Rivanariko - On the move

Rivanariko

Great job on the bike rides. Take it easy on your neck this weekend. I hope your back to full assasin form by Monday

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Because I can't resist...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5333[/ATTACH]

Meet Pip

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

Zero physical activity over the weekend on top of eating like crap. And I'm still in pain. Saw the chiro again this morning as I got off work, felt better as I left the office, came home, went to bed, and woke up in pain again. This is getting seriously old. I wish I had the slightest idea of what it was or what to do about it.

I will be riding my bike out to the barn today though due to my car being in the shop and having no other option. I should probably get on that if I don't want to be riding in the dark. Blech.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

Hugs. I hate sore necks. Grrr....hope you heal soon

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I was alternating heat and ice the first day, and I haven't done either today, honestly, because neither one seems to make it feel any better. And it's high enough on my neck (the atlas joint, specifically) so I can't just rest the heat pack/ice pack on my shoulder, I have to hold it there. Which is annoying.

I feel bad for Husband this week. Being in pain makes me really cranky, so I'm snapping at him for everything.

Bike ride: 4.4 miles in 23 minutes. Not terrible, faster than I normally go when I'm with friends or the dog, that's for sure.

Aw man, I'm so sorry about the neck pain, that blows. It's the living worst. Give yourself lots of love and spoil yourself :) And sleep is good.

"In the silence of your bones and eyes forgotten magic sits and waits for fire." 

-Robert Montgomery

Assassin Crest

human assassin | viper jock
STA: 6.25 | STR: 6.5 | CHA: 9 | WIS: 12 | DEX: 5 | CON: 6.5

Sister's Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon

Fitocracy

I have a rice pack that I use for heat, and it works really well. The problem is that the pain is up by my ear, not low on my neck, so unless I'm laying down it won't stay.

Skipped TKD today, figured that was a bad idea. I did walk over to my friend's house with the dogs, so that's something. I feel like it might be starting to turn around, so that's something.

Feeling really discouraged today. I've been really cutting back, taking things super easy to allow my body to heal. (which is HARD for me. I don't like resting.) I thought it was turning around, and I was mostly pain free this weekend. But, on my drive home this morning, shooting pains up my arm. Moved into my shoulder, neck and head. I'm beginning to wonder if this challenge is going to be another wash. It would figure, I finally figure out how to set good goals and I'm really getting into this challenge, and my body sabotages me.

Calling the appointment line tomorrow, making a doctor's appointment. My mom thinks I have a pinched nerve. My coworker thinks it sounds like fibromyalgia, which has me all sorts of panicky.

Just... feeling really down right now. I'm sure I'll bounce back up soon. But this sucks.

Sorry about your neck hurting. I wouldn't worry about the fibromalagia though. To me it sounds like something in yyour neck. Pinching a nerve can cause the symptoms you described. Which still isn't fun, as it takes a while to heal. Maybe you can spend some time walking, since one of your goals is stamina, you could see how far you can walk. Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

Went for a run today. 0.6 miles in 6:17. It's somewhere to start.

Got to the doc today, diagnosis: Muscle spasms. Gave me some drugs to help with the inflammation an some stretches to do, and told me to do any freaking activity I want, just to use common sense and stop when things hurt. W00T!! Back to TKD tomorrow. Might go for a run and ride the pony tonight, just to celebrate being allowed to move again.

Yeah! Not for muscle spasms, but for being able to do stuff:)

Got halfway through TKD yesterday when I got dizzy and lightheaded and had to sit down. No affect to my breathing though, that was fine. I did breathing exercises anyway to stave off the panic attack that I knew was coming. I ate breakfast (an "egg muffin", which is an egg with spinach, mushrooms, olives, a little cheese, wrapped in a ham "cupcake wrapper". I make them for Husband for quick on-the-go breakfasts, and it's honestly considerably more than I normally consume in the morning), was well hydrated, and took my inhaler before class as normal. I have no idea what happened. Back to the Dr. I go... at least it's free, right? The military is good for something...

On the bright side, I've been walking back and forth to my friend's house a lot the last couple days. We were riding the fenceline out at the barn yesterday and the herd came galloping up behind us and spooked our horses. Both horses spun, I have a really strong seat so I stayed on without too much problem. My friend was caught more off guard and doesn't have the body awareness and balance that I do, so she tumbled off and broke her wrist. While her husband is in the field, I'm going over there a few times a day to help with stuff, and since she only lives about 4 blocks away, driving seems exceedingly dumb. So I'm getting my walking in, yay! And now that I'm cleared to exercise (and feeling better! I suppose drugs might have a small purpose after all) I'm going to do some handstand work with this last remaining bit of the challenge. I don't think I'll get my goal, but I can be closer to it than I was.

So I'm trying to drag myself out of my funk. Really trying. I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow, have a staff meeting at 1, meet with my therapist at 3, ride my horse and meet up with my friend to help her make ribbons for candles (oh yeah, her wedding is in 2.5 weeks. We're trying to figure out how we can make her cast look amazing for the ceremony) and I might try to do a bit of decluttering in there as well. Making slow progress on the garage, but I've gotten Husband to throw away at least two boxes worth of stuff we don't need. Winter is coming though, and I really want it done before the snow hits.

This challenge started out so strong, but when I started losing momentum, I fell off the cliff.

1. Freestanding Handstand

Grade: D. I'm closer than I was, and can pull my feet away from the wall for a second, but still far from my goal.

2. Stamina

Grade: B. Since my legs were the only thing that weren't hurting, I did a decent amount of walking later in the challenge, and a lot of riding my bike out to the barn at the beginning. Definitely have blown it off the last two weeks, but I think it was strong enough earlier on that I can give it a higher score with confidence.

3. Burpees

Grade: D. I did a few. Not very many. Then I gave up.

4. Decluttering

Grade: F. I think I only got 3-4 days in where I actually did this. Fail.

Points: 0, because you don't get points for not doing anything!

New stats:

STR 8.75 DEX 6.5 STA 7 CON 5.5 WIS 6.5 CHA 6.5

I'm going to wait to post weight and measurements till the beginning of the next challenge, because I have a rule about only weighing myself in the morning and since I work overnight the next 4 days... I just don't think I'll get an actual number. But I know that I've gained some fat back, because my eating habits have left a LOT to be desired.

I know this challenge was tough for you with being injured. Keeping the momentum going with walking and bike riding was a good plan. Now get ready to attack the next challenge.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines