Stompology Stomp-off practice

Wrist / Shoulder mobility

Hollow Hold 30s / Short Bridge 30s / Full Bridge 2x10s

Pike Handstand hold 20s, 30s, 20s

Tuck L-sit on Parallettes: 15s, 15s, 15s, 15s, 10s

Push-ups 4x10

Tuck front lever 2x10s, 5s

Pull-ups 4x4

Jumping (What do you call when you jump up from a standing position and pull your knees to your chest?? Not squat jumps, since I didn't squat down in advance. Anyway, that's what I did). 10, 10, 12, 15

Stretching 10min.

Went through 4 rotations this time around for a total of 16 pull-ups today! Wahoo!

Leveling up!

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5250[/ATTACH]

A trip to fabulous Las Vegas.

Cool picture. And love the new avatar. Maybe the secret to being able to balance in the crow for an extended time is a cool hat.

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Cool picture. And love the new avatar. Maybe the secret to being able to balance in the crow for an extended time is a cool hat.

Thanks! I don't think it could hurt. :)

So today I made a Facebook album entitled "Crow Poses in Weird Places," and uploaded the three photos from the PvP thread. Then after a while, I thought, "No, this won't be just crow poses; it's going to hold all sorts of cool poses." So I changed the title. I played with elbow levers today. I figured elbow levers would be easier on parallettes, but not so: for me the elbow lever is easier on the floor. Fingers pointed back to 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock. I can get balanced and hold for only about 2 seconds, but it's better than the try on parallettes.

Next stop elbow levers!

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Week 2

1. Bodyweight Workout minimum 3x weekly (Up for grabs: +3 STR, +1 WIS)

-YES! Getting better

2. Improve Flexibility (Up for grabs: +2 DEX, +2 STR)

I will do at least 30 minutes of yoga/stretching at least three times per week. (+1 DEX, +1STR)

In particular, I will work on back bridge progression 2x weekly. (+1 DEX, +1 STR).

-YES. Still really enjoying it!

3. Stomp it off (Up for grabs: +3 STA, +2 DEX)

I'm going to learn the Stompology Stomp-off. In addition, I will review the dances I already know and work on improvisation to new music for at least 10 minutes daily for a bonus +1 STA.

-YES. Started work on the Stomp-off this week.

4. Get off that dang computer! (Up for grabs +2 WIS)

No computer until after 7:00 pm

Going to call this a YES. There was a day when I was not working, and I spent more time on the computer than I originally planned. But I was off by workout time in the afternoon, and I haven't been on before 7 pm on work days.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Lookin good man! Keep it up!

I messed around with a little of that Stompology Stomp-off this weekend. Man its alot of steps and all the different holds and slides really tripped me up. Much harder then the fairly consistent quarter or eight note steps im used to.

Onslaught Studios

Fade: Level 1 Gnome Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 4 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

My First Challenge - http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?16044-A-new-Recruit-My-first-6-week-challenge

Good day today.

Monday

Stompology warm up

Wrist / Shoulder mobility

Tuck L-sit on Parallettes 15s, 20s, 15s, 15s, 15s, 10s

Elbow Lever Practice

Crow Stand 15s, 10s

Pull-Up 4, 4, 4, 5 = 17 total

Dips 4, 4, 4, 4

Push-up 10, 10, 10, 10

Chin-up 4, 4, 3

Jump Squat 10, 10, 15

Horizontal Row 7

Stretching 10 min

AtSeaLevel: 1

Mondays: 0

I've also been thinking about my posture and shoulder mobility. I'm noticing several yoga poses that I can't do properly. Like in Warrior III, I can't get my arms straight out, and the lying-on-the-floor-and-bringing-your-arms-overhead-to-touch-wrists-to-floor test is a big fail for me. I think I will be working on installing more mobility work into my workouts.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

YES

YES

YES

YES

great start dood!

Way to go man! Just checking in and looks like you had a great 2nd week!
Lookin good man! Keep it up!

Thanks for the encouragement everybody.

I messed around with a little of that Stompology Stomp-off this weekend. Man its alot of steps and all the different holds and slides really tripped me up. Much harder then the fairly consistent quarter or eight note steps im used to.

If you want to learn it, you can go to this video:

If you click through to watch it in YouTube, it'll list all the parts in the description and show all videos for all the parts to the Stomp-off in the right column. There's 2010 Stomp-off (the first four parts) and 2011 Stomp-off (the last four parts). Or just watch through the whole video, and it'll show links for the individual parts.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Tuesday

Yoga 30 min.

Wednesday: Elbow Levers, et al.!

Did a half-workout today. After working on skill stuff (and getting some PRs!) I think I tweaked something in the chest/shoulder. I think I pushed it too hard on one of my holds, so I stopped at that point. Back at it on Friday!

Stompology Stomp-off Warm Up

Wrist mobility / Shoulder mobility

ELBOW LEVERS! (This was the first time I got "measurable" levers, i.e., I actually got into the pose and held it for measurable time, instead of falling back down.) 3s, 3s, 3s, 3s, 5s! (PR!)

Facing-the-wall handstand 10s

Tuck L-sit on parallettes 20s, 15s, 20s, 15s, 20s

Crow Stand 10s, 10s, 15s, 25s (PR!), 10s

Wall Sit 2x35s

Single-leg BW deadlift 10L, 10R

Jump Squats 15

Stretching 5 min.

Tranky-doo practice 10 min.

Oh, and today was the first day in the history of AtSeaLevel where I ate Brussels sprouts. Thirty-one years, but there's always a first time for everything. Not bad! :emmersed:

Tomorrow's yoga day, so hopefully I can stretch things out and get back at on Friday!

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Thursday

Yoga, 45 minutes

Elbow Lever 5s, 10s

Friday

Missed a workout because I drove to Las Vegas to buy a new (to me) car. Didn't get home until late, so I pushed it off till Saturday

Saturday

Went to take some photos of the new car, and some more bodyweight poses!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5329[/ATTACH]

Crow at the crater near my house.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5330[/ATTACH]

Elbow lever on a wall at the crater parking lot.

Today I'm still feeling the DOMS left over from Wednesday (maybe the elbow levers are to blame?), so I'm just going to do more stretching and yoga today and Sunday, and hopefully by Monday, I'll be back to working order.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Great pics! I didn't eat brussel sprouts until last year. Now I really like them. Especially with bacon, but then I like almost everythingwith bacon.

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Thanks everybody.

Week 3

1. Bodyweight Workout minimum 3x weekly (Up for grabs: +3 STR, +1 WIS)

-NO. Only 2 times this week. The muscle soreness held me up.

2. Improve Flexibility (Up for grabs: +2 DEX, +2 STR)

I will do at least 30 minutes of yoga/stretching at least three times per week. (+1 DEX, +1STR)

In particular, I will work on back bridge progression 2x weekly. (+1 DEX, +1 STR).

-YES.

3. Stomp it off (Up for grabs: +3 STA, +2 DEX)

I'm going to learn the Stompology Stomp-off.

-YES. Stompology is learned. Just gotta smooth it out.

4. Get off that dang computer! (Up for grabs +2 WIS)

No computer until after 7:00 pm

-I've been on the computer during my days off, which is not what I wanted. I've stuck to this goal during work days, but not on weekends. I'll call this a MAYBE (50%)

Monday

Tranky Doo and Stompology Stomp-off practice

Shoulder dislocates 10

[bodyweight squats 10

Bodyweight lunges 15

Crunches 30

Bicycle (abs) 20

Plank 30s

Jumping Jacks 50, 50]*

Wide-grip pull-ups 5**

Regular pull-ups 5**, 5, 6 (PR)!

Diamond push-ups 4x5

Chin-ups 5**, 5, 5, 5

Pike push-ups 4x5

Jump lunges 5, 3x10

Jump squats 4x10

Elbow lever 5s

Stretching 10 min.

*Earned "As Seen on TV" quest on Fitocracy

**Earned "Pull Yourself Up" quest on Fitocracy

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines