The Silent Sledghammer Challenge

Elastigirl

Pic's to prove we are actual people. My son, hubby, and I. Not sure why I'm not smiling.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5298[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5299[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5300[/ATTACH]

You were very focused. haha.

And I have to convince hubby that is is manly and fun to roast a pig on the bbq in the rain

Thats totally doable!

Major congrats on the TGU's! That's so exciting when you get to progess to something new. And ROCK AT IT!

So are we going to get some pictures of your fantabulous deck? I feel like it's an epic I've been reading for ages.

"The Deck Project."

The deck quest.

Bounty Hunter Jedi Assasin

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Thanks Happienumber.

I have a gazillion pictures of "The Deck Quest" I'll have to sort through and get the most epic pic's

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

WEEKLY REVIEW

Goal #1SHoD 4 x a week-complete + 1 bonus day; 16 miles a week, only did 14 miles this week. Pretty good, but not quite there

Goal #2 Crow 15 seconds; Making progress. Not sure exactly how long I'm at. I need to time myself

Goal #3 TGU"S 10 each side-Goal complete

Goal #4Finish bookGoal complete place make a new paleo food-Not done and probably not going to happen. I forgot an important detail when setting this goal. Its summer and we don't have air conditioning. Our kitchen is the hottest place in the house. I'm good just to fix meals much less extra stuff, so I'm most likely just rolling this goal to next time

MOUNTAIN MUSINGS

Yesterday, i hiked up a steep mt (elevation gain about 2000 ft) Something I wouldn't have done before. I was kind of saying negative things about how slow I went, how often I needed to stop, etc. Caught myself and realized I did many things I can be proud of. So here's my brag list to remind me that I can push myself further than I thought that I can overcome my fears, and to remember to give myself credit for how far I've come

1)Kept going even though I was tired and it was steep

2)I think this is the steepest place I've ever climbed

3)I was scared some on the way up where the trail was steep, but I kept going

4) Terrified some of the way down that felt very slippery and steep, but I pushed past my fear and kept going

5) Made it to the summit!

6) Found a cool place to do the crow

7) Ate a big dinner afterwards, but still paleo- Didn't say now I "deserve" fries

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

MOUNTAIN MUSINGS

Yesterday, i hiked up a steep mt (elevation gain about 2000 ft) Something I wouldn't have done before. I was kind of saying negative things about how slow I went, how often I needed to stop, etc. Caught myself and realized I did many things I can be proud of. So here's my brag list to remind me that I can push myself further than I thought that I can overcome my fears, and to remember to give myself credit for how far I've come

1)Kept going even though I was tired and it was steep

2)I think this is the steepest place I've ever climbed

3)I was scared some on the way up where the trail was steep, but I kept going

4) Terrified some of the way down that felt very slippery and steep, but I pushed past my fear and kept going

5) Made it to the summit!

6) Found a cool place to do the crow

7) Ate a big dinner afterwards, but still paleo- Didn't say now I "deserve" fries

Most excellent quest, and most excellent list! Focusing on the positives is one of my biggest challenges and it's cool to see someone else with the same goal kicking butt!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Most excellent quest, and most excellent list! Focusing on the positives is one of my biggest challenges and it's cool to see someone else with the same goal kicking butt!

Thanks.

Tuesday morning I woke up with a nasty head cold. I used to be a person who was constantly sick. Since giving up wheat a year ago, this is the first, I feel really crummy cold. I have managed some workouts. The crow has suffered, because having my head almost upside down is a no-go right now.

Tuesday-

14 min Sledgehammer of Doom

inlcine push ups 12-13-12-13-6 ( This was pretty dang awesome for me,a PR even though I was sick)

chin-up 2-3-2-2-1

2.5 mile walk

Wednesday

20 minute SHoD/KB combo Did a mix of hammer/goblet squats/ swings

In the evening I went for a walk with hubby. Funny thing was I felt crummy but I still wanted to take a walk. The weather was warm, and really walking around the neighborhoods is not tiring, its relaxing. Hubby said he didn't want to go and I said ok I was going anyway. He decided to come. I think he felt guilty that the sick person was willing to go out for a walk.

I want to do more hikes like I did Saturday-up mountains. Not sure how much that will happen now that summer is almost over, but next spring, I hope to do it .

Thursday

Still fighting the cold. Feeling a little better, but pretty blah. Tried to do crow and it was a failure. have you ever tried to do a crow when your head is all stopped up? No balance. On the happy front I needed a swimsuit for vacation and so had to go swimsuit shopping-something I totally dread. Even when I'm at a happy place for how I look somehow swimsuits magnify every bulge and wrinkle. And it was end of season so pickins' were very slim. But I did find something I'm super happy with. Its a tankini and little swimsuit skorts. It basically looks like something I would exercise in. Very comfy and just felt like me.

Workout:

15 minutes SHoD

walk 3 miles

Friday

Feeling better today. Still draggy but not as stopped up. And so now for the good news...drumroll...fanfare.... I did a 15 second crow which means that goal is achieved. Funny, because all week my crows have sucked. I wasn't worried about it, it was just because I was sick, but still no progress. And then today I was doing them and felt super strong and well balanced. So for me, optimum crow performance is achieved when my head is still slightly foggy.:chuncky:

My incline push up numbers are good too. I think GtG last week really helped. I was whining and saying they didn't,but once again, patience proves its point. The rest of the bodyweight was so-so because I didn't have much oomph. Some days there just isn't any beast to be unleashed nad you have to settle for a.. a.. I'm not sure what metaphor goes here..

Workout

15 minutes SHoD

crow

TGU's 10 lb 2-2-2-2

incline push up 15-14-11-11

chin ups 2-2-2-1-2 and then a couple sets sometimes during the day when I passed by the bar

Walk; 3 miles

Miles walked

Monday 6.7

Tuesday 2.5

Wednesday 2.0

Thursday 3.0

Friday 3.0

Total 17.2-Woot!

Woo Hoo- almost therBe. Made it through week 5

Week 5 Goal

#1 4 days of SHoD and 16 miles walked-Done .Actually made 18 miles to make up for shortfall last week. I had a cold and still did it-an A for this week

#2 Turkish Gets Ups-Unlocked goal on week 4. This week I did some weighted TGU's. Not much here due to cold though.

#3 15 second Crow-Goal Attained This surprised me. I did lousy all week due to cold and then suddenly it happened on Friday. I'm interested to see how this week goes

#4 Cook something new Paleo- Total fail on this one and not really caring. Chalking it up to bad planning. Who plans to be in the kitchen more in the hottest month of summer?! I'll makes something next challenge in the cool months of fall.

Next week-

We are going on vacation-Yea!!! Not sure how many workouts I'll get in. The plan was to sub bodyweight exercises for the hammer, but I'm doubtful it will happen. Maybe I'll be motivated, it sort of depends on how busy we are. I will do lots of walking. I did decide to buy a pedometer, so I can track mileage. And I plan on having hubby take my picture doing the crow in a few places.

I might not post much later this week due to vacation, and as soon as we get home, I'm helping my son move into his apt. But I'm thinking of you all and cheering you on to the finish.We're almost to the finish line!Let's get that burst of speed and charge through that line with victory in our hands RAWR

I went ahead and bought a new pedometer. My best friend recommended it. Tried it out today and it is really accurate. Its one where you don't have to worry what positions its in for it to record your steps. So yay, I have a pedometer for my vacation!

And I updated my signature with points from the mini challenges and I'm in double digts .Booyah!

Boston update:

We walked 9 miles the first day. Pretty much all the Freedom Trail + a few side trips and went swimming in the evening. I ended the day with sweet potaotoe fries. I consider those a cheat, but a very good cheat as these were fresh. We found the most awesome restuarant everThe Four Burgers It had grass fed burgers and then I had a side salad, that was actually a real salad, with good lettuce and tons of veggies. And the dressing-it was just oil and vinegar. And of course the fries. Why have I never heard Bostonians mention this place? I'm in love with it.

Next day: 10.6 miles, including walking up the 294 steps of the Boston Monument. I did take a few breaks walking up the monument though, my son scoffed when I stopped at step 125, but..just..needed... to catch my breath. Ate atPier 4an amazing Boston restuarant with a gorgeous view. Take the subway back to the hotel. My son ran up the subway stairs, so I took the challenge and ran up with him. There was some talk of swimming tonight too-not sure now that we're sitting down if any of us will actually move though.

No bodyweight excercises done- I did briefly consider it this morning but instead just kept reading my book. Eh, not really worying about it though.

My son says we have to run up all the stairstomorrow. Taking your college son on vacation is a great way to stay in shape:smug:

oh my goodness that's a lot of miles! Boston is awesome, I was just there last weekend. I never saw a Four Burgers, but I was exclusively in a Spanish neighborhood [Las cuatro vacas? LOL] sounds like you found a gem! You've got those stairs. You're a sledgehammer assassin, those stairs should be SCARED.

Bounty Hunter Jedi Assasin

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

I want a report and I want it right now! :)

Seriously, how did the lethal sledgehammer wielding assassin do?[/quote

Ha, ok ok. I posted on the challenge thread. Here is the copy and paste version

Challenge Wrap-up

Goal #1

SHoD 4 days a week + 16 miles of walking a week

Week 1 Accomplished grade= A

Week 2 Accomplished grade = A

Week 3 Accomplished grade= A

Week 4 SHoD accomplished; walking only 14 miles grade = B

Week 5 Accomplished grade = A

Week 6 SHoD only 2 days;However walking was about 45 miles!] A-

Overall A-

Points possible 4; points awarded 3.5 ; 2.5 Stamina, 1 Strength

Goal #2

Crow; Goal was to do this 30 seconds, which I didn't make. However on the mini challenge goal reflection I changed it to 15 seconds;so Accomplished grade = A

Full points awarded Dex 2 ; 1 Strength

Goal #3

TGU's 10 bodyweight each side

goal accomplished grade= A

Life goal

Finish book and create a new to me Paleo food

Book done, Paleo food dropped, poor wisdom on my part having a cooking goal in summer grade=C

Points possible 4, points awarded 2 Wisdom .5 CHA 1.5

OVERALL GOAL B+ , I'm pretty happy with this, considering I had a cold one week and we were on vacation another.

BONUS GOALS

Ok, these weren't really goals. But they happened as a result of my goals so I wanted to share

BONUS GOAL 1

Went on Bizzarro Rollercoaster with my son. It goes 210ft high!, I never would have done it pre- NF, because I'm scared of heights. But I've been working on getting over my fear, and so I went. And I actually had fun

Points awarded 50 in cool mom category

BONUS GOAL 2

I did crow poses on both coasts of America. I was able to do one on a Puget Sound Beach, which empties into the Pacific Ocean

and the other on Cape Cod Bay

I want a report and I want it right now! :)

Seriously, how did the lethal sledgehammer wielding assassin do?

Ha, ok ok. I posted on the challenge thread. Here is the copy and paste version

Challenge Wrap-up

Goal #1

SHoD 4 days a week + 16 miles of walking a week

Week 1 Accomplished grade= A

Week 2 Accomplished grade = A

Week 3 Accomplished grade= A

Week 4 SHoD accomplished; walking only 14 miles grade = B

Week 5 Accomplished grade = A

Week 6 SHoD only 2 days;However walking was about 45 miles!] A-

Overall A-

Points possible 4; points awarded 3.5 ; 2.5 Stamina, 1 Strength

Goal #2

Crow; Goal was to do this 30 seconds, which I didn't make. However on the mini challenge goal reflection I changed it to 15 seconds;so Accomplished grade = A

Full points awarded Dex 2 ; 1 Strength

Goal #3

TGU's 10 bodyweight each side

goal accomplished grade= A

Life goal

Finish book and create a new to me Paleo food

Book done, Paleo food dropped, poor wisdom on my part having a cooking goal in summer grade=C

Points possible 4, points awarded 2 Wisdom .5 CHA 1.5

OVERALL GOAL B+ , I'm pretty happy with this, considering I had a cold one week and we were on vacation another.

BONUS GOALS

Ok, these weren't really goals. But they happened as a result of my goals so I wanted to share

BONUS GOAL 1

Went on Bizzarro Rollercoaster with my son. It goes 210ft high!, I never would have done it pre- NF, because I'm scared of heights. But I've been working on getting over my fear, and so I went. And I actually had fun

Points awarded 50 in cool mom category

BONUS GOAL 2

I did crow poses on both coasts of America. I was able to do one on a Puget Sound Beach, which empties into the Pacific Ocean

and the other on Cape Cod Bay

WELL DONE! :)

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines