.

Thanks!!

STR 5 * DEX 5.5 * STA 12.5 * CON 7.75 * WIS 7.75 * CHA 3

My Fitness Pal

Days 5,6,7 aka Weekend Catch-up

Friday:

Daily Zs: 7h 23m - It's over 7 hours at least

Noms: Eating was right on par. Breakfast: Omlette w/ bacon. Lunch: Chipotle Chicken Salad. Dinner: Grilled Chicken Wings & Green Beans.

Move My Ass: BW Workout A - Body Weight Row 6,6,6 -- Incline Push-Ups from Rings 6,7,7 -- Hop Scotch 25,15,15 -- Squats 30,30,25 -- Baby Burpees 5,5,5

Cinderella Duties: What little dishes I had were done. :)

Saturday:

Daily Zs: 6h 26m - Yeah... Sunlight woke me up. I also took a 2.5 hour nap in the afternoon, so I felt okay for the day.

Noms: Eating was good! Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs w/ Crapload of Veggies. Lunch: Curried Roasted Cauliflower w/ Stir Fried Steak & Chicken. Dinner: Steak, Asparagus & Tomato Stir Fry.

Move My Ass: Jump Rope Intervals 1 min jump, 1 min rest (which ended up being make lunch during rests) x 10. This kicked my already sore ass. I ended up doing 10 minutes of yoga stretches when done.

Cinderella Duties: I cooked a lot, therefore I cleaned a lot. :)

Sunday:

Daily Zs: 8h 2m - Now that was some good sleep!

Noms: I feel like I ate a lot, but I didn't. Breakfast: Eggs & Sausage. Lunch: Chili (Tons of veggies, ground beef and shredded Chicken). Dinner: Tuna "Salad" (Tuna with a bunch of chopped veggies & balsamic vinaigrette)

Move My Ass: Rest Day. Yes, I mostly rested. Did some work in the yard, but mostly rested. :)

Cinderella Duties: I made my lunches for the week. I feel like I spent most of the day in the kitchen! Haha. Kitchen was nice and sparkling before I went to bed.

My Fitness Pal

Week 1 Wrap Up

Daily Zs: I did well with this. The exception was Friday night... went to bed late, the sun woke me up. Heh. I took a nap tho, which evened things out.

Noms: I didn't follow my menu to a T, but I ate very well.

Move My Ass: All of my workouts were done. Couple of things I learned. Burpees, even baby ones, after squats, suck. Hard. 1 minute interval workouts may seem easy, but they kick ass.

Cinderella Duties: Clean sink, every night! Woot woot!

Mileage for the week:

On Wheels - 2 miles

On Foot - 8.4 miles (most of which was walking)

One other thing of note... I've lost 5 lbs so far this challenge. Yay!

My Fitness Pal

Week 1 Wrap Up

Daily Zs: I did well with this. The exception was Friday night... went to bed late, the sun woke me up. Heh. I took a nap tho, which evened things out.

Noms: I didn't follow my menu to a T, but I ate very well.

Move My Ass: All of my workouts were done. Couple of things I learned. Burpees, even baby ones, after squats, suck. Hard. 1 minute interval workouts may seem easy, but they kick ass.

Cinderella Duties: Clean sink, every night! Woot woot!

Mileage for the week:

On Wheels - 2 miles

On Foot - 8.4 miles (most of which was walking)

One other thing of note... I've lost 5 lbs so far this challenge. Yay!

wow. fantastic.

good job on the weight loss. the scale hasn't budged for me. i'm a little miffed. however, you are doing awesome. you are going to inspire me to kick this into high gear!

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Sounds like you are doing well, keep it up!

Thanks! I will!

wow. fantastic.

good job on the weight loss. the scale hasn't budged for me. i'm a little miffed. however, you are doing awesome. you are going to inspire me to kick this into high gear!

Woo for inspiration. Speaking of... thanks for the motivation last night! <3

You've really tackled some awesome workouts so far. And congrats on the weight loss!

Thank you!!

My Fitness Pal

Week 2 - Day 1

Daily Zs: 7h 48m - Mmm, sleeps. I had a hard time falling asleep, so time in bed was longer than time slept, but at least I was in bed, trying to sleep!

Noms: Noms were Nummy. Hah. Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs w/ Asparagus & Onion and Bacon. Lunch: Chili & Salad. Dinner: Scrambled Eggs, Lettuce Wrap, Curried Cauliflower (aka grab whatever looks good from the fridge)

Move My Ass: BW Workout B. I felt well rested and not sore when I went into this. Felt good! Push-Ups: 3 reg 5 rings, 6 rings, 6 rings -- Assisted Pull-ups: 6,6,5 -- Ski Jumpers: 40,40,40 -- Lunges (per leg): 8,8,6 -- Baby Burpees: 6,6,5

Cinderella Duties: Dishes all clean, kitchen tidied.

My Fitness Pal

always happy to motivate you :)

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Week 2 - Day 2

Daily Zs: 7h 33m - I love cold nights where I sleep soundly.

Noms: Went a bit off last night. Tis all good tho. Breakfast: Eggs w/ Asparagus. Lunch: Tuna "Salad". Dinner: Salad & Wings (too many wings, but they were SO GOOD)

Move My Ass: Intervals: I got home late, but decided to do half my interval workout before I went to bed late. So... Jump Rope 1 min work, 1 min rest x5

Cinderella Duties: Did the dishes as soon as I got home since I decided to eat out. Since I had actually cooked chicken in the crock pot, I made up lunches, put everything away and cleaned up before doing anything else when I got home.

So.. why did I cook and then go out to dinner?? Well, today is my nephew's 10th birthday and I forgot to go shopping for a gift! So, after I got home from work, J and I went shopping to Target and then chose to check out a new wing place and enjoy their fare. It was really good! Yes, I ate too many, but I'm not letting it bother me. :) We got home around 8:30, I still had to clean the kitchen, look through and fill out the stack of papers Jonas brought home from his first day of school and do my workout. I pondered skipping the workout and then I decided I'd just cut it in half for last night. I feel better for having done so.

My Fitness Pal

Week 2 - Day 3

Daily Zs: 6h 47m - My app crashed in the middle of the night. Odd. But I know when I set it and when I woke up... yay math skillz. Reason for little sleep? Long day and I wanted to get my workout in before I went to bed. So I did.

Noms: Due to the wings the day before, I think, I wasn't hungry. So I basically IFd til 2pm when I decided I should eat. I had the 6 leftover wings. Yep, that's it. Dinner we went out to a stir-fry/Chinese/sushi place. I ate a bunch of different proteins (beef, duck, salmon, sole fish, chicken in small quantities) and tons of veggies.

Move My Ass: I did not do my workout. Reason below...

Cinderella Duties: The only dishes were the lunch ones from Jonas' lunch. Sadly, I did not do them.

So reasoning for the day being so off? I was sent home from work again with the explicit instructions to see the doctor. For those of you following along. This is the 3rd time in 3.5 weeks. I was diagnosed with pneumonia the first time. The second they weren't sure. I'm off antibiotics and whatnot but still coughing (productively) and all stuffy in the head. Oddly enough, I am worse at work. My attempts at humor with my boss when I told him I was allergic to work were thwarted by him. Anyway. What did the doctor say yesterday? Yes, you might be allergic to work. If you're not the only one in the office sick, call the public health department and report the building, explain and ask for an air quality check. I earned myself a 3rd set of chest x-rays (dunno anything yet, waiting for the call) another round of antibiotics, a week of steroids and an inhaler. Fun.

After all that, and dinner out for my nephew's birthday (albeit early) I decided bed was my best option and went to bed as soon as we got home from dinner. Therefore, no workout, no dishes. And you know what? I'm not upset about it. I'm not angry at myself. It just happened.

Does that mean I'm going to not do my workout I was supposed to do? Not at all. I'm just pushing my workout until today and using yesterday as my rest day for the week.

My Fitness Pal

you need to take care of yourself. so do the workout today, when you are feeling better. :)

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

You're right...you should not beat yourself up for a situation which is beyond your control. That's a great attitude to have! I hope that you feel better soon...what a drag.

Celtic ScoutLevel 4Str 8 | Dex 7.5 | Sta 12.25 | Con 9 | Wis 10.5 | Cha 7.75Battle Log"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Week 2 - Day 4

I'm starting this off by stating how much I really hate being on steroids. They make my body so out of whack so many ways.

Daily Zs: 7h 56m - Actually slept well too. Yay!

Noms: So, I didn't eat until 2pm. I wasn't hungry. When I did eat, it was because I had a headache, not because I was hungry. Then dinner time came, not hungry again, but ate anyway. Somewhere around 9pm I actually was hungry... for eggs and bacon. I dunno if it's the meds or whatever I've got going on... but I've had a hard time enjoying food much, simply because I can't taste it. Anyway... Noms: Lunchish: Chicken w/ broccoli slaw "noodles" and pasta sauce Snackish: Lettuce Wrap w/ turkey and bacon. Dinner: Chicken Spinach Salad. Snackish: Eggs and Bacon.

Move My Ass: I did not do my workout. I did go for a 30 minute walk at Lunchtime with a coworker tho. I still feel rather off and icky.

Cinderella Duties: Dishes are still in the sink... There are like all of 5, I should do them...

I'm still maintaining my good attitude about not having a couple of off days. I want to let my chest, lungs, etc recover with the new meds and not stress it out more by working out. I'm hoping that today I feel better (I'm at home today, not in the craptacular icky office) so that I feel I can at least do some sort of movement.

My Fitness Pal

go do the dishes! you'll be proud of yourself for it.

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Week 2 Wrap Up

Daily Zs: I'm doing good with this. There were a couple of days of less than I'd like, but it has more to do with me not staying asleep once I get to bed. I blame whatever I've got going on in my body combined with the drugs I'm taking for it.

Noms: I've seemingly transitioned to eating in a 7 hour window starting around 1-2pm. Why? I'm not hungry. I worry at times that I'm not eating enough, but I've spoken with Vic about it since it's his program I'm following and it seems I'm doing just fine.

Move My Ass: Workouts were on hold this week due to my decision to let my body fight this crud.

Cinderella Duties: Mostly. There were a couple nights I just chose to sleep.

So... I've not fallen off the grid. I've been trying to let my body recover. There's not been anything exciting to report. I'm down another 3ish pounds (Nephew's birthday party on Sunday, I had a bit of sugar). Until my head stops the pounding, overly stuffy feeling, working out will continue to be just walking and not aggravating myself. I really miss doing my BW workouts tho. I may attempt it tonight if my head isn't too bad. I finished the steroid, so as that works out and I finish up the antibiotic, hopefully I re-stabilize and feel more... normal.

My Fitness Pal

Hey, little 'bean! Just checking in on your thread. So very proud of you and how well you stick to your plan, your eats, your bwb workouts, your kitchen-cleaning, and how you bring the munchkin into the fun of it all. Is my addition right? Have you lost 8 lbs since the start of the challenge?? Holy moly guacamole (<- which is 100% pale, btw).

I hope you feel better soooooooon. 'Cause you are fabulous and I hate it when you're feeling poorly. Here is another hug to go with the one from nightlight: huuuuuuuuuuug. :smug:

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can enjoy all the things the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines