The AtSeaLevel Stomp

Sea Level

Great job on the pullups. Cool that you've got the dance down. Can't wait for the vid!

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Thanks everybody. I'm loving the Nerd love.

Tuesday

Stompology practice

Yoga 40 min.

-Today I tried an Intermediate-level yoga routine on my DVD, and it was noticeably tougher. Extended periods in Triangle Pose, Side-angle Pose, Downward Dog. I really don't have the hamstring flexibility/mobility to do some of these things. Stuff to work on.

-P.S., Did you notice the closeness between "Triangle Pose" and "Trikonasana"? Tri-Tri. Sanskrit and English have distant ancestors. (I'm also a language nerd.)

Wednesday

I had to go to the dentist again this afternoon to get a crown installed (I'm spending way too much time with that guy.), so I had to do an abbreviated workout today.

Stompology practice

Pull-ups 3x5

Regular Push-ups 2x10

One-straight-legged L-sit on parallettes 8s L, 10s R.

Diamond push-ups 1x5

Regular push-up into dive-bomber push-up 1x5

This last push-up-to-dive-bomber sequence was good. and challenging. I'm going to work on it some more.

And I have put way too many hyphens into this post.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Just caught up on your thread and it seriously motivated and inspired me! Your work on push ups and pulls are supremely righteous. And. That. Elbow-lever. Photo. Guh. So incredibly awesome.

Flexibility and muscle tension & soreness have been issues for me recently, so next challenge I may take a page out of your Book of Awesome and incorporate Yoga...crap, everyone's challenges are going so well I am overloaded with ideas for next time. Systems crashing! Dzzt...anyhow, keep up the AMAZING WORK, you are obliterating your challenge into tiny puny dust bittles.

"In the silence of your bones and eyes forgotten magic sits and waits for fire." 

-Robert Montgomery

Assassin Crest

human assassin | viper jock
STA: 6.25 | STR: 6.5 | CHA: 9 | WIS: 12 | DEX: 5 | CON: 6.5

Sister's Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon

Fitocracy

Just caught up on your thread and it seriously motivated and inspired me! Your work on push ups and pulls are supremely righteous. And. That. Elbow-lever. Photo. Guh. So incredibly awesome.

Flexibility and muscle tension & soreness have been issues for me recently, so next challenge I may take a page out of your Book of Awesome and incorporate Yoga...crap, everyone's challenges are going so well I am overloaded with ideas for next time. Systems crashing! Dzzt...anyhow, keep up the AMAZING WORK, you are obliterating your challenge into tiny puny dust bittles.

Thanks Cara! I'll also be mining fellow Assassins for ideas next time!

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Okay kids. Here's an AtSeaLevel Mini-Challenge for Friday!

I've been gainfully and happily employed here in the Mojave for the last year, but it's about time for me to think about re-entering the job market. I haven't updated my resume in over a year, so it needs to be repaired before the applications begin. I'm off work today, and an up-to-date resume will be the finished product this evening. (Along with a workout). I can do it! Time to get off the internet. See you on the flip side.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Go you! Turn on beast mode and crank out an awesome resume.

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Away from home late today again, so another abbreviated workout.

Friday

Tranky Doo

Hollow Hold 30s / Full Bridge 10s, 5s

Tuck L-Sit on Parallettes 15s, 10s, 15s, 15s, 10s

Shoulder dislocations 10

Flat Straight Leg-raise 10

Pull-ups 5, 4

Push-up/Divebomber 5

Push-up 10, 10

Jump Lunge 10, 10

Chin-ups 5, 5

And Resume update complete! Woot.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Great job!

Ok, so if you get a job and move are you changing your name? What if you move to Denver, or you still going to be Atsealevel?::smug:

Great job!

Ok, so if you get a job and move are you changing your name? What if you move to Denver, or you still going to be Atsealevel?::smug:

Haha. I've been thinking about that. Maybe I could write an elevation update in my signature.

I've actually been deceiving you all for some time: I'm not technically at sea level. Most of the time when I'm on this forum, I'm at sea level plus 2,200 feet. I chose AtSeaLevel because sea level is only about 40 miles away, and I can get below sea level--and breathe air at the same time--within about 50 miles. So it's easy to get to! :)

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Haha. I've been thinking about that. Maybe I could write an elevation update in my signature.

I've actually been deceiving you all for some time: I'm not technically at sea level. Most of the time when I'm on this forum, I'm at sea level plus 2,200 feet. I chose AtSeaLevel because sea level is only about 40 miles away, and I can get below sea level--and breathe air at the same time--within about 50 miles. So it's easy to get to! :)

I FEEL SO BETRAYED!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose now is the time to tell you... I'm not actually a torpedo... nor am I a pickle... dill or otherwise...

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

I suppose now is the time to tell you... I'm not actually a torpedo... nor am I a pickle... dill or otherwise...

Unacceptable!

So Friday was the last successful workout before today. Boo. This weekend was rather slothful. (Hey it was a holiday, right?) I didn't do much, lay around, spent a lot of time on the internet. ...but I was learning... I think one of my goals in the future will be language learning/improving, thanks to some of the reading I did this weekend! Très bien !

Another reason there was no work this weekend was some soreness in the pectoral region that I've been dealing with. It first arrived a week or so ago, but was I was really feeling it on Monday. (Laying around probably didn't help).

Today I took it easy on the upper-body pushing and did some pulling, bridging, jumping, and balancing. (The pulls keep getting better!)

Tuesday

Stompology Stomp-off

Pull-up 5, 5, 7, 7 = total of 24!

Bodyweight single-leg deadlift (each leg) 10, 10, 15

Full bridges 5x5s, 5x5s, 5x5s

Jump squats 10, 10, 10

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

I FEEL SO BETRAYED!!!!!!!!!!!

Utter sadness.You assasins have totally misrepresented yourself. No one is who I thought they were:playful:

We are assassins. Isn't subterfuge one of our many skills?

Ah, very true.

Utter sadness.You assasins have totally misrepresented yourself. No one is who I thought they were:playful:
At least we all can take comfort in knowing that Elastigirl, is all stretchy. :tongue:
We are assassins. Isn't subterfuge one of our many skills?

We assassins are not always what we seem!

Wednesday

Yesterday I didn't get any yoga done, but that's because I walked to and from work yesterday. Three miles each way, so I got home later than normal. It was really more of a hike than a walk, since I gained 1,000 feet walking to work...then downhill on the way home!

Thursday

Still taking it easy in the bodyweight realm, but still being productive, I think.

Stompology Stomp-off practice 6 minutes

Wrist mobility

Diamond Push-ups 5

Spider Push-ups 5, 5

Regular Push-ups 5

Fingertip Push-ups 5

Pull-ups 5, 6, 5

Jump Lunges 15, 15, 15

and

Chin-ups 5, 5, 5

Gotta get back to yoga tomorrow, then Saturday I'm off to Fabulous Las Vegas for some swing dancing!

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Week 5

1. Bodyweight Workout minimum 3x weekly (Up for grabs: +3 STR, +1 WIS)

-YES Taking it a bit easier, but I think the soreness has recovered, so I can hit it hard for the last week.

2. Improve Flexibility (Up for grabs: +2 DEX, +2 STR)

I will do at least 30 minutes of yoga/stretching at least three times per week. (+1 DEX, +1STR)

In particular, I will work on back bridge progression 2x weekly. (+1 DEX, +1 STR).

-YES to the back bridging, but NO to the yoga this week.

3. Stomp it off (Up for grabs: +3 STA, +2 DEX)

I'm going to learn the Stompology Stomp-off. In addition, I will review the dances I already know and work on improvisation to new music for at least 10 minutes daily for a bonus +1 STA.

-YES. The stomp-off is learned, and practiced. I will film it in the next week!

4. Get off that dang computer! (Up for grabs +2 WIS)

No computer until after 7:00 pm

-MAYBEIt's been pretty good during work days, but whenever I'm off work, I've been using the internet (a bit too much, I think). I'll give myself a 50% success rate this week.

Swing!

Went swing dancing in Vegas yesterday, and it was great. It had been two months since I had been (they cancelled last month's event) so I stayed till the end. Danced with a lot of new partners, which was also good.

In that spirit, here's this: These are all pros, and there's extensive partner stealing as the song goes on.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

What fun! I love these vids-thanks.

Just got home from the grocery store, and this is how things are looking. Yes, I live a long way from the store; gotta stock up. :)

[ATTACH]5335[/ATTACH]

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

I love Greek yogurt, my wife made me a batch with some pistachio jello powder mixed in it. Wow I really love that, makes a great treat. It has become my go to snack/dessert.

Ooh, that sounds good. I've been having it with chocolate whey powder, which is good. But chocolate can get old sometimes...maybe I should try some new flavors!

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Monday

The final week! Time to punch it.

Stompology stomp-off

Elbow lever 5s, 5s, 8s

Full bridge hold 10s, 10s, 20s (PR!), 15s, immediately followed by Child pose 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s

Push-up/Divebomber 5, 5

Push-up 5, 5

Pull-up 5, 5, 5, 5 (Five reps has now become the standard! Woot!)

Jump Squat 15, 15, 15, 15

Wall Sit 30s, 30s, 40s, 30s

High BPM swing dancing 3:00

...I found this song (just) yesterday, and even though it's not a swing song, it sure swings. Not ashamed to say I practiced some solo Charleston. :)

http://youtu.be/wp6YO0fEtuw

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines