Kyliewyotie presents ACME's latest inventions

Kyliewyotie

Hey Everybody,

This is my second time participating in a challenge. I learned a lot and made a lot of progress in the first one. I dropped 16lbs, and instituted many healthy habits. I also realized that I want to join the Assassins; I hope the brotherhood accepts me. I have made some more goals and I plan to continue my goals from the last challenge. Here is a link to it if anyone is interested. http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?13839-Kyliewyotie-s-The-Whizzard-of-Ow

Current Stats

[TABLE=class: outer_border, width: 500, align: center]

Character Name :

Kyliewyotie

[/TD]

Race :

Coyote

Class :

Assassin

Weight :

Height: 5'9"

[TD]STR :

DEX :

STA :

WIS :

CON :

CHA :

[/TABLE]

Come one come all, step right up and peruse Acme’s newest inventions.

First up on the exhibit floor are Rocket Powered Roller Skates!

skates.gif

Has roller disco lost its edge for you? Or are you just looking for an innovative hunting tool? Whether you're chasing or being chased, our ROCKET-POWERED ROLLER SKATES will get you where you're going fast. PolyLeather bindings keep you standing up when the world's going by at top speed! The wheels are made of highly-polished platinum for minimal friction. Okay, rocket-powered skates of the past were prone to lead the wearer over cliffs, causing for some mishaps. So, we've designed ours with Clif-A-Void â„¢ to keep this type of thing to a minimum.

My first goal is to incorporate a 20 min sprint routine into my workout schedule. I have been doing casual walks with my wife on non strength training days. I will continue to do this, but also add in one day a week where I give it my all for a short period of time.

Acme’s next invention on display is Dehydrated Boulders.

dehydratedboulders.gif

We've all been there before: You're on a cliff. Your enemy is standing in the valley below, but you've got nothing to drop on him! Sure you could use a safe or a piano, if there's even one available. But wouldn't it be nicer to maintain the natural beauty of the landscape by using a boulder? That's why we've introduced DEHYDRATED BOULDERS for all of your gravity needs. These pocket-sized pebbles take on monumental proportions when immersed in water. And like all of our fine boulder products, these are aged for 30 million years for maximum hardness!

My second goal deals with my strength training. I have begun to really enjoy doing my body weight routines. I have made progress that I am very happy with, except for pull ups. I started my last challenge at 1 and can now squeak out 2(I literally squeak while doing them). I will take a page from Tom Kenobi and Dillpedo and follow TwentyPullUps.com. I hate to pick a number here, but for goal purposes I would like to be able to do 5 casual (no flailing or grunting) pull ups.

Acme’s next invention on display is Triple-Strength Fortified Leg Muscle Vitamins.

54153gif.jpg

Whether you’re a runner, a jumper, or a professional predator, you need your legs. So why not take a vitamin that ends up expending itself everywhere else? These custom ACME leg muscle vitamins contain a patented lubricating compound (acting the same way oil does on the parts of an engine) in a camphor inflammatory solution. And a special ingredient (mercury) puts the vitamin where you need it most-south of your equator. Burn up the road with these little powerhouses.

Warning: Never take ACME leg muscle vitamins before lying down unless you want inflamed elbows and a power neck.

My third goal deals with habit building. My doctor recommended that I start to take some vitamin D supplements. So I want to ensure that I take my vitamins daily. I will also add a multi vitamin to the mix. Most likely it will be a gummy bear style one, or possibly Flintstones chewable. They are just much cooler.

Last but not least we have Acme Aspirin on display.

aspirin.gif

From time to time, everybody falls off a cliff into the valley below, gets beaned by a falling piano, or gets blown up. It's not fun. It's embarrassing. But it's a fact of life. And sure enough, you might just get a lump on the noggin and a splitting headache to boot. That's why ACME introduces these painless pain-killers. ACME ASPIRIN helps rid you of piano pain, boulder brain, anvil migraine, and TNT aches! It's a dangerous world out there. Shouldn't it at least be painless?

I picked a my life goal to boost up my CHA, I felt like I was starting to become boring! That is unacceptable. I have started many hobbies which I have truly enjoyed. I have and still enjoy participating in them; however, I have let myself slip away from them. Work, school, family etc. have “gotten” in the way. My life goal is to actively participate in one of my hobbies every week. It can be gunsmithing/shooting, working on my jeep/off-roading, Frisbee golf, or just tinkering in my shop. I plan to report back each week with what I made/did. The aspirin was chosen to represent this goal, because like Wile E. Coyote I usually hurt myself in the process, but that can be half the fun.

TL;DR Version

Challenge Details:

Diet & Fitness goals

1. Complete 20 min of sprinting, 1 day per week. +3 STA +2 DEX

2. Become capable of completing 5 casual pull ups. +4 STR

3. Take my Vitamin D supplement and Multivitamin daily. +3 CON

*Note* I plan to carry over my previous goals from the last challenge. So I plan to do strength training 3 times a week and track my workouts (using fitocracy.com), track my calories (using myfitnesspal) and make healthy food choices and stretch after my workouts usually while I watch adventure time (Jake the dog is so stretchy).

Life Goals

1. Actively participate in one of my hobbies per week. (It’s shameful that I allowed it to get to the point that I had to make it a goal to have fun.) +3 CHA

I will also add links in my signature to my “Myfitnesspal” and “fitocracy” Hooray for accountability.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer
STR 27  DEX 18  STA 15  CON 14  WIS 14  CHA 12

Current Challenge

Love your goals and the Acme products to go along with them!

I think 5 pull-ups is totally doable if you stick with the program. I started with 2.5 and eeked out 6 by the end of the last challenge.

P.S. Time to update that character sheet table of yours with ASSASSIN!!!!!!!!!!! Booyah!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

This is a great post, I love your Roadrunner theme.+10 for creativity.

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Sounds like some great goals! Good luck on the pullups, seems like a lot of assassins are picking that one. Congrats on doubling your reps last time. :) The ACME products were a fun read...looking forward to future offerings!

My life goal is to actively participate in one of my hobbies every week. It can be gunsmithing/shooting, working on my jeep/off-roading, Frisbee golf, or just tinkering in my shop.

I fully support tinkering.

P.S. Time to update that character sheet table of yours with ASSASSIN!!!!!!!!!!!

^^ This

tinkerer
Level 14 Elven Blacksmith

current challenge - yearlong quest

14 13 12 11 10 9.1 9.0 8 7 6 5 4,2 4.1 4.0 3 2 1

ACME ASPIRIN helps rid you of piano pain, boulder brain, anvil migraine, and TNT aches! It's a dangerous world out there. Shouldn't it at least be painless?

HAHAHA. Yeah, that piano pain is tough. Great goals! Glad to have you with the Assassins!

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

My wife and I did some sprinting yesterday. I know I am still in the honeymoon phase of this workout, but it is crazy fun. Made me feel like a kid again, running as fast as possible. It was fun having a partner in crime with me as well, even if she is a half-pony alchemist warrior.

I also have become obsessed with pull ups now. This morning as I have been walking around at work, I have been finding all the places I can hang. Pull ups on I beams, hand rails, safety chains, etc. It does feel manly doing pulls from a I beam in front of a 2400 degree fireball, with steel toe boots and a hard hat on. My coworkers think I am nuts, but that is nothing new.

Day one on vitimins are a check, the gummy bear ones are yummy. I may need to swap to regular pill ones, because I want to eat the whole bottle. Om nom nom.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer

Current Challenge

That is so great that you and your half-pony alchemist wife are working out together. My hubby will go on walks with me but I'm still working on the joining the rebellion part. Glad you're having fun doing pull-ups too!

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

It does feel manly doing pulls from a I beam in front of a 2400 degree fireball, with steel toe boots and a hard hat on.

Between this and Dillpedo's haircut last challenge, I am never going to catch you guys in manliness points. Steel toe boots have to weigh, what, 5 pounds? Be careful not to bang your head when you do them without boots!

tinkerer
Level 14 Elven Blacksmith

current challenge - yearlong quest

14 13 12 11 10 9.1 9.0 8 7 6 5 4,2 4.1 4.0 3 2 1

Be careful not to bang your head when you do them without boots!

I think that is a problem I could live with :)

So far so good, gotten all my work outs in so far. Still following 20 pullups.com, I have been doing extra through out the day on my str training days. I don't think that can hurt, but I hope someone with more experience will let me know if I shouldn't do more.

So far to ensure my workouts are challenging, I have been increasing reps. I will have to start to think about increasing difficulty of each exercise and lowering the numbers soon.

I have heard multiple answers on when to swap exercises for a more difficult one. I am currently reading Primal Blueprint Fitness eBook from marksdailyapple.com, and convict conditioning. I will be honest I am not a big reader (maybe a goal for another challenge.) So the pace of moving through the books is slow. I am currently basing my workouts off those books and the 2 NF body weight routines. Any way I still feel tuckered after I am done, so it is better than what I was doing in the past.

I have been sticking with myfitnesspal and eating well.

I am 100% for vitamins, so yay. I am hoping this becomes engrained in me.

My wife ( The half-pony with a giant axe and mortar and pestle) I plan to do our sprints together over the weekend, so I will update on that when it happens.

I hope everyone else is feeling good.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer

Current Challenge

I found you over here. Looks like another great set of goals and the write up was hilarious. My DH is a big Looney Tunes fan so we have lots of inside jokes including texting each other random meeps.

Sounds like you are off to a good start though and I look forward to more updates.

[TABLE=width: 400]

[TD=align: left][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC][/TD]

[TD=align: left]Dwarf Adventurer

Level 2

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 7 | CON 7 | WIS 7 | CHA 3[/TD]

[/TABLE]

Feeling pretty stressed today.

Got multiple problems at work, which require alot of my time, and occupy space in my head even after I leave.

I have a lake at work that is disappearing, like someone pulled the drain on the sucker. Really has been leaving me scratching my head. Many hours of aggravation have been spent walking around the property, and wading around in the lake, looking for location of the problem. I think we finally have tangible proof of where the leak is, tomorrow I will jump in the pipes and use video cam to see what we are really dealing with with. I worry a giant sink hole has been created. There are alot of animals that live in the lake that I feed on a daily basis, I don't want their home to disappear. I have many people at work jumping down my throat to fix this one asap.

We have been working on designing a custom built machine to use at the plant, 6 months and $300+k have been spent. It finally arrived on site today! It was a really fun moment for 5 minutes until I realized it was assembled 180 degrees backwards. So now I am scrambling to find a way to fix it on site, which will most likely involve a crane and some heavy equipment. I specifically asked about orientation 3 times during this process and was assured it was correct. I even requested a picture to ease my thoughts, I was told via phone that it was good. I should have pressed for the pic, but took the phone call as proof enough. I am kicking myself about that. I also have people in my throat about this one, another OMG fix it ASAP thing.

I am also closing on my new home tomorrow! I really thought I would be happier about this, but I just feel stressed and want it over. It has been a 4 month ordeal, I hate banks.

I have had an intern for the past 2 years and tomorrow is her final presentation, I feel like I have let her down in the final minutes of the game. These other items have been consuming me, I would have liked to have given her more time at the end. Luckily she is great and I know she can hold her own.

I have been grumpy for 2 days, I have been short with people, I have even raised my voice. I hate being like that. It ends now, deep breaths, going for a drive, shooting, or maybe doing the mini challenge and going for a walk and losing myself in the moment. Whatever it takes.

Now my therapy session is over, thank you to all of you. If i meet you in person I owe you a drink as payment for my psychotherapy.

Some good did happen today.

Had a party today today for a coworkers birthday, I got plenty of weird looks for not eating cake. Then one of my coworkers asked me what I was doing to stick to my diet. So we had a short chat about myfitnesspal. It was nice that people noticed the weight loss.

I am off to get busy, I have to do something to take my mind of the B.S.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer

Current Challenge

Ugh. I hate stressful days. Work is the source of 99.9% of my stress. So I can totally relate. I also eat emotionally, so I commend you for saying no to cake amidst all of that mess. But, it also exhausts me and makes me cranky, too. So, hang in there. Walking sometimes helps with stress. Or a really hard workout with some loud music. Other times, vegging in front of a "guilty pleasure" movie (no, nothing dirty, I mean something like Almost Famous that I've seen a million times) is all it takes. Find an outlet. I always tell myself I don't want work to kill me before I can retire and reap the rewards of all of the hard work! :)

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Thanks for the encouragement Kelly. I did go for a walk and my half-pony wife came with me. I lost myself in my "mission" of intelligence gathering and had a bit of fun. I feel slightly better.

Tomorrow I have a lot on my plate.

I have to fix the lake and save all the animals!

I have my interns final presentation to attend, and support her!

I have to give the finger to a piece of machinery, then plan on a fix for it!

Then I have to close on my house, and sign a check over for the amount of $all my monies.00

At least I am laughing about it all now. I think my mind just needed a reset.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines