The AtSeaLevel Stomp

Sea Level

Ok I'm inspired to look into overcoming gravity now.

How are you liking the yoga? I love it so much. I work hard, but always leave feeling bliss. It was a tough call for me to become an assassin over druid. I think I might level up a la final fantasy job system.

Keep up the good work!

Soiyer - I would really like to see a pokedance. I'll sing the pokerap as a trade?

I need a cool guild sig

Day 3

Swing dancing, 10 min.

Yoga, 30 min.

And I got some new toys:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5031[/ATTACH]

Cool! I got some about a month ago as well.. I've been using them for pushups and l-sits so far, since I'm not really capable of doing anything fancy on them yet. Did you buy or make yours?

Also went to the dentist today (oh joy!) But, since we're talking about mindfulness this first mini-challenge, I thought I would give it a go with my breathing. (Not what the mini-challenge called for, I know.) When they're digging around in there, I tend to get the gag reflexes, and my tongue valiantly attempts to expel the mouth invaders. I can't really control it. But this time, I really focused on my breathing rather than what was happening in my mouth, and it paid off. So here's a little lesson for my fellow assassins facing dental work.

Great application and focus! I'm like you, I have a SUPER sensitive gag relfex when I go to the dentist.. I will try that next time as well!

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. - Bruce Lee

Cool! I got some about a month ago as well.. I've been using them for pushups and l-sits so far, since I'm not really capable of doing anything fancy on them yet. Did you buy or make yours?

Yeah, me neither, but now that I've got the equipment, I can look forward to some crazy stuff someday. I "made" them. That is, I bought the supplies at Home Depot, and they cut the pipe for me; I just assembled everything.

I just thought you were just trying to look dapper! You do look good in that suit. He's the guy in the second picture. Greatest tour ever!

Why thank you. He's still here, and he gives a very good tour.

How are you liking the yoga? I love it so much. I work hard, but always leave feeling bliss.

Nice! Yeah, I'm enjoying it! It's new to me, so even some of the basic routines are challenges. I certainly realize that my flexibility needs work... which is why I'm doing the yoga. Some of those stretches are fantastic!

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Last couple of days I've been bothered by some pesky stiffness in the neck. I haven't really felt 100% during workouts, so have been sort of half-hearting it the last few days. I've been increasing difficulty of the push-ups by changing the angle of my arms--moving in the direction of pseudo-planche push-ups. Still practicing the swing dancing. Stretching a lot, and practicing the full bridge. I can get fully off the ground now. Just over the past few days, I've been getting better and better at it.

Went for walks the past couple of days. The daytime highs have been in the 120s Fahrenheit (50s Celsius), so the walks have been short. I went on a 30-minute walk this morning before sunrise, and it was (relatively) pleasant.

Saturday

Walk, 30 min.

Hollow hold / Side Plank / Plank / Superman / Side Plank, 30s each

Full bridge hold, 2x10s

Tuck L-Sit on parallettes, 3x10s

L-Sit (one leg extended) on parallettes, 5s

Pike push-ups 2x3

Jump squats 2x20

Push-ups 2x8

Pull-ups 2x3

Stretch it out 10 min

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

That dance is awesome. I am somewhat choreographically challenged; so great idea! I may incorporate something like that into my next challenge. And I hear you on the breathing-at-the-dentist thing. Ugh I hate it. Great work all around!

"In the silence of your bones and eyes forgotten magic sits and waits for fire." 

-Robert Montgomery

Assassin Crest

human assassin | viper jock
STA: 6.25 | STR: 6.5 | CHA: 9 | WIS: 12 | DEX: 5 | CON: 6.5

Sister's Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon

Fitocracy

Week 1

1. Bodyweight Workout minimum 3x weekly (Up for grabs: +3 STR, +1 WIS)

-YES. Not the quality I would like. My neck was bothering me at the end of last week. The stretching has helped out, so I'm looking to hit it hard next week.

2. Improve Flexibility (Up for grabs: +2 DEX, +2 STR)

I will do at least 30 minutes of yoga/stretching at least three times per week. (+1 DEX, +1STR)

In particular, I will work on back bridge progression 2x weekly. (+1 DEX, +1 STR).

-YES. I did yoga three times last week, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm looking forward to see how the flexibility changes over the next 5 weeks. I can get myself off the ground into a back bridge, and as time goes by, I'll get better flexibility at that too.

3. Stomp it off (Up for grabs: +3 STA, +2 DEX)

I'm going to learn the Stompology Stomp-off. In addition, I will review the dances I already know and work on improvisation to new music for at least 10 minutes daily for a bonus +1 STA.

-YES. I haven't begun working on the Stomp-off yet, but I have been practicing what I've already learned.

4. Get off that dang computer! (Up for grabs +2 WIS)

No computer until after 7:00 pm

-YES. It's been good. In the mornings I have more time to get ready instead of staring at this thing. And in the evenings my 7 p.m. start time means I have workouts scheduled in right after work. It's working nicely.

A good start to the challenge.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

way to make a great start to the challenge!

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Thanks!

Sunday

Yoga, 30 min. (Awesome!)

Monday

Tranky Doo warm up

Wrist, shoulder mobility work

Hollow hold 30s / Full Bridge 5s / Half-bridge 30s / Straight bridge 30s / Full Bridge 5s

Tucked L-sit on parallettes 10s, 15s, 10s, 15s, 10s

Pike handstand hold 3x10s

Pull-ups 3, 3, 4

Push-ups 3x7

Squat jumps 3x20

Tuck front lever 3x10s

Stretching 10 min. (I feel like I'm really close to touching my toes!)

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

I love that you swing dance as your warm-up, it sure beats the standard jogging/jumping jacks! :)

I love it. Much more fun than jumping jacks. No downsides to it!

Yoga today 50 minutes of practice for the spine. Awesome. Did what my DVD calls the Morningstar Twist. (I can't find it on other yoga sites, but it was a great stretch!) I really like the twisting poses.

And now I'm trying out the elbow levers. I can do crow pose without much trouble, so I'm going to try some elbow levering on parallettes for the poses in strange places.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Sweet progress! Sorry if I missed it in the thread, but what DVD do you use? I've done a lot of Rodney Yee and like him a lot, but am always looking for new yoga routines to keep things fresh.

Can't wait for some pics of elbow lever in unusual places (I've started working on elbow levers myself)!

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

Sweet progress! Sorry if I missed it in the thread, but what DVD do you use? I've done a lot of Rodney Yee and like him a lot, but am always looking for new yoga routines to keep things fresh.

It's called "Yoga for Every Body" by bodywisdom media. I've barely scratched the surface of it. There are 35 routines on it of varying length. I'm pretty happy with it.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

This is the product in question, and wow, it's a lot cheaper on Amazon than what I paid at Barnes & Noble. That'll teach me.

Yeah, it's got three levels to choose from. I'm still working through the beginner series, and there are about 9 routines that are 30+ minutes, 5 that are 30 minutes or less. And that's just the beginner circuit. I haven't even looked at intermediate or advanced yet, so I don't know how much is there.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Bodyweight Day

Tranky Doo warm up B.o.B.'s "Magic"

Wrist mobility

Hollow hold 30s / Full bridge hold 2x5s / Short bridge 30s / Straight bridge 30s / Full bridge hold 10s

Pike headstand hold 20s, 15s, 20s

Tuck L-sit on parallettes 10s, 15s, 10s, 15s, 10s

Pull-ups 4, 3, 4 = 11 total reps (a PR for total pull-ups across a whole workout. These were in great form, too. Woot!)

Push-ups (at a deeper angle) 8, 8, 10

Jump squats 20, 25, 20

Tuck front lever 5s, 10s, 10s

Stretching 10 minutes

Stompology Stomp-off practice. Lots of action on the balls of the feet. This one gives you a calf workout! :)

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Rock on with the jazz dancing man!

One of my hobbies is dancing as well and Ive started to do em in my warm ups as well. My current dance is Fake ID from footloose.

Ive never tried jazz dance and I never knew there was singles dances for it. Now i have a whole new world of dances to explore.

Onslaught Studios

Fade: Level 1 Gnome Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 4 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

My First Challenge - http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?16044-A-new-Recruit-My-first-6-week-challenge

Rock on with the jazz dancing man!

One of my hobbies is dancing as well and Ive started to do em in my warm ups as well. My current dance is Fake ID from footloose.

I had to look this one up. Nice! That's pretty involved for standard country line dancing. I like it.

Ive never tried jazz dance and I never knew there was singles dances for it. Now i have a whole new world of dances to explore.

Oh yeah. In addition to choreographed routines there is loads of solo Charleston to be had. I first saw this video probably 4 years ago, and this is what got me into solo (vernacular / vintage) jazz dancing. I do partner dancing too, but this is my kind of stuff! Though they're much better than I am. (Hey Inara, here's some Frida for you!)

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Sweet video! Those dancers are amazingly talented.

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines