• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Meshflip

Meshflip's Power Leveling Challenge #2

Hello everyone! My last challenge was a great way to keep me motivated on my goals, so let's charge into another!

I'll keep this first post up to date with the current status of my challenges as well as links to my running and workout logs.

Current Stats

STR - 4

DEX - 2

STA - 6

CON - 2

WIS - 4

CHA - 4

8 stat points needed to reach Level 2

Goals

1. Go to the gym 17 times out of 19 times from Aug 6th to Sep 17th. +3 STR

Since my program is Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, I'm only allowed to miss two days. I'm already planning to skip going to the gym on Aug 10th to taper for a 10 mile race that weekend, so this means that I'm only allowed to miss one other day during the entire six weeks!

I'm still need to weightlifting, having only started in July, so I don't want to put lifting a certain weight as my goal. This goal is similar to one from my previous challenge. If I am successful in completing this one as well, then working out will become a habit of mine, a very healthy habit :)

Workouts Completed: ? | Workouts Missed: 4 | Workouts Left: ?

2. Run 17.5 miles without stopping. +3 STA

Let's add 4 miles to my longest run :)

Ultimately I want to qualify for the Boston Marathon during the summer of 2014 (so I'd run the Boston in 2015). I ran my first marathon this summer and it went ... poorly. I was not prepared for it.

My goal is to run the marathon comfortably and at a decent pace next year. Then qualify for Boston the year after. Being able to run 17.5 miles by September 17 would be a fantastic start to that goal!

Longest distances so far: 13.1 miles! - Sept 2 | 10 miles - Aug 26th

3. Keep track of every dollar I spend for everything, from Aug 6th to September 17th. +5 WIS, +1 CON

This will be a huge challenge!

It will take a ton of time and discipline to record everything I buy during this challenge period and I'm sure I'll go through moments where I either will not want to record a purchase or forget to record the transaction. But I will succeed!

I'm not very wealthy. Add onto that the cost of graduate school (hopefully I get in) and that's a recipe for a very broke vampiric ranger. One of the most important first steps to saving money and reducing costs is to figure out exactly where I'm spending my money. I'm certain that I have habits which cost way too much and that I would not mind stopping if I knew exactly how much it costed me.

I'm still working on a plan to record all my purchases and I'm open to suggestions. Currently I'm thinking of not using any cash and using my credit card to buy everything during this challenge. Then I should be able to figure out how much money I'm spending in each category by looking at my credit statements.

This challenge is worth twice the stat points as my other challenges because it will take twice the effort and be at least twice as useful to my long term goals

Successful Days: 0 | Remaining Days: 43

4. Complete my graduate school applications! +3 WIS

I've put this off way too long. In order to complete this goal, my application must be submitted and verified by September 17th and I must not miss any deadlines.

The longer I wait, the less likely I'll get into graduate school. I'm already late enough, it's time to finish them!

Workout Log

*Currently Empty*

Running Log

*Currently Empty*

Notes

[thread=14391]My 1st Challenge Thread[/thread]

I completed the Weekly Challenge #1! for +1 STR! (Not added to my stats yet)

Skipped Workout on Aug 10th

Missed Workout on Aug 29th, Aug 31st and Sept 3rd

Edits

Aug 4th, Created Post, Added Current Stats, Added Goals #1, #2, and #3. Linked 1st Challenge Thread

Aug 5th, Added Goal #4

Edited by Meshflip

Nice solid goals you've got here.

As for tracking every spend, I would get a receipt for everything, at least you would have a paper-trail to work from. If you've got a smartphone, there are several apps you can you for tracking every transaction, such as EasyMoney (Android), or Left to Spend (iPhone). NB. I've not used either of the apps, so cannot advise if any good. Reviews don't look too bad though)

Good luck with the challenge, and get those applications done!! :)

Nice solid goals you've got here.

As for tracking every spend, I would get a receipt for everything, at least you would have a paper-trail to work from. If you've got a smartphone, there are several apps you can you for tracking every transaction, such as EasyMoney (Android), or Left to Spend (iPhone). NB. I've not used either of the apps, so cannot advise if any good. Reviews don't look too bad though)

Good luck with the challenge, and get those applications done!! :)

Thanks!

I'll take a look at those apps, so far my current method of saving every receipt and recording it on excel is taking way too much time, so it would be awesome if those apps could help me with tracking all my transactions.

There's an easy to use receipt tracking app for android called lemon. check it out, if you're among the google users. Also, I dig your goals! 17.5 miles? Awesome.

Awesome! Yeah, I use an android so I'll take a look at lemon too, thanks!

Just did a half marathon (13.1 miles) on Aug 2nd!

It felt great! But at mile 10, my legs started to get the feeling that you get when you run further than you're used to. So it doesn't look like I'll be able to hit my 20 mile goal by Sept 17th, but we'll see.

It won't be a huge loss for me if I don't make it because my main goal is to run a marathon in June so I still have a lot of time. Especially since school is starting again and it's getting super busy.

I might change my running goal to running 15 miles by Sept 17th. I'll do this by repeating my 13.1 miles this Sunday, then going for the 15 miles the Sunday afterwards.

Just a quick update to sum up my last challenge before I start my third.

1. Go to the gym 17 times out of 19 times from Aug 6th to Sep 17th. +3 STR (PARTIAL SUCCESS + 1 STR) I went to the gym 10 times. 

2. Run 17.5 miles without stopping. +3 STA (FAILED). I stopped running.

3. Keep track of every dollar I spend for everything, from Aug 6th to September 17th. +5 WIS, +1 CON (SUCCESS +5 WIS +1 CON) I have all the receipts, now I just need to look over everything and I'll have the start of a budget.

4. Complete my graduate school applications! +3 WIS (PARTIAL SUCCESS2 WIS). I filled out most of my applications on time.

STAT Changes

+1 STR, +7 WIS, + 1 CON

Stats After Second Challenge

As of January 1st, 2013

STR - 5

DEX - 2

STA - 6

CON - 3

WIS - 11

CHA - 4

Gained 9 Stat Points. Level up to Lv.2! Need 14 More Stat Points to Level 3.