Rivanariko - On the move

Rivanariko

Or you keep it in you Bag of Holding.

Yes, I have a Bag of Holding, very similar to Hermione's bag. Plus, there's the assasin training which helps me walk silently undetected everywhere-even if I'm carrying my hammer.

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Congrats on the yellow belt!!Way to go! As you limp along today with sore muscles you can know that you it was worth it. The practice you had with your friend cracked me up-she accidently hit you in the face, and you knocked the wind out of her-you are feisty and awesome.

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I come from a long line of tiny, feisty, and somewhat crazy women. It's a rather odd point of pride.

Going to try to knock out the mini-challenge tomorrow. Not sure what I'm going to do exactly, but I'll try to come up with something. If nothing else I'll take a dog for a walk while wearing a backpack with some books in it. I have a few of those...

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

Didn't get any distance work done yesterday/today (it's almost 5am, but I have a hard time admitting to a new day when I haven't slept yet) so I've still got to attack the mini-challenge tomorrow. I want to keep up with them this challenge, unlike last challenge where I let every one of them fall by the wayside. So tomorrow there will be walking with heavy things somehow attached to my body.

Did 10 Burpees. I'm counting it for yesterday even though it was technically around 2am.

Working the overnight shift tonight. There is officially nothing on tv from 3-5am. Which is really unfortunate because this is my crash point where I really need something that will grab my attention. Only two hours left though.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

Defeated Challenge 2: Relocate and earned +1 STR and +1 STA!

Seriously slacking on the decluttering though... I haven't been in a great place this past week, which is no excuse. I'm going to try to drag myself out of it this coming week. And I'll be doing some burpees here a bit. And maybe practicing some handstands. Another overnight shift, and once again working by myself sooo I'm a little bit bored. And ABC lied to me last night with promises of an all-night Friends marathon, and instead I got a televangelist. Very upsetting. Now I have to find something else to do for the next 4.5 hours...

hey, Rivanariko! i understand the decluttering part. after i returned from my holiday, my bags stayed unpacked for a week. it was fun living for a few days from my bags. every time i needed an item, like toothbrush, i took it from the bags, used it and put it back in the bathroom. after three days, there wasn”t much unpacking to do. :)

i also have to vacuum right now. i don”t like it, but i see it like a mini-workout, wear my workout clothes and drink lots of water :)

good luck with the cleaning! remember: start small.

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.†― Albert Einstein

daily battle log

Vacuuming is my LEAST favorite chore. I have no idea why I hate it so much, but I REALLY hate vacuuming. I always try to get Husband to do it for me.

I did burpees and handstands last night. I even took a video of a handstand, which I will post once I can figure out how. I managed to e-mail it to myself from my phone, but I'm not a technology nerd by a long shot. This might take me a while, but I'll figure it out.

Handstand! I'm trying to work on pulling my feet away from the wall and balancing for a few seconds on my own. I'm not sure how to work from here towards kicking up into a freestanding handstand though? Because without the wall there, I'm totally going to end up flipping onto my ass. How do I learn that carefully controlled kick-up?

THAT IS SO AWESOME. I am seriously impressed by handstands, and you're so graceful, it looked effortless. And 10 burpees in a row? In the immortal words of the brilliant and insightful Ryan Lochte; "JEAH!"

Nice work.

"In the silence of your bones and eyes forgotten magic sits and waits for fire." 

-Robert Montgomery

Assassin Crest

human assassin | viper jock
STA: 6.25 | STR: 6.5 | CHA: 9 | WIS: 12 | DEX: 5 | CON: 6.5

Sister's Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon

Fitocracy

Awesome job on the handstand. And I love your braid!

wow, i was pumped. after i saw your video, i went and tried to do one myself. wasn”t as good as yours. i couldn”t lift one of my legs, so i used a chair to support it :)

how did you get started?

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.†― Albert Einstein

daily battle log

Thanks everyone!

Queen - Practice Practice Practice. I just kept trying to kick up the wall harder and harder until I got up there. Now I'm actually kicking too hard and thunking the wall with my heels, which isn't very practical for eventually being able to kick up freestanding. I also had someone spot me even on the wall at first Being upside down is weird, and it took me a while to convince myself that I wasn't going to fall on my head and die. So I had someone spot me on my way up, and then make sure I kicked down gracefully. I only had to do that a few times before I got used to it enough that I could kick up on my own. It's a lot of just letting go and trusting your body.

How do I learn that carefully controlled kick-up?

This is what I'm trying to figure out too. I'm trying to kick up more lightly so as to barely touch the wall. I also plan on starting to practice completely freestanding handstands in the backyard on the grass... after practicing my roll outs. ;)

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Thanks everyone!

Queen - Practice Practice Practice. I just kept trying to kick up the wall harder and harder until I got up there. Now I'm actually kicking too hard and thunking the wall with my heels, which isn't very practical for eventually being able to kick up freestanding. I also had someone spot me even on the wall at first Being upside down is weird, and it took me a while to convince myself that I wasn't going to fall on my head and die. So I had someone spot me on my way up, and then make sure I kicked down gracefully. I only had to do that a few times before I got used to it enough that I could kick up on my own. It's a lot of just letting go and trusting your body.

thank you

daily battle log

This is what I'm trying to figure out too. I'm trying to kick up more lightly so as to barely touch the wall. I also plan on starting to practice completely freestanding handstands in the backyard on the grass... after practicing my roll outs. ;)

I tried to practice in the backyard the other day... I think I need to water more. The dirt felt like concrete. Do you think Crow Pose is helping you towards that at all? I've been considering adding it in (if nothing else I want to play the crow pose in strange places game!)

Rode my bike out to the barn on Monday with my dog. Fell off my bike when my dog decided he would sneak behind me to go say hello to the St. Bernard puppy with the baby stroller. Normally I let his leash slip out of my hand before I actually fall, but I guess my instinct to keep him away from the lady with a baby was too strong and I had a death grip on him, so he knocked me over and I skinned my knee It's not too terrible though. Oh, and he is super friendly and not aggressive at all, I wouldn't be worried that he'd hurt anyone, but people get scared when a 75 lb husky mix comes barreling at them, especially when they have a baby. I try to avoid putting him in situations where people are going to react badly to him.

More burpees in TKD yesterday. I guess this is my instructor's new favorite exercise.

On a random note, I have surprised myself. I have always had an absolutely insatiable sweet tooth. I could eat anything sugary forever, never feel sick from it, and never get tired of it. No such thing as too rich. I used it as a way to self-medicate my depression for years. When I first moved to ND, I got a job decorating cakes at a grocery store and I could literally eat an entire carton of cupcakes, swirled high with frosting, in one sitting. Or just a carton of frosting.

Well, this past weekend there were a lot of things going on that were really stressing me out/making me mad/sad, and I wanted cake. I resisted for three days, and finally I just said "F*ck it, I want cake" so I went to the store I used to work at and bought a small cake.

You guys. I can't even finish a piece of it. The frosting is so sweet and rich I start to feel sick halfway through. I haven't been on a strict diet, I don't do paleo or limit my sugar intake, I've just been trying to generally make healthier choices while upping my activity level. And I can't finish a slice of cake! You have no idea how exciting this. Regulating myself when it comes to foods is so much easier when my body does it for me!

Congrats on the self-regulation!!! I had a similar experience when I gave up soda...after a month of not having one, I tried one and couldn't finish it.

On the handstand front, Crow Pose has helped me a little bit, only because I've made a point of working on raising my legs and pushing up from crow pose every so often. At the very least, it's helping my core and upper body get used to the movement.

Keep up the great work!

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

I think I've done something to screw up my neck and shoulder. Calling the chiropractor tomorrow, hopefully I can get in for an appointment on Friday. Still, TKD is going to be unpleasant tomorrow, and I won't be doing any handstand work tonight.

I might go for a walk with Husband tonight though. He just left for the gym, but I think the gym closes in 2 minutes. He doesn't think it closes till 1am. If I am right, then we go for a walk. If he's right then I just ice my shoulder and snuggle with my new kitten.

So who was right hubby or you? Whichever way, always insist you were right and he was wrong:smug:

I hope your neck and shoulder was just a minor thing and feels better.

On the handstand front, Crow Pose has helped me a little bit, only because I've made a point of working on raising my legs and pushing up from crow pose every so often. At the very least, it's helping my core and upper body get used to the movement.

I haven't found any crossover, but I'm not working on raising my legs like drsloomis, here. I'm gonna try that tomorrow morning...

P.S. Hope your neck and shoulder feels better soon!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Haha, turns out we were both wrong. Gym closes at midnight. So he still got to get his workout in at the gym and we didn't go for a walk. I did go to the gym with him last night and remembered why I hate cardio machines. I want to go with him when I can to support him, but he's taking such a completely different approach to fitness than I am, I feel like there's not a lot of point of my going to the gym with him to go practice handstands in the corner while he does the weight machines (trying to convince him to give those up, but he's stubborn)

Went to the chiropractor today and apparently I did a good job of jacking up my neck. It still hurts, but he said that it will probably be sore for a while after the adjustment, and recommended that I ice it. Augh, it hurts so bad though! I couldn't even turn my head this morning. I hope it's just residual soreness and I'm not going to have to go back in multiple times to get this worked out. Military insurance won't cover chiro, so it gets expensive. Worth it, but expensive.

Tonight is dragging on FOREVER. Can't believe I'm only halfway through my shift. This bites.

In other news, rode my bike to the barn today, so that's distance work #3 for the week (really it's 4, but the first two were both within section 1, so they only count as 1... if that makes any sense) and did my burpees about an hour ago while watching something about celebrity motorhomes on HGTV.

Neck feels better than it did, but not great. I can turn my head now, and I'm not in constant agony, but I still don't have much in the way of range of motion. I'll keep icing it and hopefully it'll be better by Monday and I won't have to go back in.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines