The AtSeaLevel Stomp

Sea Level

Ooh, that sounds good. I've been having it with chocolate whey powder, which is good. But chocolate can get old sometimes...maybe I should try some new flavors!

Hmm Chocolate gets old sometimes??Sorry this must be in some strange language because it just does not compute. Next you'll say you're tired of bacon

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Haha. Fair enough, I will retract my statement. Maybe it's the type of chocolate that gets a little old...I need to branch out into other chocolates.

Now, chocolate-covered bacon?

I think chocolate, butter and bacon are the best inventions known to man.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Haha. Fair enough, I will retract my statement. Maybe it's the type of chocolate that gets a little old...I need to branch out into other chocolates.

Now, chocolate-covered bacon?

I think chocolate, butter and bacon are the best inventions known to man.

Chocolate covered bacon ...mmm nom nom and butter, When I went Paleo my husband said it was fine but I still had to promise to cook with butter.

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Wednesday

Stompology practice

Elbow Lever 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s

Full Bridge Hold 15s, 20s, 15s, 15s

followed by Child Pose 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s

Plyo Push-ups (Not clapping, but I did get air on each rep) 8, 8, 8, 8

Pull-ups 5, 5, 5, 5

One-legged Wall Sit 10sL 10sR, 10sL 15sR, 15sL 15sR, 10sL 10sR

Stretch it out 5min.

One good thing I'm noticing: things are firming up! I'm seeing more muscling in the quads/hams..I haven't been measuring, so I'm not sure if I've gained any size, but it's more solid; and there's progressively less flab in the midsection. Nothing visible yet in a relaxed state, but I can certainly feel muscle under there, and there's less padding around the abs than there used to be. Woot.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

I work at a 1920s-era home in Death Valley, which is now a museum. Normally I lead tours of the place (hence the period costume), but I've been working with our museum staff for the last month and a half. There is a conservator visiting to repair some of the antique paintings in the museum. We had to move some big (6-foot-wide), heavy (50-pound) paintings off the wall and hundreds of yards into another building where they could be worked on. And then back on display. So I got some lifting done at work, and didn't get as fatigued as I might have six weeks ago. Functional strength is cool: gotta get more of it!

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Glad you are noticing the increased muscle, decreased muscle, and can feel the new level of strength.

It sure fells good every time I notice the small changes.

Love that you're seeing the rewards of your workouts in your daily life. That's awesome!

I know I get a big kick out of being the guy who is called to lift heavy stuff. :)

Me too! Thanks. It certainly provides inspiration to keep going!

Another abbreviated workout today...

Friday

Stompology

NEW! Chest-to-the-bar chin-ups 5, 5, 5.

Elbow Lever 10s, 8s, 5s

L-sit on Parallettes Left leg out 10s, Right leg out 10s, (and NEW!) Both legs slightly bent 10s

Push-ups 12, 15, 10

Fingertip Plank 10s, 10s

BW single-leg deadlift 10L10R, 10L10R, 10L10R

Half-pistol squat (thighs to parallel) 5L 5R

--these are tricky. I've got arthritis in the knees, so I want to take it easy, but also want to get stronger and better...so I'm going to read up on the pistol progression and see if it's something I can manage...

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Any advice on chest to bar pull-ups? Technique pointers?

I was doing chin-ups chest-to-bar, not pull-ups, which I imagine are more difficult.

That said, I went back and tried them out...not much different, technique-wise. I used more momentum from the dead hang, and ended up a bit farther away from the bar than with a standard chin. ... don't know if that's helpful! :)

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

1. Bodyweight Workout minimum 3x weekly (Up for grabs: +3 STR, +1 WIS)

Result I had 4 weeks with 3 workouts a week, and 2 weeks with 2 workouts per weeks. This is 16 out of 18 bodyweight workouts, or 88 percent. Points awarded: +2.5 STR, +0.5 WIS

2. Improve Flexibility (Up for grabs: +2 DEX, +2 STR)

How: I will do at least 30 minutes of yoga/stretching at least three times per week. (+1 DEX, +1STR) In particular, I will work on back bridge progression 2x weekly. (+1 DEX, +1 STR).

Result: This one kind of fell apart toward the end. And looking back on it, I didn't do the required amount of yoga per week at all. I had a total of 5 out of 15 possible yoga sessions. So I get no points for that. I did work on the back bridge, and it did get better as time went on, so I will Award +1 DEX and +1 STR.

Not too glamorous, but I did get my head off the floor, and I'm going to keep at it!

7998534030_296891c27a.jpg

3. Stomp it off (Up for grabs: +3 STA, +2 DEX)

Success! Points awarded +3 STA, +2 DEX

I just recorded this video yesterday, at the last minute. So don't be blown away by the Oscar-worthy quality!

Life Goal:

4. Get off that dang computer! (Up for grabs +2 WIS)

This kind of fell apart the last two weeks, too. It was pretty good at for the first four weeks, so I'm going to award myself +1 WIS

It was a great six weeks for me, and I want to keep it up. I really appreciate all my fellow Assassins' support! See you next challenge!

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

I just updated my stats, and poor charisma, it's lagging behind.

I went back and looked at my exercise log for the last six weeks. A couple of things that stand out:

-When I started the challenge, I could only do 2 pull-ups in a row. Now I do sets of 5 reps with ease.

-I did my first elbow lever for this challenge!

BAM:

7900354948_fbfb5b96dd_n.jpg

-I did my first full bridge pose.

And, just like last challenge, it's gotten me hooked to get better!

Particularly:

-I can't get into a straight elbow lever when I'm elevated, i.e., I can do it when my feet and hands are on the same level. I don't have the lower-back strength to raise my legs to a straight elbow lever.

-I want to get a better bridge: to get my head higher off the ground, and get my hips higher if possible.

I'll be working on these for next challenge.

P.S.- I'm hoping we can keep the bodyweight poses thread going after the challenge is over.

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Great job on your challenge. My charisma points are sadly lacking too. I'm doing the crow pose goal again next challenge, and I'm thinking of doing it for CHA points-because its a good party trick right?+ a desperately need the points, I'm looking sadly unfriendly in my points.

I'm doing the crow pose goal again next challenge, and I'm thinking of doing it for CHA points-because its a good party trick right?

Absolutely. It's been a good Facebook trick; I've never tried it yet at parties...

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Pro Aris et Focis

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines