Dillpedo Torpedo's "I'm a Hot Shot (Part Deux)" Challenge

Wolverine

DILLPEDO TORPEDO'S "I'M A HOT SHOT (PART DEUX)" CHALLENGE

Training Goal: Workout Every Other Day

I did really well working out 3 times per week last challenge and now it's time to pick up the pace a bit. I have both a static and dynamic bodyweight workout that I will be switching back and forth between, but I'm going to give myself the freedom to throw in some sledgehammer work or running or exotic dancing should the feeling arise. If I miss a workout, I am allowing myself to make it up later as long as I get the scheduled number of workouts completed.

Possible Points: 6

• 100-90% Workouts Completed: +2 STR, +2 DEX, +2 STA
  • 89-80% Workouts Completed: +1.5 STR, +1.5 DEX, +1.5 STA
  • 79-70% Workouts Completed: +1 STR, +1 DEX, +1 STA
  • 69-0% Workouts Completed: Nada

Nutrition Goal: 1700-1900 Calories and at least 90 g Protein

I am aiming for 1800 calories and 100 g of protein per day ON AVERAGE, but have left myself a little wiggle. I will be totaling my macros at the end of the week and dividing for my average daily intake. This gives me the room to calorie cycle or fast if I'm into it.

Possible Points: 6

• 100-90% Daily Macros Met: +2 CON, +2 WIS, +2 CHA
  • 89-80% Daily Macros Met: +1.5 CON, +1.5 WIS, +1.5 CHA
  • 79-70% Daily Macros Met: +1 CON, +1 WIS, +1 CHA
  • 69-0% Daily Macros Met: Nada

Life Goal: Limit Unnecessary Spending

No new training gear. No jeans. No hats. No sneakers. No magazines. No subscriptions. Nada. Stop spending, start saving! I am not going to limit going out, movies, concerts, etc. as I have next to no social life thanks to The Boy Wonder and I'm not going to inhibit it any further.

Possible Points: 2

• 6-5 Weeks Without Spending: +1 WIS, +1 CHA
  • 4-3 Weeks Without Spending: +0.5 WIS, +0.5 CHA
  • 2-0 Weeks Without Spending: Nada

C-C-C-COMBO: Keep the Momentum Going

This is a new challenge, but I don't want to forget what I've accomplished in the past. Therefore, I will also be focusing on keeping up with my goals from last challenge (albeit slightly modified). I will be (a) flossing daily, (B) shaving weekly, © tracking all my food over at MyFitnessPal.com, and (d) staying active on the boards offering encouragement, support, and accountability (LOVE!!!).

Possible Points: 1

• 100-90% Momentum Kept: +1 CON
  • 89-80% Momentum Kept: +0.50 CON
  • 79-0% Momentum Kept: Nada

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

I dig it! Especially the not-forgetting-what-you-learned goal.

I'm going to give myself the freedom to throw in some ... exotic dancing should the feeling arise.

Video, or it never happened. :)

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

That's a good assortment of goals. Plugging holes in the wallet is a hard battle, good luck with that! I like your momentum goal, too. Sounds like you will have a lot of math to do at the end of the week!

Glad to see that you're back for another one of these (not that I had doubts after 1st). Looking forward to your updates.

tinkerer
Level 14 Elven Blacksmith

current challenge - yearlong quest

14 13 12 11 10 9.1 9.0 8 7 6 5 4,2 4.1 4.0 3 2 1

Had me laughing so loud my wife wanted to see what the commotion was about. Great vid intro! I will be following your thread again for sure.

Glad that I could provide some levity, and also glad you chose the guild you did. Not that there is a "coolest guild ever" or anything but... ;)

Video, or it never happened. :)

Hahaha! This might have to be part of a PvP at some point...

Glad to see that you're back for another one of these (not that I had doubts after 1st). Looking forward to your updates.

Ditto, Blacksmith! I'm looking forward to following your story...

BAH-ring it Dill!

Oh, I'll bring it. I'll bring it like a pickle... in a pickle jar? Yeah... nevermind... ;)

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Great goals, looking forward to your challenge.

Is that your baby in the photo? His expression makes me think he must be watching your exotic dancing!

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Great goals, looking forward to your challenge.

Is that your baby in the photo? His expression makes me think he must be watching your exotic dancing!

Yup, that is, in fact, The Boy Wonder in all his glory... I'll leave the reason for his expression a mystery. ;)

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Hey Dillpedo, breaking down your point award by percentages is an awesome idea. I also like extra points for momentum (I might incorporate that into my next challenge). Good luck to you!

Level 1 Elven Assassin

Height 5'2'' | Weight 114

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2| CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Add Me On Fitocracy

Challenge: The Legend of Soiyer | Book 1: Swagger (#1) Not taking part in the current challenge but will regroup and return next time!

Yup, that is, in fact, The Boy Wonder in all his glory... I'll leave the reason for his expression a mystery. ;)

He's a cutie!

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Hey Dillpedo, breaking down your point award by percentages is an awesome idea. I also like extra points for momentum (I might incorporate that into my next challenge). Good luck to you!

Thanks, Soiyer! I definitely didn't want to forget what I learned in the last challenge and while I didn't accomplish EVERYTHING I set out to do, I got a really good start! Now... time to rock the next six weeks!

He's a cutie!

Thank you kindly! We certainly think so (in a totally unbiased sort of way, of course). :)

Good luck! :)

Thanks, Perdi!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

woot bay area :)

Goals look solid.. Your plan is laid out nicely.. looks like yer all set..

I'm with you on the protein thing.. trying to keep mine around 120-150 grams per day.. not only is it difficult to do, but also significantly more load on the ol' food budget..

Kinda nice yer trying to watch your spending.. helps with all the protein yer gonna have to buy :) I need to watch my spending as well.. Amazon/Zappos are quite tempting..

Good Luck!

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. - Bruce Lee

woot bay area :)

Goals look solid.. Your plan is laid out nicely.. looks like yer all set..

I'm with you on the protein thing.. trying to keep mine around 120-150 grams per day.. not only is it difficult to do, but also significantly more load on the ol' food budget..

Kinda nice yer trying to watch your spending.. helps with all the protein yer gonna have to buy :) I need to watch my spending as well.. Amazon/Zappos are quite tempting..

Good Luck!

Thanks for checking in and the encouragement!

My long term goal is to get up to 135 g of protein but I wanted to start a bit more realistically and then increase once I've got the initial level down. Aim big, start small... or something... :)

Seconded ;)

Hahahaha... noted. Maybe next challenge's theme will be "Magic Mike" inspired. ;)

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Training

Today was my gymnastic skills and static strength day. Lost a little bit after the week off between challenges, but not too bad. This will serve as an excellent baseline to gauge how far I've come at the end of the challenge. Also, my hands are ground, swollen meat after the rings. They're going to take some getting used to!

• Hollow Hold to Reverse Plank to Side Plank to Side Plank to Superman Hold to Front Plank: 60 Sec. (Each)
  • Pull-Ups (TwentyPullUps.com Progression): 4 / 4 / 4 / 3 / 5 (Max)
  • Tuck Sit on Rings: 30 / 30 / 30 Sec.
  • Frog Stand: 23 / 23 / 28 Sec.
  • Elevated (13") Planche Lean: 4" Lean, 24 / 25 / 31 Sec.
  • Inverted Tuck on Rings: 37 / 40 / 40 Sec.
  • Wall Assisted Handstand: 3 Min. Practice, ~2 Sec. Freestanding
  • Falling Tower Hold: 25 / 25 / 25 Sec.
  • Glute-Hamstring Hold: 10 / 10 / 10 Sec.
  • Jump Rope: 2 Min.

Nutrition

• Calories: 1450
  • Protein: 129

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Heya, you've been really awesome about supporting me in my challenges, so I'm looking forward to following your progress as well.

The static/dynamic split is a great idea, keep us posted on how it treats you. It's hard to believe that a workout comprised of statics would be as draining and productive as dynamics, but I wanna be proved wrong. =)

Train hard. Drink tea.

The static/dynamic split is a great idea, keep us posted on how it treats you. It's hard to believe that a workout comprised of statics would be as draining and productive as dynamics, but I wanna be proved wrong. =)

Oh my gosh.

You've practiced some German hangs, the precursor to back lever training. Just like one arm pushups and reps, with levers the more the time and difficulty increases, the more it just throttles every muscle in the body. All heavy static work is like this.

Another example is planches. As you go from frog stand to advanced frog stand, to tuck planche, to advanced tuck planche, to straddle planche, each step along the way more and more muscles need to be a fully flexed. For the frog stand you really don't have to flex much, just the forearms really, a little in the core/shoulders. The advanced frog stand requires you to flex every muscle in the arms and the shoulders, plus the core a little more. Strengthen this flex a bit and you have a tuck planche. To go to advanced tuck planche you have to add in fully flexing the back. Open the legs into a straddle planche and you've got to flex all of your leg muscles too. To hold a straddle planche and beyond you really have to flex every single muscle in your body.

In some ways statics are even more productive since you are under constant tension. A static is basically a frozen negative (or the flipside, a negative is a slow moving static). While reps based work is better for power output, static is better for strength in the small arc of the hold, and if hypertrophy is the goal, statics really do the trick.

currently maintaning

battle log challenges: 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
follow me: myfitnesspal
don't panic!

Great workout. Were you able to watch the Olympics with the gymnastic rings? Those guys are freakin strong.

Oh my gosh.

You've practiced some German hangs, the precursor to back lever training. Just like one arm pushups and reps, with levers the more the time and difficulty increases, the more it just throttles every muscle in the body. All heavy static work is like this.

Another example is planches. As you go from frog stand to advanced frog stand, to tuck planche, to advanced tuck planche, to straddle planche, each step along the way more and more muscles need to be a fully flexed. For the frog stand you really don't have to flex much, just the forearms really, a little in the core/shoulders. The advanced frog stand requires you to flex every muscle in the arms and the shoulders, plus the core a little more. Strengthen this flex a bit and you have a tuck planche. To go to advanced tuck planche you have to add in fully flexing the back. Open the legs into a straddle planche and you've got to flex all of your leg muscles too. To hold a straddle planche and beyond you really have to flex every single muscle in your body.

In some ways statics are even more productive since you are under constant tension. A static is basically a frozen negative (or the flipside, a negative is a slow moving static). While reps based work is better for power output, static is better for strength in the small arc of the hold, and if hypertrophy is the goal, statics really do the trick.

Hot DAMN. Begging pardon here, had no idea how intensely statics could affect the body. I've only just started working on them this summer, previously no experience except for planks. But thinking about it, what you've explained makes sense when applied to yoga--guess that's why real yoginis are so lean, if most of their time is spent under so much tension holding poses for deep, slow breaths, which translates to holding 10-20s statics over the course of an hour or more.

It's a good thing we have smart and savvy folks like you to jump in to correct me. =P Hope this helped anyone else lurking the thread as well.

Train hard. Drink tea.

Heya, you've been really awesome about supporting me in my challenges, so I'm looking forward to following your progress as well.

Awesome! You're one of my workout heroes from last challenge so I'm extra excited to have your support!

I can only imagine that using the rings is crazy hard.

I never even thought about how raw they would make them.

And you know how when your muscles get tired they shake? Every little shake is magnified on rings!

In addition, static holds on rings add an entirely new level of pain as your body tries to keep you stable on an inherently unstable apparatus!

Great workout. Were you able to watch the Olympics with the gymnastic rings? Those guys are freakin strong.

I haven't yet, but it's sitting on my TiVo waiting for me! :)

Good numbers Dill, keep up the good work man, I know you will!

Thanks, Kenobi!!!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Good work!

In addition, static holds on rings add an entirely new level of pain as your body tries to keep you stable on an inherently unstable apparatus!

Where did you acquire your rings?

I haven't yet, but it's sitting on my TiVo waiting for me!

NBC has come through, a bit. I've been watching footage online. They have "best of" highlights from the American Olympic qualifying (i.e., US gymnasts qualifying to go to the Olympics) and they actually have better coverage of rings routines than the ones at the actual Olympics. They're amazing! One guy did multiple swings through the rings and stopped in a straddle planche, all looking quite effortless. Ha.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines