Dillpedo Torpedo's "I'm a Hot Shot (Part Deux)" Challenge

Wolverine

Feeling a lot better these days. Currently in Montana visiting family. Getting in some non traditional type workouts... hiking swimming and the like. Not planning on picking up my regular routine until we get back but in the mean time this is a nice slow way not to overdo it with my rattled brains.

I also had some opportunities for some frog stand practice:

530999_261085417341879_1477986115_n.jpg

In the Montana Governor's press room.

388055_261085854008502_1250359721_n.jpg

In the Montana Senate Chambers.

228569_261086450675109_566497808_n.jpg

On a (fake, dead, giant) bison!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Feeling a lot better these days. Currently in Montana visiting family. Getting in some non traditional type workouts... hiking swimming and the like. Not planning on picking up my regular routine until we get back but in the mean time this is a nice slow way not to overdo it with my rattled brains.

I also had some opportunities for some frog stand practice:

c6e4d898-b08f-a3ae.jpg

In the Montana Governor's press room.

c6e4d898-b0b6-1ad9.jpg

In the Montana Senate Chambers.

c6e4d898-b158-c6b3.jpg

On a (fake, dead, giant) bison!

This...Is awesome.... HAHA

Sorry about the migranes, man, that REALLY sucks. Not much is going to happen while you have a migraine. I'm super impressed that you managed books on tape and tracking your food!

Glad your back in the game!!

Bounty Hunter Jedi Assasin

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

And... I'm back! I had a great week of recovery and I'm super stoked about being able to restart this challenge. Week 3 is the new Week 1. :)

Monday's Training

• None scheduled (traveling home from Montana)

Monday's Diet

• 1391 calories
  • 22 g protein

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Many thanks, Inara!!!

Tuesday's Training

• None Scheduled

Tuesday's Diet

• 1951 calories
  • 108 g protein

Wednesday's Training

• Pull-Ups: 4 / 3 / 2 / 4 / 5
  • Warm-Up (Thanks, Elastigirl!) + 10 Push-Ups + 10 Prisoner Squats
  • Hollow Hold + Reverse Plank + Side Plank + Front Plank + Side Plank + Superman Hold: 45 Sec. Each
  • Incline (17.5") One-Arm Push-Up: 2, 2 / 3, 3 / 3, 3
  • Weighted (10 lb.) Partial (13") Pistol Squat: - 5, 5 / 5, 5 / 5, 5
  • Partial (6") Handstand Push-Up: - 10 / 10 / 10
  • Inverted Row on Rings with Feet Parallel - 10 / 8 / 6
  • Straight Leg Bridge on Exercise Ball: - 10 / 10 / 10
  • Tuck Dragon Flag: 4 / 4 / 4

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Wednesday's Training

• Hollow Hold + Reverse Plank + Side Plank + Front Plank + Side Plank + Superman Hold: 45 Sec. Each

Dillpedo, back with a vengeance!

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

That's quite a workout! Still jealous of you having rings...hope you're enjoying them! I'd be really interested to hear a +/- review of your rafter setup after a few weeks. I would be looking at a similar situation if I picked some up.

tinkerer
Level 14 Elven Blacksmith

current challenge - yearlong quest

14 13 12 11 10 9.1 9.0 8 7 6 5 4,2 4.1 4.0 3 2 1

Been out of the loop for a couple of days, but thrilled to see you back and bringing it! Loved the crow pose pics!!!

Glad you liked them. You were my inspiration sooo... ;)

Dillpedo, back with a vengeance!

And sore like a mofo!

That's quite a workout! Still jealous of you having rings...hope you're enjoying them! I'd be really interested to hear a +/- review of your rafter setup after a few weeks. I would be looking at a similar situation if I picked some up.

I'm going to be interested to see how the straps hold up with the constant rubbing on the rafter. I may end up throwing a towel over the rafter and then the straps over that to preventing as much rubbing. The only two cons that I can think of right now (other than the rubbing) are (a) the cheap plastic material of the rings really burns and though chalk has helped it hasn't eliminated it. I'm looking into purchasing some gymnastics grips (after my challenge and my "no unnecessary spending rule" is up, of course!). Also, (B) there are no markings on the straps so it's difficult to get them to the same length every time. I've added some painters tape in a few key locations, though, so I can return the straps to regularly used lengths without too much difficulty.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Wednesday's Diet

• 951 calories
  • 78 g protein

Thursday's Training

• Pull-Ups: 4 / 3 / 3 / 4 / 5

Pull-ups are a bit weird this week due to missing my workout on Monday (plane ride home from Montana). Knocked them out on the bar at work on my ten minute break.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

950 calories? Isn't that extremly low? I'm thinking it may not be good if while you are doing pull ups at work you pass out.

Maybe you mean 1950 calories?

Good job on the pull ups!

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

950 calories? Isn't that extremly low? I'm thinking it may not be good if while you are doing pull ups at work you pass out.

Maybe you mean 1950 calories?

Good job on the pull ups!

Nope, I meant 950 calories, and, yup, it is LOW. This is why I put a lower limit on my calorie goal... I tend to limit myself too much when I'm watching what I eat. This is also why I'm going for a weekly average, as opposed to a daily goal. I naturally calorie cycle, not nearly on purpose it just happens. I like to eat big one day and small the next. I'll make up for it today (a training day!) and this weekend so the numbers come out right (hopefully!). Long term, though, I need to work on being more consistent and controlled from day-to-day. I don't want to negatively impact my training too much, and I'm going to if I don't get my act together!

This is something I'm thinking/writing about for this week's Assassin's Challenge. Stay tuned. ;)

Thursday's Diet

• 1578 calories
  • 81 g protein

Friday's Training

• Pull-Ups: 4 / 3 / 3 / 4 / 5 (Max)
  • Warmup
  • Tuck Sit on Rings: 30 Sec. / 30 Sec. / 13 Sec.
  • Frog Stand: 60 Sec.
  • Inverted Tuck on Rings: 31 Sec. / 36 Sec. / 32 Sec.
  • Handstand: 3 Min. of Practice
  • Glute-Hamstring Raise: 3 / 3 / 3
  • Bridge: 13 Sec. / 15 Sec. / 14 Sec.

Holy crap, a 60 second frog stand!!! I finally made it!!! It was ugly and shaky, but I made it. And on to advanced frog stands I go...

Had a handstand breakthrough. Stopped attempting to balance with my feet/legs, and focused more on keeping myself upright with my hands/fingers. I actually stayed upright for a good 3-4 seconds before falling back onto the wall. I'm confident that I'll be able to get there with this newly discovered technique.

It's hard to tell, but I think I'm making progress on the glute-hamstring raise. At this point, I'm doing negatives as slowly as possible and then using as little arm assist for the raise portion as I can get away with. I wish there was a way in my current setup to assist with bands or something quantifiable, but there isn't so I'm gonna have to make do with the feeling that I have that I'm going lower with less arm assist each time.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Great progress, especially coming back from a sickness setback. Be careful with the calorie cycling--don't want to go too much under your TDEE on rest days, otherwise your system starts to shut things down.

Thanks and agreed... the "healthy eating" thing is definitely a work in progress!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines