#winning

Waldo

You're still doing amazing things man! I had the same problem after taking a week off when I was home. I put in a token effort but I was still a DOMS cripple for a day or two. Lol.

Keep it up man, you're doing amazing. Super-inspiring!

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Well I took a progress photo today, but I can't get photobucket to work at the moment...

Workout Log - 9/12

Ran 2.6 miles in 28:something

- Slow and easy jog after time off

Workout Log - 9/13

BW Squats - 10 reps

Pistol Squats - 3/3 reps

Pistols Squats (Rest-pause) - 20/20 reps {7, 2, 3, 2, 3, 3; first 3 breaks 10 sec, last 2 breaks 20 sec}

- Super effective fast workout, had a football game to watch. LOL @ Cutler

Workout Log - 9/14

Static Upper Body

Standard Warmup, cooldown, prehab, and mobility

Tuck Planche - 6, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3 sec

One Leg Back Lever - 15 sec x 3

One Leg Front Lever - 11 sec x 3

Planche Lean -> Pseudo Planche Pushups - 10 sec->10 reps x 2

Pullups - 11 reps

- Was going to retest for my hold times next week. I'm not sure I'm ready yet.

- Back lever was harder than usual. Front lever form was as good as its ever been.

- Used knees on the inside of arm touching armpits form for the tuck planche. Been a long time since I last tried them, I had to take time to let my forearms heal. I've done better and I definitely was missing my groove with them Still happy with the quality work though.

- Yay, my forearms don't hurt. Cautiously optimistic the issue is behind me. I'm going to have to be sure I don't overdo things in the coming weeks.

currently maintaning

battle log challenges: 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
follow me: myfitnesspal
don't panic!

Figured out how to get photobucket working. Apparently it is broken for everybody. Couldn't remember if I usually wear my glasses for photos or not. Guessed wrong.

Collage914.jpg

Workout Log - 9/15

BW Squats - 10 reps

BW Pistols - 3/3 reps

BW Pistols (rest-pause) - 20/20 reps {7, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3; first 3 breaks 10 sec, last 2 breaks 20 sec}

I plan on running 5 miles later tonight.

currently maintaning

don't panic!

Challenge Wrap-Up:

1) Do 20 Pullups in a Single Set

Did a single set of 18 on 9/11, grade B

Points Awarded: (STR +0.75, STA +1.5, CON +0.75)

- This was a very aggressive goal, basically doubling my pullup numbers in a 6 week period. I went the strengthening route instead of endurance route for gowing my numbers, by doing them weighted. Missed my ultimate goal, but I'm happy with what I accomplished. From here though I think switching gears to a more endurance based progression scheme would lead to greater efficiency in max rep gains.

2) Do a Single Set of 5 One Arm Pushups per Arm

I was able to do the required number of reps of the style that I wanted for the challenge (last done 9/11), but was unable to refine the form as required, grade C

Points Awarded: (STR +1, DEX +0.5, CHA +0.5)

- This was more of a failure of goal setting than a failure of progress. I underestimated just how hard it is to get the twist and rotation out of a one arm pushup. I can do them, but total mastery of the one arm pushup is still a long ways off.

3) Do 5 Plyo Pistol Squats Per Leg onto a 19" chair

Completed on 9/10, with video posted, grade A

Points Awarded: (DEX +2, CON +1, CHA +1)

- Not much to be said, I kicked butt at this goal.

4) No surfing the net during the first hour of every workday.

I don't have a great tally of the misses, but I did OK at this. Grade C

Points Awarded: (WIS +1.5)

- Coulda tried harder, but having this goal helped for sure.

Overall a pretty good challenge despite having a preplanned break in the middle. The whole challenge I maintained status quo on the diet front, trying to gain at 0.5-1 lb/wk.

Measurment Changes

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 195.4 lb -> 201.1 lb (+5.6 lb)

BF%: Slight increase, ~11%

Neck: 15.8" -> 15.9" (+0.1")

Chest: 45.8" -> 46.5" (+0.7")

Waist (flexed): 33.4" -> 33.6" (+0.2")

Belly Button (unflexed): 30.0" -> 30.3" (+0.3")

Bicep R: 14.4" -> 14.5" (+0.1")

Bicep L: 14.0" -> 14.1" (+0.1")

Forearm R: 12.4" -> 12.6" (+0.2")

Forearm L: 12.1" -> 12.4" (+0.3")

Glutes: 39.5" -> 40.5" (+1.0")

Thigh R: 24.8" -> 25.3" (+0.5")

Thigh L: 24.0" -> 24.8" (+0.8")

Knee R: 15.9" -> 16.5" (+0.6")

Knee L: 15.8" -> 16.1" (+0.3")

Calf R: 15.9" -> 16.0" (+0.1")

Calf L: 15.1" -> 15.4" (+0.3")

Final Attributes:

Race:...............................Correllian

Level:...............................3 (+1) -> 4

Strength (STR):.................9.75 (+1.75) -> 11.5

Dexterity/Speed (DEX):.....8.5 (+2.5) -> 11

Stamina (STA):..................8.75 (+1.5) -> 10.25

Constitution (CON):...........4 (+1.75) -> 5.75

Wisdom (WIS):..................9 (+1.5) -> 10.5

Charisma (CHA):...............7 (+1.5) -> 8.5

currently maintaning

don't panic!

You did awesome man! Have you ever tried triangle pull ups? (I'm not sure in that's what they're called) basically you take a wider than shoulder width grip, pull up towards one hand, shift until you're hanging by your other hand, and then lower to starting position. I saw a video where GSP did them. The emphasis on one arm more than the other seems to be a good way to increase weight and bridge the gap to one arm pull ups.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

You did awesome man! Have you ever tried triangle pull ups? (I'm not sure in that's what they're called) basically you take a wider than shoulder width grip, pull up towards one hand, shift until you're hanging by your other hand, and then lower to starting position. I saw a video where GSP did them. The emphasis on one arm more than the other seems to be a good way to increase weight and bridge the gap to one arm pull ups.

Those are usually called archer pullups/chinups.

I did something similar last challenge. Since I use a doorway pullup bar, my max width is limited, so archer pullups really aren't the best for me. I was doing CC-style towel over the bar uneven chinups, where one hand is on the bar, the other on a towel hanging from the bar.

Those are something to do from time to time, but I understand that I'm a very long way from being able to do a one arm chinups. They are something to think about after I've mastered the back lever. They didn't fit great into my workout, one arm work is more taxing than 2 arm work (2x as many sets), one arm pushups and uneven chinups were just burning me out. One arm chinups are very, very hard, requiring a level of commitment I'm not yet ready to give. I'd rather strengthen a lot more in general before focusing on them so the journey isnt such a long road. Unlike levers, which likewise are a long term commitment with slow to perceive progress, the journey isn't nearly as interesting.

currently maintaning

don't panic!

Lacking a better place to put it....

Workout Log - 9/17

Heavy Leg Day

Run 1/4 mile @6.0 mph warmup/cooldown

Lunge Matrix x5

Kick Circuit x5

BW Squats - 10 reps

BW Romainian Deadlifts - 10 reps

BW Pistol Squats - 5/5 reps

DB Pistol Squats (15lb x 2) - 5/5 reps

DB Pistol Squats (35lb x 2) - 4/4, 4/4, 4/4 reps

Assisted Glute-Ham Raise - 5-1, 5-1, 8-1 reps (the -1 are slow negatives at the end of each set)

- Woot, raised my working weight to +70lb on heavy sets of pistols. I was surprised that I was able to do that many reps. Gonna have to milk these for a bit until I can get a vest, I'm officially out of weight. Don't get me wrong though, I really don't expect to progress very fast with them, +70lb is a lot of weight, and progress is slowing a lot on my heavy stuff.

- Planned on doing more, but time was short. I started early but my toddler appears to have hidden my Shuffle quite good, I hunted and hunted and hunted.

- I'm in a weird spot with the GHR's. Even giving max effort I appear to be adding reps.

currently maintaning

don't panic!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines