Dillpedo Torpedo's "I'm a Hot Shot (Part Deux)" Challenge

Wolverine

NBC has come through, a bit. I've been watching footage online. They have "best of" highlights from the American Olympic qualifying (i.e., US gymnasts qualifying to go to the Olympics) and they actually have better coverage of rings routines than the ones at the actual Olympics. They're amazing! One guy did multiple swings through the rings and stopped in a straddle planche, all looking quite effortless. Ha.

NBC covered the Men's rings individual event a little last night. ZOMG the guy that won is frickin ripped. Loved his routine.

oly-aggregation-8_t_w600_h3000.jpg

That is just crazy. Bodyweight workouts FTW!

currently maintaning

battle log challenges: 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
follow me: myfitnesspal
don't panic!

Great goals.. love the percentages and the spending goal. I could use some work on that one myself. And you've inspired me to look up statics and post my own starting stats. Good luck with the challenge!

Thanks, Buff. Love the name, BTW... :)

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Dillpedo - great goals, entertaining intro and great tracking. Its going to be a pleasure watching this thread and supporting you for these 6 weeks! Keep it up.

Slightly off topic

BuffaloWings - digging the boots!

Onslaught Studios

Fade: Level 1 Gnome Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 4 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

My First Challenge - http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?16044-A-new-Recruit-My-first-6-week-challenge

Dillpedo - great goals, entertaining intro and great tracking. Its going to be a pleasure watching this thread and supporting you for these 6 weeks! Keep it up.

Slightly off topic

BuffaloWings - digging the boots!

Thanks, Fade!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

I just got an affordable set from Amazon. Nothing to fancy, but sturdy and seem to be holding up well so far!

basically the same ones I got from amazon.. my little 3 1/2 year old seems to use them more than I do though.. :P

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. - Bruce Lee

basically the same ones I got from amazon.. my little 3 1/2 year old seems to use them more than I do though.. :P

Hmmm, another reason I want to get rings (and excuse for the wife). They are every bit as good a toy for kids as they are a workout apparatus for adults. And the good kind of toy. A few of my workout things are that way.

My little one lately has got a kick out of dead hanging from bars. He makes flexing face when it does it. It is just hilarious. Too bad dad's pullup bar is way too high up for him to play with by himself.

currently maintaning

don't panic!

Glad to see you rocking the new challenge...you were definitely an inspiration last one and I have no doubt you'll be one of the ones to watch this one!

I've found that introducing any sort of instability magnifies the intensity. One thing I've been goofing around with is doing slow-motion pushups on two stability balls--hands on one, feet on the other. Works your core like nobody's business! I've been lucky enough to be able to grab time on the equipment where my daughter does gymnastics as well. My other goal is to be able to do crow pose on the rings.

I'm a ways off, in all honesty.

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

Looking forward to more rings updates! Do you just loop them over the pullup bar or are they mounted separately?

You could just loop them through the pull-up bar, but I've got some open rafters in my garage that I throw 'em over. Gets them higher off the ground for lever work and allows me to just toss them up and out of the way when I'm done.

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL MY KID IS OLD ENOUGH TO WORK OUT WITH ME. We're still working on head control, but as soon as we've got that down we're ready to start serious training. ;)

Glad to see you rocking the new challenge...you were definitely an inspiration last one and I have no doubt you'll be one of the ones to watch this one!

I've found that introducing any sort of instability magnifies the intensity. One thing I've been goofing around with is doing slow-motion pushups on two stability balls--hands on one, feet on the other. Works your core like nobody's business! I've been lucky enough to be able to grab time on the equipment where my daughter does gymnastics as well. My other goal is to be able to do crow pose on the rings.

I'm a ways off, in all honesty.

My favorite part of this site is how much inspiration/encouragement/support it offers. How cool is it that the people who you find inspiring are equally inspired by you? Just awesome!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Hmmm, another reason I want to get rings (and excuse for the wife). They are every bit as good a toy for kids as they are a workout apparatus for adults. And the good kind of toy. A few of my workout things are that way.

My little one lately has got a kick out of dead hanging from bars. He makes flexing face when it does it. It is just hilarious. Too bad dad's pullup bar is way too high up for him to play with by himself.

Someone needs a kiddy step up to the pull-up bar... ;)

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Training

• Dynamic Day Canceled

I've had chronic migraines for most of my life. When I hit my mid-twenties they slowed significantly and now I only get them once or twice a year. Tuesday night my time was up and after the 3 am soothe session with my son, it hit me right between the eyes. Pain, vomiting, the works. It's been awhile since one has hit me that hard. Yesterday was spent in bed recovering, and I wisely skipped my scheduled workout last night. I'm hoping to get back on the wagon tonight, but it really depends on how my day goes - I may end up having to skip another day or doing a much reduced workout. We'll see.

Bummed to start out the challenge already a workout down, but this one is a little out of my control.

Nutrition

• Calories: 1569
  • Protein: 95

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

I wisely skipped my scheduled workout last night. I'm hoping to get back on the wagon tonight, but it really depends on how my day goes - I may end up having to skip another day or doing a much reduced workout. We'll see.

Ummm.....

546091-bj-raji-green-bay-packers.jpg

Got some football tonight. I'm real interested to see all the young guys on D. Even if they only kinda suck, it'll be a huge improvement. Rodgers looked frickin great family night, probably not going to see too much of him tonight.

T minus 3.5 hours. #giddy

currently maintaning

don't panic!

Bummed to start out the challenge already a workout down, but this one is a little out of my control.

Bummer. Take care of yourself, and we'll see you back in no time.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Take it easy and come back ready to conquer the world.

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

So... my migraine (singular) became migraines (plural... this is what those "in the know" call a "cluster") and a week long stuck in bed sort of thing. No computer, no TV, just lots of books on tape. Lots and lots of books on tape.

I have stuck with the first week as best as I could, but obviously my challenge is going to suffer a little until I'm back on my feet again. Working out is still a no go, but I'm among the mobile and moderately alive again (hopefully, for good this time!).

Here's a rundown of my goals and how I did on week 1:

Workout Every Other Day

I had four scheduled workouts and I completed one. I'm putting this goal on pause until Monday. I am hoping my brain will be in order again for weeks 3-6 of the challenge.

1700-1900 Calories and at least 90 g Protein

Average Calories = 1,591

Average Protein = 81 g

I got closer with this one, but much stomach upset (goes with the headache... yay!) = not nearly enough calories or protein. I've tried to make up for a bit of that in the past couple of days, but wasn't able to undo all the damage. Lost 5 pounds this week. Not so good.

Limit Unnecessary Spending

Did really well with this one. 100%!

Keep the Momentum Going

Floss every day? CHECK! Shave once a week? CHECK! Track all food? CHECK! Stay active on the forums? 3/7 days or... when I was able to log on. Not too shabby!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Ugh, doesn't sound like you've had a fun week. Good job on tracking food even when you've felt crappy. Remember to allow yourself more calories once the migraine is gone. Hope you are back to fighting form soon

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines