Kyliewyotie presents ACME's latest inventions

Kyliewyotie

Thanks for the encouragement.

I did lots of projects around the home this week. Didn't do anything really with my hobbies, but I spoke to some of the guys in my jeep club, were working on a meet and great for new members, so that will be fun. The club is also having a contest for the best trail ride video of the year, I will be entering with this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7HsmXNhrBk&feature=player_embedded

The video isn't the best quality, but we had all four wheels off the ground. Tossed us around pretty good, my wife's glasses came off her face and ended up under the seat. It was a really fun time.

I didn't do my sprints this week. I put them off until the weekend, then I got busy with prepping for the storm that was suppose to hit us. I spent many hours at work prepping the plant for the storm, and some time at home tieing up some loose ends. I am tired of prepping. So much water everywhere. Those of you that have been following will remember the problem we had with the lake at my job emptying, well now it is over flowing.

I have been eating well, I feel good about that. Even with all the changes in my life, my eating habits have been strong.

I skipped one workout last week, but spend many hours moving heavy stuff ( still unpacking, and prepping for the storm.)

Vitamins are second nature now, very happy with this.

I plan to do my max pull up test today, weather permitting. In the move I have no pull up bar, so I use a park across the street. Rain isn't a problem, but it is pretty nasty out right now. I am looking forward to seeing how many I can do when I am fresh.

I have 2 Woot moments I would like to share.

1. I weighed in yesterday at 184.8, That is crazy! That was my goal weight, because I didn't think I could do any better. Here I come 180.

2. It has been one full year since I had a cigarette. I am very happy about this one.

Hope everyone is having a super awesome day.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer
STR 27  DEX 18  STA 15  CON 14  WIS 14  CHA 12

Current Challenge

We made it out of the swamp just fine, but during my cleaning/inspection I found that my brake line had got caught during flight. A bolt grabbed the brake line and pulled it down as the wheels dropped (since they were off the ground.) It didn't brake, but bent all to hell. Cheap fix thou, got the pre bent piece from the dealer for under 10 bucks. I also knocked out a fog light, I was just going to replace it but jeep charges 50 bucks and I can't find a replacement from other companies. So I plan to swap out my fog for a different set up later, for now I just have winking fog lights.

I did my mid term max pull up test yesterday. My wife got home from school early so we did them together. We walked across the street to a park that has a pull up bar. The whole place was flooded, I felt kinda weird sloshing around to get to the bar. People were driving by, they must think were insane. I was just to excited to see how my pulls are going not to tromp around in the mud. I managed to do 4 full dead hand pull with no kicking, or squirming, or grunting. I did about another 1/4 but couldn't make it to 4.5. I am very happy with that. I started 3 weeks ago at 2 (barely) and am at 4 now. My goal was 5 by the end of the challenge, looks like that is going to be doable.

As a side note, our fridge in the new home now makes ice! It also dispenses yummy filtered water. Huzzah.

As always hope everyone is having a spectacular day.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer

Current Challenge

I did my mid term max pull up test yesterday. My wife got home from school early so we did them together. We walked across the street to a park that has a pull up bar. The whole place was flooded, I felt kinda weird sloshing around to get to the bar. People were driving by, they must think were insane.

If I get ring worm from all that rainwater I'm blaming you! :friendly_wink:

Level 6 Half-Pony Warrior Assassin
STR 9.5 | DEX 6 | STA 12.5 | CON 12.5 | WIS 15.5 | CHA 13.5
Current Challenge: Working out for two

"Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something" - Jake the Dog

Too bad you don't have a picture of you guys sloshing through the mud to do pull-ups--love that story.No excuses here! Way to go!

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Another quick woot moment to report. My clothes don't really fit me anymore, so my pants have kinda been hanging off of me for a little while. I just had to drill a new hole in my belt so I don't look like a hoodlum. New clothes will come soon, but man I dislike shopping.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, hope you are all having a fantastic night.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer

Current Challenge

My clothes don't really fit me anymore, so my pants have kinda been hanging off of me for a little while. I just had to drill a new hole in my belt so I don't look like a hoodlum.

This is a BIG deal! Congratulations.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Hey everybody,

I am starting to settle down for the night, so I thought I would post an update.

I am 50% for my sprint goal so far, I want to finish this one strong.

I am 100% for my vitamins, I ran out of gummy ones today. I went and got some Flintstone chewables. I am happy that it is habit for me to take my vitamins.

I phoned in my third workout this week. I really only pushed on my pull ups and close push ups. The rest of my body got a lazy workout. I found a new pull up bar, so I don't have to go to the park anymore. That saves some time.

Still a big fat zero on my hobby goal.

On a side note, I have been busy with my new home. I now have a working sprinkler system, exterior lights on a timer, our dryer finally drys clothes, We now have a functional grill, and I have continued with the unpacking. I guess I have been working on leveling up my house, not bad since I spend alot of time here.

Hope everyone has a lovely labor day.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer

Current Challenge

Still a big fat zero on my hobby goal.

On a side note, I have been busy with my new home. I now have a working sprinkler system, exterior lights on a timer, our dryer finally drys clothes, We now have a functional grill, and I have continued with the unpacking. I guess I have been working on leveling up my house, not bad since I spend alot of time here.

Hope everyone has a lovely labor day.

I think all your home improvement projects count as a hobby, but I might be a little bias. ;)

Level 6 Half-Pony Warrior Assassin
STR 9.5 | DEX 6 | STA 12.5 | CON 12.5 | WIS 15.5 | CHA 13.5
Current Challenge: Working out for two

"Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something" - Jake the Dog

I will have to really think about this. I am not sure if I can count my home improvement items towards my goal of enjoying my hobbies.

On one hand I do enjoy my time working around the house. It is enjoyable for me to fix stuff, and also work on new things. I have never cleaned a dryer vent line, never had to maintain a sprinkler system, never had to trouble shoot fridge/freezer problems. It has been enjoyable to accomplish fixing stuff I have never worked on. It also saves us some money.

On the other hand, when I picked the goal of participating in my hobbies, it was because I let life get in the way of having fun. School, work, family, chores, etc. I am not sure if my home improvement are just another item that I have allowed get in the way of my "fun time."

I still need to think about this one.

As a side note I did absolutely nothing useful after work yesterday. It was great. Grilled sausages on the new grill, wife made us some veggies. Then I watched football till I feel asleep. Football is back! Just awesome.

Hope everyone has a crazy good day.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer

Current Challenge

I have had this same conundrum, as house projects really are enjoyable to me. For me, there is a difference though. Using fishing as an example: a day of fishing is a day where I can relax and have little to no pressure to accomplish something. I'm a really work/project oriented person and hobby days do a lot to recharge my motivation. House projects, on the other hand, are usually necessary at some level, which makes them more stressful. I do categorize building fun furniture under hobbies...other house stuff doesn't count.

Stay strong on this Kyliewyotie! You have awesome hobbies, I hope you get to do some of them soon!

tinkerer
Level 14 Elven Blacksmith

current challenge - yearlong quest

14 13 12 11 10 9.1 9.0 8 7 6 5 4,2 4.1 4.0 3 2 1

I have had this same conundrum, as house projects really are enjoyable to me. For me, there is a difference though. Using fishing as an example: a day of fishing is a day where I can relax and have little to no pressure to accomplish something. I'm a really work/project oriented person and hobby days do a lot to recharge my motivation. House projects, on the other hand, are usually necessary at some level, which makes them more stressful. I do categorize building fun furniture under hobbies...other house stuff doesn't count.

That's a really good point. Even my awesome, self (not wife) motivated surround sound project turned into a chore by the end...

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

I had a wonderful day yesterday.

My wife has been crazy busy studying for her school, she needed alone time to study yesterday. This was a perfect time to go out and have some fun. I called some buddies from my jeep club to see if they wanted to go shooting. Turned out one of our members was having some problems with his transmission. So we decided to throw together a in prompt to wrenching party.

photo5.jpg

We had to replace the throw out bearing, so while in their we upgraded the clutch.

I have never done this job before (I have an auto) so it was fun to do something new.

photo1-2.jpg

We also replaced a beat up soft top, R.I.P. soft top you served your owner well.

We pulled some rusted lights off and replaced them with, these sexy led ones.

photo2-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

Last we mounted and wired up a winch. This is good news, more people with winched = more people to pull me when I get stuck.

After everyone's jeep was squared away I headed over to the range. I went through 250 rounds. I wanted to run my gun a bit before my trip next week. Everything performed perfectly. Today I will clean everything up, and pack it up to go on the plane with me.

photo-4.jpg

A picture of my first 15 shots at 30 feet. Not my best, but I will take it.

Its Sunday, hooray football. Go dolphins, even I laugh when saying that.

At night my work was throwing a party. Technically it is our Christmas party in September. We have found out that if we wait until December to do our party, corporate cuts our budget. If we do it early we get it in before cuts start happening. It was at a lovely hotel on the beach. Very high end. We had a fabulous dinner, open bar, live music, dancing, and a spectacular view. It was a very nice night.

On that note Merry Christmas everybody.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer

Current Challenge

That is great you were able to get spend some time on hobbies! A "wrenching" party sounds like an absolute blast!

Technically it is our Christmas party in September. We have found out that if we wait until December to do our party, corporate cuts our budget. If we do it early we get it in before cuts start happening.

Brilliant!

tinkerer
Level 14 Elven Blacksmith

current challenge - yearlong quest

14 13 12 11 10 9.1 9.0 8 7 6 5 4,2 4.1 4.0 3 2 1

Hey Everybody,

Here is the wrap up for my second challenge. I am currently out of town, so please excuse my brevity on my wrap up. I have left the heat of Florida and traveled north to Michigan. I had some vacation time to use up, and my folks were opening up a store, so I came to lend a hand.

My first goal was to sprint once a week. I didn't really earn my rocket powered roller skates. I managed to do it for 3 weeks out of 6. That is clearly a 50% success. So I plan to take half of the allotted stat points. So I gained 1.5 STA and 1 DEX.

My second goal was to become able of performing 5 pull ups. I got it! Friday before I jumped on the plane I gave it a go and bam 5 pulls. I will take 100% of the stat points for this one. Thank you Tom Kenobi really are a motivation for my pull ups. I gained 4 STR.

My third goal was to take my vitamins, the vitamin D the doc recommend as well as a multi vitamin. Great success on this one. It has become a habit. I get 100% on this as well. I gain 3 CON.

My last goal was to actively participate in one of my hobbies each week. I only managed to do it 2 out of the 6 weeks. 33% :(. I really enjoyed the times I did, I think I will carry this over to the next challenge. I really need to make time to relax and have fun. Thanks to tinkerer for helping to keep me honest about the difference between hobbies and home repair. I gained 1 CHA.

On a side note this week I really rocked the hobby goal. I attended a 10 hour tactical handgun course. Shot about 500 rounds, learned some great stuff, practiced some skills that were getting rusty, and tried out a lot of new gear I had never tried before. I finally shot some guns I have wanted to for a long time, and even got a go on a suppressed FN scar. Very enjoyable, and I got to do it with my folks, and the people they have working at their store. A crazy bad ass team building outing.

Here are some pics.

post4.jpg

Shooting while moving.

post2.jpg

Practicing my accuracy and quickness, targets were being called for me to engage.

post5.jpg

Shooting from cover.

For the mini challenges I didn't do too bad. I completed the first one gaining 1 DEX and 1 WIS. I completed the second one gaining 1 STR and 1 STA. I finished week 5 by organizing my shop, thanks for teaming up on this one Dill I gained 1WIS and 1 CHA. I also completed week 6, I taught the majority of the employees at my parents store how to break down numerous guns for cleanings I gained 1 WIS 1 DEX and 1 CHA.

Here is a picture of the store after I got the long guns hung up.

photo-5.jpg

Also I have lost another 9 pounds during this challenge, and feel much stronger. I am very much looking forward to the next challenge. I can't wait to see what the rest of you guys get yourselves into.

Have a crazy good week everybody.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer

Current Challenge

Here is a picture of the store after I got the long guns hung up.

photo-5.jpg

For some reason when I read "store" I pictured a small, countryesque, general store. I laughed when I saw the picture. ;)

Congrats on a pretty decent challenge. Sounds like you learned a lot, made some improvements, and know where you need to go next challenge! Looking forward to doing it again with you!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Well done man! Well FREEKIN done! 9lbs lost, 5 Pull ups (You are catching up!), a tactical handgun course. All sorts of awesome. BTW...is that an XD you are using? :)

All in all, looking forward to seeing your continued results!

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines