I'm not sitting in the tavern!

Bard

Hey everyone,

Well I did originally say I was going to sit this challenge out as my wife is due to give birth to our second little girl on 7th September. However having had a couple of weeks off in the last challenge due to being sick myself and then our first little girl being sick and not sleeping, I realised just how easy it is to just stop and not do anything, regardless of your excuse.

So, I'm in! My main goal is just to keep going and not let my fitness fall off even though I have a lot else going on - after all, it's for my girls that I really want to get and stay fit! So my goals are:

Health / Fitness:

1. Do some form of exercise three days a week. I've been getting up for a proper 30-40 min workout early in the mornings lately, but I started this year just doing a few mins - 10 push ups and 10 sit ups I started with, and no matter what else is going on, I should be able to crank out a few push ups at least - The last thing I want to do after buying a nice expensive gym setup for the garage is fall out of the habit of using it! Stamina +5

2. Get outside and take the dog for a walk at least once a week - don't want her to feel jealous at yet more changes in her house and she does love her walks which I don't do for her often enough. Stamina +3

3. Setup the power rack - I'm very keen to be able to squat / bench press and do pull ups again, and it's a good job to do while mum & (first) little one are having a mid day rest on the weekend. Constitution +2

Level up Life goal:

Keep mum (to be) happy - I'm trying to think of a quantifiable aspect to this, but basically: a) Help out around the house more without grumbling and making it seem like a chore, B) keep Bethany (our first) occupied when I'm home so mummy can rest (ie, get off the computer daddy!) and c) don't tell Krista off for anything (I know it sounds like a horrible thing to do, but when Bethany was sick and none of us were sleeping well, it doesn't take much to snap at each other - not seriously but I felt terrible for doing it, and I can be firm about how I like things done even when I shouldn't need to be). Also obviously she is going to need a lot of support once new bub arrives and I WILL deliver (the support, not the baby - I'm not doing that, not with how much we're paying the obstetrician! :)) Charisma +5

My starting stats from the end of last challenge are:

Strength (STR) - 8

Dexterity (DEX) - 6

Stamina (STA) - 4

Constitution (CON) - 4

Wisdom (WIS) - 3

Charisma (CHA) - 2

Good luck everyone with your challenges!

Regards

Quentin.

Thanks Citabean!

Very similar to today's newsletter, I realised that it's all about momentum, and if I have a week off because the baby is due, and another one because bubs is late and another couple because bubs has just been born and it's hectic, then suddenly it will be January again and my new years resolution will be "gee, I really should get back in the gym!", hence my most important goal this time is just to keep the momentum going, even if it's just little things.

Thanks for the support!

Regards

Quentin

Thanks everyone,

I feel good about this as I could sees it being very easy to let things slide but I live participating in these challenges, especially the surprise of the weekly missions and that will keep me motivated and on track!

Regards

Quentin

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Doing well so far,

Three days in the gym this week: bodyweight work and 1 km on the bike on Monday, 7 km on the bike on wed and slightly less but still respectable 6.4 km today. Going to aim for a 6 km run on the weekend to bring the total up to 20 km run / ride for the week, will see how I go!

And otherwise things going well at home, ran a bath for the better half last night (can I add that to my running total?!) and looking forward to the weekend together.

Hope you are ask doing well!

Regards

Quentin

walking the dog is a great goal and a great way to subdue the inevitable jealousy when a new little one shows up.

and I love the sense of humor in your life goal.

[TABLE=width: 700]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wherever you go, there you are.

FSJJunkie (FSJ = Full Size Jeep)

Spartan Scout w/ assassin tendencies

STR:7.75 DEX:7.33 STA:14 CON:5 WIS:7.5 CHA:4

Multisport Athlete (Triathlon/Duathlon/Offroad Triathlon/Adventure)

Previous Challenge

[/TABLE]

Thanks fsjjunkie! It felt great to get out of the house with the whole family on the weekend and down to the park. I had a great time on the swing with my little girl who loved it, though the dog does get a bit anxious over us being on something so dangerous as a swing! :-)

Hope your challenge is going well too!

Regards

Quentin

Hi everyone,

Well I must confess I have been somewhat preoccupied these past couple of weeks but with the birth of our second girl, I can probably be forgiven :) Mother and bub are home and doing well, as is older (nearly 2) sister and the dog... and me :)

Importantly I haven't forgotten about working out and although my workouts have been pretty light and somewhat few and far between in the last fortnight at least, I did get out to the gym today for a full solid workout and I'm hoping to be able to get a couple in next week and to start getting back into a routine!

So to my goals for this challenge:

Health / Fitness:

1. Do some form of exercise three days a week. I've been getting up for a proper 30-40 min workout early in the mornings lately, but I started this year just doing a few mins - 10 push ups and 10 sit ups I started with, and no matter what else is going on, I should be able to crank out a few push ups at least - The last thing I want to do after buying a nice expensive gym setup for the garage is fall out of the habit of using it! Stamina +5.

Well I think I did pretty good at this, since bubs has been born (5th September, beautiful little girl - Alicia Hannah!) I haven't really done too much, though I have tried to at the very least, do a few kms walking / running each week to get out of the house (and get the K9 out too), and I've tried to throw in a couple dozen squats or push ups when I go for a shower. Today all the girls were asleep at once (the baby, our almost 2 year old and my wife) so I managed to get out into the gym and I was very impressed that I not only managed to equal my last pre-birth workout from a few weeks ago, but I also managed to up a couple of the lifts which I was very happy with. I'm going to give myself a B- and +3 Sta for this goal.

2. Get outside and take the dog for a walk at least once a week - don't want her to feel jealous at yet more changes in her house and she does love her walks which I don't do for her often enough. Stamina +3

I actually did this, though I feel I could have done more, so I'll say B- and +1 Sta here.

3. Setup the power rack - I'm very keen to be able to squat / bench press and do pull ups again, and it's a good job to do while mum & (first) little one are having a mid day rest on the weekend. Constitution +2

Nailed this too and boy is it nice to have the gym feeling properly setup and useable. Only downside was that I was listening to my Aussie Rules Football team (Essendon) play on the afternoon I did this and we got thoroughly thrashed! A! Con +2

Level up Life goal:

Keep mum (to be) happy - I'm trying to think of a quantifiable aspect to this, but basically: a) Help out around the house more without grumbling and making it seem like a chore, B) keep Bethany (our first) occupied when I'm home so mummy can rest (ie, get off the computer daddy!) and c) don't tell Krista off for anything (I know it sounds like a horrible thing to do, but when Bethany was sick and none of us were sleeping well, it doesn't take much to snap at each other - not seriously but I felt terrible for doing it, and I can be firm about how I like things done even when I shouldn't need to be). Also obviously she is going to need a lot of support once new bub arrives and I WILL deliver (the support, not the baby - I'm not doing that, not with how much we're paying the obstetrician! ) Charisma +5

Not too bad with this, I've hardly been on the computer at all lately, and I've been a good daddy and getting up in the middle of the night and everything! I'll say B and +4 Cha.

The guild challenges:

Challenge 1: distance scouting: Did well this week - 20km = +1 sta

Challenge 2: planking: did 15mins for that week = +1 str

Challenge 4: fighting the snooze button: did all my workouts and a bit that week = +1 sta

I did miss the other challenges, and I must admit I came back to the forum today to have a look at this week's challenge.... and found that the challenge was over and I'd not been paying attention LOL!

My stats then are:

Strength (STR) - (8 +1): 9

Dexterity (DEX) - 6

Stamina (STA) - (4 + 6): 10

Constitution (CON) - (4+2): 6

Wisdom (WIS) - 3

Charisma (CHA) - (2+4): 6

Hope you all did well too!

Regards

Quentin.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines